Ireland u20 6 Nations and World Championship 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
    Who would you have French start ahead of? Hawkshaw/Turner?
    Not sure why its a surprise he isnt starting
    Come off it, of course its a surprise, French has been excellent this season for Con in the AIL, has been starting 13 for Ireland u18 and Ireland u19 for this age group and a standout talent from this age group.

Combined with the fact that Turner hasn't been playing 13 this season for Leinster or DUFC, of course it's a surprise. It's a mistake and it won't continue long.

Comment

Originally posted by ScrummieMan View Post

Come off it, of course its a surprise, French has been excellent this season for Con in the AIL, has been starting 13 for Ireland u18 and Ireland u19 for this age group and a standout talent from this age group.

Combined with the fact that Turner hasn't been playing 13 this season for Leinster or DUFC, of course it's a surprise. It's a mistake and it won't continue long.
      Its a bit of a stretch to say both that its a mistake and that it wont continue long.

Comment

Its a bit of a stretch to say both that its a mistake and that it wont continue long.
        No it's not, McNamara is making a mistake not starting French and he will be starting 13 very soon.

Comment

14-3 England. 16 minutes gone. could be a long night

Comment

Try Dylan Tierney 14-10. conversion to come. Ireland have done bit better

Comment

21-10.
              Nice bit of skill from English full back to score

Comment

14-3 England. 16 minutes gone. could be a long night
                TBH I think England were lucky to be that far ahead at that point, and the scoreline even now isn't a fair reflection of the two performances thus far. So long as Ireland manage to stay reasonably close - and that penalty is exactly what we needed - cut out the occasional lapses and keep doing the good stuff they've been doing, I still think we can fight back to win this.
                Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post

TBH I think England were lucky to be that far ahead at that point, and the scoreline even now isn't a fair reflection of the two performances thus far. So long as Ireland manage to stay reasonably close - and that penalty is exactly what we needed - cut out the occasional lapses and keep doing the good stuff they've been doing, I still think we can fight back to win this.
                  Dont think they are that lucky to be ahead as they are. I wouldnt be so sure about winning this but we have came back into game well.

Comment

YESS!!! Well-worked try off the base of the post.
                    Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Dont think they are that lucky to be ahead as they are. I wouldnt be so sure about winning this but we have came back into game well.
                      Two of England's three tries have come from our errors, not from their own work. Hence if we can settle the heads and cut the errors, we won't be gifting them points. Therefore, they are lucky to be ahead.:)
                      Tis but a scratch.

Comment

HT 20-24. Not too shabby after handing them 14 points.
                        Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Try Ireland from Maul. Tierney got the touchdown. 25-24

Comment

28-27 Ireland just into lead. 55 gone.

Comment

Nice kick. Tough kick in the circumstances.
                              "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                              Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Come on Harry - your brother would have stroked that over .... still 28-27, 69 mins. Man in the bib for another 5 mins
                                "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                                Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X