No announcement yet.

Ireland u20 6 Nations and World Championship 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great individual try from Stuart Moore. Aus 10 Ire 17.

Comment

two tries for Aussies. Looked like at least one forward pass for the second one
      "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

and another try for them
        "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Ah well, getting hammered now.

Comment

Red card telling now

Comment

Australia pushed home advantage with extra man ,scoring good few tries now ,ireland waiting for full time whistle at this stage ,brave performance up to the time we led 17_10 but numbers cost us badly .
              aus 45 ireland 17
              Still there's a light I hold before me
              You're the measure of my dreams
              The measure of my dreams.

Comment

There were a lot times in that game when a kick would have been a better option instead of running as much as we did. It’s a bit like watching minor hurling, it’s all skill and fluidity, none of the cynical stuff and it is great to watch, but when it comes to effective game management, playing percentages and territory there is a reason senior rugby teams kick so much.

Comment

Did Wren and Moore go off injured?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  \"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane\"

Comment

England barely beat Italy, 24-23, failing to get the Try Bonus, and therefore staying a point behind Ireland.

Any Irish win over Italy would put Ireland level with England on points at the very worst and ahead on the Head to Head.

Unfortunately, New Zealand and South Africa in Pool Three are both on ten Points after two matches with a PD of 51 and 52 respectively. They meet each other in the last round and the loser will probably get into the Semi-Finals as the best second placed team, unless Ireland (5, -12, ) give Italy an unmerciful hiding and there is a similar hiding in that game.

The Argies are on 6 points with Wales on 4 in Pool One. France (10) play ARG with Wales playing Fiji in the last round.
                    Last edited by Piquet; 8th-June-2019, 20:40.

Comment

The referee was Christophe Ridley from England. England, the country that needed Ireland to lose. Who makes these decisions. Whether or not he was unintentionally biased or intentionally biased it doesn't matter. He should not have been there.

​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by dropkick View Post
                        The referee was Christophe Ridley from England. England, the country that needed Ireland to lose. Who makes these decisions. Whether or not he was unintentionally biased or intentionally biased it doesn't matter. He should not have been there.

​​​​​
                        Only saw the first half- penalty count was 7-7 until the what might have been a yellow just before half time. No choice with the red, the player himself clearly realised what he’d done as soon as he hit the ground. Telling a guy, who seemed a competent enough ref, that he can’t ref a game because you’re worried about possible bias he might show, is rather insulting, don’t you think? I thought the conversations with the TMO etc showed how scrupulous he was. The red card killed it, but given the injuries before and since getting to Argentina, we were really up against it.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

Only saw the first half- penalty count was 7-7 until the what might have been a yellow just before half time. No choice with the red, the player himself clearly realised what he’d done as soon as he hit the ground. Telling a guy, who seemed a competent enough ref, that he can’t ref a game because you’re worried about possible bias he might show, is rather insulting, don’t you think? I thought the conversations with the TMO etc showed how scrupulous he was. The red card killed it, but given the injuries before and since getting to Argentina, we were really up against it.
                          Not commenting on the performance of the ref yesterday. Didn’t see it and from what I read the red was justified.

However, I do agree with the previous poster that you ideally don’t have a lad from a particular country reffing a game that’s key to his own country’s fortunes. Even subconscious bias can have an impact.

Comment

​​​​​
                            I agree with you there , i thought the same . I thought he reffed well though

Comment

​​​​​
                              What calls did he get wrong to prove that the decision was a mistake?

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post

What calls did he get wrong to prove that the decision was a mistake?
                                What calls did he get right to prove the decision was correct?

all of them please
                                Only fools and drunks argue over everything. If you don’t have a hangover the next day you’re not the drunk...

Comment

Working...
                                X