X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ireland u20 6 Nations and World Championship 2019

Home games in 6 Nations to be played in Musgrave Park
    http://www.the42.ie/ireland-u20s-mus...47674-Sep2018/

We're in group in world championships next year with England, Australia and Italy

Great news. The first part that is.

No longer are we the only Six Nations country that has all of its U20s home matches in the Capital.

Now to get the Women's matches around the country

Comment

2 usual games played against Munster and Leinster development played. wins for Ireland in both
      Leinster Development 21 Ireland u20s 38 in Donnybrook http://www.irishrugby.ie/news/43174.php#.XB0fg-ynyUA
      Munster Development 20 Ireland u20s 24 in Musgrave Park http://irishrugby.ie/news/43187.php#.XCvE9Fz7TIU

Comment

Flannery
        Phillips
        French
        Wren
        McCarthy
        Healy
        Casey
        Wycherley
        Scannell
        Hodnett

Anybody else I’ve missed from Munster who is in with a reasonable shout of making the 6 nations/World Cup squad?

I’d imagine Casey, French and Hodnett are nailed on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        \"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane\"

Comment

Originally posted by Colliniho View Post
          Flannery
          Phillips
          French
          Wren
          McCarthy
          Healy
          Casey
          Wycherley
          Scannell
          Hodnett

Anybody else I’ve missed from Munster who is in with a reasonable shout of making the 6 nations/World Cup squad?

I’d imagine Casey, French and Hodnett are nailed on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          You would think so. Harry Byrne will be first on the teamsheet I'd imagine but Healy would be an ideal fit for the 22 shirt imo.

Comment

Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
            2 usual games played against Munster and Leinster development played. wins for Ireland in both
            Leinster Development 21 Ireland u20s 38 in Donnybrook http://www.irishrugby.ie/news/43174.php#.XB0fg-ynyUA
            Munster Development 20 Ireland u20s 24 in Musgrave Park http://irishrugby.ie/news/43187.php#.XCvE9Fz7TIU
            Lot of Munster players - is there any talk of a rival Southern conveyor belt? Harry Byrne aside - who are the most promising?.
            ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
            AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post

Lot of Munster players - is there any talk of a rival Southern conveyor belt? Harry Byrne aside - who are the most promising?.
              Aside from the Munster lads, Byrne and Charlie Ryan look like the stand out players.

Kernoghan the Ulster winger is a serious prospect, but he wasn't involved in Musser last week.

From our perspective French looks to have serious ability. Flannery has had a good AIL season too, even if he's arguably better at ten.

Doesn't look like a vintage year sadly, the pack look underpowered and I don't know if they'll be able to get a handy looking backline enough decent ball.
              \"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane\"

Comment

Congrats to the 7 Munster lads named in the squad to take on England.

Ireland U20 v England U20, U20 Six Championship, Irish Independent Park, Cork. Kick-Off: 7.15pm

15. Jake Flannery (Shannon RFC / Munster)

14. Conor Phillips (Young Munster RFC / Munster)

13. Liam Turner (Dublin University FC / Leinster)

12. David Hawkshaw (Clontarf FC / Leinster) Captain

11. Jonathan Wren (Cork Constitution FC / Munster)

10. Harry Byrne (Lansdowne FC / Leinster)*

9. Craig Casey (Shannon RFC / Munster)

1. Josh Wycherley (Young Munster RFC / Munster)

2. Dylan Tierney-Martin (Corinthians RFC / Connacht)*

3. Thomas Clarkson (Dublin University FC / Leinster)

4. Charlie Ryan (UCD RFC / Leinster)*

5. Niall Murray (Buccaneers RFC / Connacht)

6. Martin Moloney (Old Belvedere RFC / Leinster)

7. Scott Penny (UCD RFC / Leinster)

8. John Hodnett (UCC RFC / Munster)

Replacements:

16. John McKee (Old Belvedere RFC / Leinster)

17. Michael Milne (UCD RFC / Leinster)

18. Ryan Lomas (Galwegians RFC / Connacht)

19. Brian Deeny (Clontarf FC / Leinster)

20. David McCann (Banbridge RFC / Ulster)

21. Cormac Foley (St.Mary’s College RFC / Leinster)

22. Sean French (Cork Constitution FC / Munster)

23. Rob Russell (Dublin University FC / Leinster)

forti et fideli nihil difficile

Comment

Looking forward to seeing how they do although by all accounts it's one of the strongest England teams ever so a win is unlikely. Surprised French isn't starting.

Hodnett must surely be a strong candidate for the academy so he's one to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by dropkick View Post
                    Looking forward to seeing how they do although by all accounts it's one of the strongest England teams ever so a win is unlikely. Surprised French isn't starting.

Hodnett must surely be a strong candidate for the academy so he's one to watch.
                    Why the surprise about French when Byrne is in second year at this level etc
                    There isnt a chance of a win. Theyve a lot of regulars at premiership level like Marcus Smith(nearly 50 appearances for quins already). Ted Hill has made his full english debut as well.

Comment

Why the surprise about French when Byrne is in second year at this level etc
                      There isnt a chance of a win. Theyve a lot of regulars at premiership level like Marcus Smith(nearly 50 appearances for quins already). Ted Hill has made his full english debut as well.

Byrne is a 10 while French plays center or in the back 3.

Comment

Byrne is a 10 while French plays center or in the back 3.
                        Who would you have French start ahead of? Hawkshaw/Turner?
                        Not sure why its a surprise he isnt starting

Comment

I've been watching him create and score fantastic tries for a few years. I'm not as familiar with Hawkshaw and Turner but I see they're 5'9 and 5'8 respectively and coming up against a physical England side. French is 6'2.

​​​​​Most people expected French to start.

I presume you don't have your own opinion because you're a conformist. Whatever the coach does is correct, eh.

Comment

I've been watching him create and score fantastic tries for a few years. I'm not as familiar with Hawkshaw and Turner but I see they're 5'9 and 5'8 respectively and coming up against a physical England side. French is 6'2.

​​​​​Most people expected French to start.

I presume you don't have your own opinion because you're a conformist. Whatever the coach does is correct, eh.
                            Me a comformist. Not at all.
                            Where do you get the idea most people expected french to start? Proof? Who is most people.
                            Height isnt everything. that isnt what is more important against a physical side.
                            And Hawkshaw through school and now in Tarf has been exceptional.

Comment

Me a comformist. Not at all.
                              Where do you get the idea most people expected french to start? Proof? Who is most people.
                              Height isnt everything. that isnt what is more important against a physical side.
                              And Hawkshaw through school and now in Tarf has been exceptional.
                              French is up against Turner though. Good player by all accounts but hasn’t made the academy yet. More importantly French has started a lot of the games in the lead up at 13 from memory. The coaching team obviously know the most but I was surprised by the call as well.
                              Wycherley being picked ahead of Milne was another surprise.
                              Massive test versus that English team. Great chance for all these players who I’m certain fully justify their selection. Cant wait to see the Munster back three as well. I’m going to it - Smith at 10 is worth the trip alone.

Comment

Working...
                              X