Why Not Play Our Best against The Best

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Not Play Our Best against The Best

Eddie O'Sullivan hasleft Stringer and Dempsey on the bench agaist Australia why ??? both had outstanding games against South Africa so why change a winning team that is playing well when you play the best teams you play your best players and your best teamif Eddie wanted to give other players a game why not wait until the game against the Pacific Islands

Murphy has been first choice for Ireland for years and as for Isaac Boss, well he has to be blooded against proper opposition for the next world cup and he is a great player, he'll need to get experience playing with O'Gara anyway, what happens if Stringer gets injured. So i disagree with your sentiment there

Comment

John Connolly the Australian coach said that he could not understand the decision to not include Stringer in the team to play Australia . As for Issac Boss he plays against some of the best scrum halfs in the buisness in the Celtic Magners league and the Heineken Cup for Ulster

Comment

Magners and Heineken cupare not international standard. people have been calling for eddie to build the depth of the squad for a long time. He's finally doing that. At the end of the day this is not a competitive match and is the best environment to test the fringe players. testing them against the pacific islanders would serve very little purpose
        "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Originally posted by Cool - Cat

Eddie O'Sullivan hasleft Stringer and
          Dempsey on the bench agaist Australia why ??? both had outstanding
          games against South Africa so why change a winning team that is playing
          well when you play the best teams you play your best players and your
          best teamif Eddie wanted to give other players a game why not
          wait until the game against the Pacific Islands

ok... if you believe this... why didn't you throw your twopence in..
          when a lot of others were screaming for eddie to try other players
          during the autumn internationals....???...

i am not saying you are right or wrong, but this kind of comment wrecks
          my head when it reeks of "unheardofness"...... speak up sooner..

He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Cool Cat, in the great scheme of things the result tomorrow doesn't really matter, exposing guys against some of the best of the business is just sensible, if Stringer gets injured (touch wood he doesn't) his replacement will benefit from having some frontline experience. Stringer, Dempsey and Horan haven't been dropped, EOS is just broadening his squad.

Comment

Originally posted by blackadder
              Cool Cat, in the great scheme of things the result
              tomorrow doesn't really matter, exposing guys against some of the best
              of the business is just sensible, if Stringer gets injured (touch wood
              he doesn't) his replacement will benefit from having some frontline
              experience. Stringer, Dempsey and Horan haven't been dropped, EOS is
              just broadening his squad.

blackadder ..... you are so more PC than I am........

This...... Cool Cat.. is the perfect answer...!!! ............... sorry if i rushed in too quick before...[img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]

He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Who cares? Meaningless end-of-season friendlies are, by definition, meaningless.
                New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog

Who cares? Meaningless end-of-season friendlies are, by definition, meaningless.

Quite wrong

Comment

Originally posted by epaddy

Quite wrong

Half right. It will only be meaningless if Ireland loose. If Ireland win then it will bethe greatest thing since sliced bread was invented.
                    Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Quite wrong

A grown up would have written "I disagree" and set out some reasons for his opinion - a kid types "Quite wrong".

It's time to decide which category you wish to belong to, eeep.

New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Originally posted by McCloud

Quite wrong

Half right. It will only be meaningless if Ireland loose. If Ireland win then it will bethe greatest thing since sliced bread was invented.
                        Sliced bread!!, surely the wheel [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Comment

Quite wrong

quite wrong....................

hmmmm........... a double negative methinks.....!!

I should really work on my people skills......

Comment

Quite wrong

A grown up would have written "I disagree" and set out some reasons for his opinion - a kid types "Quite wrong".

It's time to decide which category you wish to belong to, eeep.

No its just wrong mate. Its not meaningless. It may not carry a lot of value in your opinion but it has meaning.

Comment

If the tour/fixturehad any real meaning, would George Gregan be left at home in Sydney watching cricket?

Comment

Working...
                              X