No announcement yet.

Ireland u20 6 Nations and World Championship 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seriously, does Daire O Brian ever have a good word to say about anything. At the end of a brilliant display once again, his first words were "it was down to luck". What a moron.

well done ireland

Comment

Brilliant result, delighted for the lads. Just finished watching it now as got home late
      "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by shep View Post
        Seriously, does Daire O Brian ever have a good word to say about anything. At the end of a brilliant display once again, his first words were "it was down to luck". What a moron.

well done ireland
        He's failed the moron exam twice and has to repeat the ludramaun class for another year. Got an 'A' in spoofing though.

Comment

Originally posted by shep View Post

well done ireland
          Couldnt believe that opening statement from obrien......gabhall
          Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined.*&nb sp;Henry Ford

Comment

Some very odd commentary about the team. I've heard a few times this week that the team is better than the sum of its parts and they've no outstanding individuals yet as a team they were awful against Wales but scored 4 tries and had 3 tries cancelled out by the TMO.
            ​​​​​​

Penny, Casey, Tierney, Baird, Hodnett, Byrne, Hawkshaw, French... etc etc. Some outstanding individuals there and plenty of others.

As a team they looked very flat but they dug in and got the job done. That will stand to them. The coaches will have to rotate a bit more during the U20 world cup.

Comment

Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
              And we have a very clear player pathway in Ireland and just ignoring older guys in favour of next new thing coming through at under 20 grade isnt the answer or solution to anything

There isn't a clear pathway in Munster. That's my whole point! Leinster have a clear pathway, Ulster have a clear pathway, Munster do not. Its a cluttered pathway.
              ​​​​
              ​​​
              ​​

Comment

Fantastic achievement, should not be underestimated - Grand Slam beating the World Cup winners and Finalists on the way. The supporters at the games in Musgrave Park should take a bow (& I'm a Limerickman!), played a major part in the games vrs. England & France.

Comment

Originally posted by dropkick View Post

There isn't a clear pathway in Munster. That's my whole point! Leinster have a clear pathway, Ulster have a clear pathway, Munster do not. Its a cluttered pathway.
                  ​​​​
                  ​​​
                  ​​
                  There’ll always be congestion in some positions. Take LH prop for example. Killer, Cronin, Liam O’Connor and Loughman are all good players and it will be very tough for anybody in the Academy to break through. Doesn’t mean we should get rid of any of those four.

We’re decluttering in some areas (SH for example) and I think we have one too many OHs but I don’t think it’s systemic issue.

Comment

Working...
                  X