<!-Emvb->

</td>

</tr>

</t></table>

<!-Emvb->

Geordan Murphy was a surprise omission from the Ireland squad for
    Saturday's eagerly-awaited Six Nations game against England at Croke
    Park.

Below the Leicester player answers some of your e-mails, many of which refer to his absence from the Ireland squad.

Geordan, I believe you are a world-class player for both Leicester and
    Ireland and I think Eddie O'Sullivan has got it dreadfully wrong
    leaving you out in the cold for the game against England? I know you
    keep getting asked this but why does he keep ostracising you and do you
    take it personally?

Gaz,

Hi Gaz. Eddie has got nothing against me and he's obviously picked a
    team that he believes can win. Unfortunately for me, I'm missing out
    for whatever reason. I don't take it personally but it obviously does
    dent the confidence when you don't get selected.

Geordan, I am
    bemused that Eddie O'Sullivan is not picking you as an automatic first
    choice full-back. Have you blotted your copybook in some way?

Patrick Brett

I don't know about that. I spoke to Eddie after the team had been
    selected and I was very disappointed but I'd like to think there was a
    fairly level playing field. Obviously, Eddie was disappointed with some
    of the things that I'd done. He feels he has the right balance with the
    players he has this weekend and that's his call to make. That's just
    the way it has to go.

Geordan, I'm
    nearly as disappointed as you as you missing out on the 22. I've always
    thought Eddie O'Sullivan has never given you a fair chance and when he
    has, it has been in your unfavoured position on the wing. Would you
    agree?

Tom

I've got a lot of caps under Eddie and I'm thankful for every cap. I
    think Eddie is trying to do the best

A broken man by the sounds of it....quite different to his column in The Sunday Times last Sunday !

Comment

"I did eventually manage to get two but my Mum and Dad were quite keen to go so I have given them those tickets."

I always thought International players were entitled to buy two tickets regardless ?

Comment

Imagine not going to the game!!!?? Surely the players can easily get tickets. I dont believe he cant get some for a minute.

Geordan, if you're reading this and are going to the game on Saturday - BRING A FLAG!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Point

"I did eventually manage to get two but my Mum and Dad were quite keen to go so I have given them those tickets."

I always thought International players were entitled to buy two tickets regardless ?

According to a great story about (I think) Phillo its former internationals and you have to apply a month in advance.

Comment

A very honest interview....pathetic that the players that dont make the 22 are not kept with the squad for the home games,althought maybe he was offered that choice and turned it down,which would be understandable...Im sure he will be back and hope to see him given a run out at fullback soon.......cant understand at all,how he has been totally omitted for this weekend.........
            Seas suas agus troid!

Comment

i do feel for him, met him a few times and is as geninue and nice as they come. I do think though he will get up from this knock. The guy is a fighter and is down now but life goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by Point

Correct,guys that are in the initial squad are allowed buy 2 tickets. If you are involved in the matchday squad, you are allowed 15.
                Seas suas agus troid!

Comment

Sorry for you Geordan, but I think that Eddie will be the one missing out. You've always been a favourite of mine and I would have always thought of you as "safe Hands". I wanted to call my 2 year old after you but my husband won that battle. A bit of your polish got knocked off when you scored against us their recently but I am over it now. Most of us know your brilliance and look forward to seeing it again soon.[img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by SkibRed
                    Geordan, if you're reading this and are going to the game on Saturday - BRING A FLAG!!!
                    Absolute Class ! [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img][img]smileys/lol.gif[/img][img]smileys/lol.gif[/img][img]smileys/lol.gif[/img][img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by LLCOOLJ14
                      A very honest interview....pathetic that the players that dont make the 22 are not kept with the squad for the home games,althought maybe he was offered that choice and turned it down,which would be understandable...Im sure he will be back and hope to see him given a run out at fullback soon.......@@@@SPAN style="font-weight: bold;">cant understand at all,how he has been totally omitted for this weekend.........@@@@/SPAN>
                      Cause he's not good enough at international level and has been a shadow of his former self since his nasty leg break. Maybe.
                      Commemorate Nevin Spence here -
                      http://www.mycharity.ie/event/munste..._nevin_spence/

Comment

He's still a damn good full back though, would have liked to see him in the squad but there you go, i'm sure he'll get a good run out in the remaining games and i cant see how he wouldnt be part of the world cup squad barring injury

Comment

Jees - I was laughing reading that question referring to Murphy's world cup being a potential "cheap holiday" but by the end ofhis last responseyou feel really bad for the guy. Hope to God he can come back from this as he is a sublimely talented player.

Comment

People have short memories with regard to Murphy. Dempsey plays at fullback people call for his head shout about how we need attacking flair and demand Murphy. You can be damn sure after one game of Murphy fannying about at the back people will be calling for safe hands and Dempsey back. I'm not a fan of either, Murphy is all at sea defensively and Dempsey offers little to our backline in attack. However, with Horgan, BOD, D'arse, Hickie and Wallace and Trimble on the bench. We don't need anymore attacking options and it gives the team confidence to have a solid fullback. Murphy has/had potential, pity we haven't seen it in an Ireland shirt in 4yrs.
                            Commemorate Nevin Spence here -
                            http://www.mycharity.ie/event/munste..._nevin_spence/

Comment

Agreed Jackie. What is it about Munsterfans and formerly great fullbacks?

My computer thinks I'm gay
                              What's the difference anyway
                              When all the people do all day
                              Is stare into a phone

Comment

Working...
                              X