• Show
Clear All

Buy a piece of Lansdowne Road

€10 for a keyring €20 for a paper weight

http://www.irishrugby.ie/283_7437.php

Own a piece of Irish Rugby History

20 February 2007, 10:17 am
    By Editor
    The closure of Lansdowne Road for redevelopment brings an end to an era for the oldest international rugby stadium in the world. Now you can own a piece of Irish rugby history.

Own a piece of Irish Rugby History
    March 11th 1878 – Ireland v England to November 26th 2006 – Ireland v Pacific Islanders - One hundred and twenty eight years of international rugby history.

Now a piece of that history can be yours… and you can cherish the wonderful memories of Irish rugby.

Cast your mind back in time to an era and a pitch that had been graced by Karl Mullen and Jack Kyle. The pitch that has seen the legendary Willie John McBride and Mike Gibson play such crucial roles for Ireland, the pitch that saw the wonderful Ollie Campbell, the battling Keith Wood and the new generation of O’Driscoll and O’Gara and many, many others.

The IRFU are delighted to offer you this opportunity to purchase a limited edition piece of the hallowed turf of Lansdowne Road.

Own some grass from the pitch with a special edition key-ring. Alternatively you could adorn your desk with a paperweight encasing the green swards of the pitch. Or you could make a display of your very own piece of Lansdowne Road turf itself.

Each item – key-ring, paperweight and turf - comes in a special presentation box with a certificate of authenticity and lists some of the great days from Irish rugby and Lansdowne Road history.

Cherish your memories of Ireland’s great days in Lansdowne Road with one of these superbly presented items.

To own your piece of Irish rugby history click here.

Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

There's a sucker born every minute.
    Grandpa Simpson: The last time the meteors came, we thought the sky was on fire. Naturally, we blamed the Irish. We hanged more \'n a few.

Comment

sure that grass would have only grown in the last 3 or 4 weeks
      The Source for this post is The Internet

Comment

Wonder if you have to water the paper weight?

Also will they be charging extra for the bit BOD puked on?
        Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Originally posted by McCloud

<DIV>
          </DIV>
          <DIV></DIV>
          <DIV>If they do, they'd want to include carrot chunks for authenticity.</DIV>
          <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
          http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
          </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

Originally posted by Ruck
            Originally posted by McCloud

<DIV>
            </DIV>
            <DIV></DIV>
            <DIV>If they do, they'd want to include carrot chunks for authenticity.</DIV>

[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img][img]smileys/lol.gif[/img][img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
            "Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too ?" - Douglas Adams

Comment

Them fcukers already got €50 outta me for the Great Ticket Scam (still no sign of the beanie) so i'll be damned if i'm going to get caught a second time!

Comment

Originally posted by Cling Cling
                Them fcukers already got €50 outta me for the Great Ticket Scam (still no sign of the beanie) so i'll be damned if i'm going to get caught a second time!

Yeah, I got caught with that one as well. They are a long way off the setup that MRSC has.
                "Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too ?" - Douglas Adams

Comment

why no sell some of the piss saturated concrete that makes up the terraces? do a "berlin wall" on it?
                  Hi sham, gimme 2 pints of carling, a bottle of bud, and a vodka and orange for the burd

Comment

Originally posted by Monster Fan

why no sell some of the piss saturated concrete that makes up the terraces? do a "berlin wall" on it?

When they start tearing it down I wouldn't be surprised.

Comment

Working...
                    X