Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the updates

Comment

Sounded like a cracking game- thanks Chips- really fantastic for those of unable to watch live.

Comment

The Scotland-Wales game is still going on, but apparently it's 26-13 with only a couple of minutes to go or something like that.
        Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Finished 27-20 for Scotland v Wales, so that's us absolutely confirmed as champions.
          Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Scots beat wales 27 20 ,ireland now confirmed as u20 six nations champions fantantic .
            it was a great game to watch and from a slightly munster bias great to see so much talent coming through

Comment

Nice touch by RTE to play us out with a bit of the Prodigy.
              Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Craig Casey reminds me of only one person.....

Ricky Bobby's insane younger son in Talledega Nights. I can see him coming at giants of the game like a spidermonkey

Click image for larger version

Name:	MadBountifulCony-size_restricted.gif
Views:	82
Size:	1.62 MB
ID:	2561535
                I am the million man.

Comment

I really really enjoyed that match. Great to see fine young players having the confidence to try things and run with the ball, even if there were plenty mistakes. I loved the hunger of the forwards when in the French 22. Ben Healy had a very assured match, he looks like a fine player. Casey is some player too, I hope he's not too serious. This article from January describes his unfortunate previous injuries https://www.balls.ie/rugby/craig-cas...nd-u20s-404907.

Hodnett, Wycherley, Ryan, French, Flannery all had fine performances too. Great to watch these lads.
                  "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                  Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Great game and brilliant to see the crowd turning out and ramping up the atmosphere and noise .
                    i dont agree with neil francis often ,actually it goes against the grain but he was right during the week.
                    shut the bars 30 mins before kick off and get the stadium rocking .

Comment

Delighted for the lads, great to be champions with a game to spare
                      "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Just watched the game, very impressed by Casey and Healy. Hopefully these two keep developing nicely! Sean French had a very good game too at 12
                        Good things happen to those who wait, though mostly much too late.

Comment

I would like to see Caseys great form get rewarded with some game time for the senior side, we play Zebre in TP in a few weeks, why not put him on the bench?

France have players starting this Sunday that played U20 last season and the season before, there were plenty of lads in Musgrave last night that played Top 14 last weekend.

I get the reluctance to play young players in positions where physicality is an issue, but SH is the one position where you can easily give youth a chance.

As one of the standout players in Ireland’s championship win the lad will be getting offers from all over, why not fast track him? In a season with the right level of exposure he could be up to the level Alby currently at.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post
                            I would like to see Caseys great form get rewarded with some game time for the senior side, we play Zebre in TP in a few weeks, why not put him on the bench?

France have players starting this Sunday that played U20 last season and the season before, there were plenty of lads in Musgrave last night that played Top 14 last weekend.

I get the reluctance to play young players in positions where physicality is an issue, but SH is the one position where you can easily give youth a chance.

As one of the standout players in Ireland’s championship win the lad will be getting offers from all over, why not fast track him? In a season with the right level of exposure he could be up to the level Alby currently at.
                            Why not? Because he’s not going to feature in the business end of the season, and we now need to ensure everything is working as well as it can. We know Murray is number 1, Alby is 2, but has been a bit off colour in the last few games, and it’s cronins first season, he dies good stuff, but needs to work on some bad habits and have the opportunity to show a bit more. An injury to Murray against wales and we’d be wanting the other two at their absolute best.

I’m not at all against giving young players their head - give him a good preseason and early season games- if we don’t have Alby there’ll be opportunities- and he sounds like he’s really one for the (near?) future.

Comment

Fair point, be nice to see him get a good run at it next season alright

Comment

Originally posted by theghost View Post
                                Great game and brilliant to see the crowd turning out and ramping up the atmosphere and noise .
                                i dont agree with neil francis often ,actually it goes against the grain but he was right during the week.
                                shut the bars 30 mins before kick off and get the stadium rocking .
                                Great atmosphere and a great idea to play in Cork. I've been to U20 matches in Donnybrook and the atmosphere has been quite flat. The lads really get a lift when they know the crowd are behind them.

Comment

Working...
                                X