The Irish Rugby Tour To Argentina

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Irish Rugby Tour To Argentina

When are the Irish Rugby team going on tour to Argentina is it in June how many games are they playing there any idea how many Irish supporters are going there ..... any news or advice about the tour very apreciated .. Thank You

Strange had a quick look on the IRFU site while the 6 nations fixtures and the world cup group fixtures are there I can not find any mention of the summer tour?
    Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

2 games, 26th May and 2nd June. First one will be in Cordoba or Mendoza, second one in Buenos Aires. There's a few of us from LF going, I'm cashing in frequent flyer miles but the flights are around €850 thru London. Cheap as chips once you get over there. IRFU should be selling tickets. Tout Travel are doing packages but at an extortionate 2.5K.
      \"This year is different because this year they won\'t beat snow off a rope. They\'ll revert back to type and get 6 shades of s**t bate out of them in the group stages of the HEC ...\" Tobyglen 21 Sept 2010

Comment

First game on the 26th of May the Heineken Cup Final is on the day after i find that very strange what happens if Munster Or Leinster make it to the Heineken Cup Final ???

Comment

HEC Final on the 20th May CC

Comment

Originally posted by Cool - Cat

First game on the 26th of May the Heineken Cup Final is on the day after i find that very strange what happens if Munster Or Leinster make it to the Heineken Cup Final ???

Seeing as we have Argintina in our group for the world cup I assume it will be fringe / dev players who go out. We would hardly be mad enough to send our world cup squadout to Argintina before the cup starts, would we?
            Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Gohop.ie are doing 10 day packages from dublin to buenos aires 23/5 to 3/6 for 4* B&B for €1,850. Small few extras included but no word of match tickets.

http://www.gohop.com/1070/SportsBrea...elandVArgentin a/holiday.html

Surely be a lot cheaper to book seperately.

Comment

Originally posted by Combatlogo
                2 games, 26th May and 2nd June. First one will be in Cordoba or Mendoza, second one in Buenos Aires. There's a few of us from LF going, I'm cashing in frequent flyer miles but the flights are around €850 thru London. Cheap as chips once you get over there. IRFU should be selling tickets. Tout Travel are doing packages but at an extortionate 2.5K.

I was under the impression first game was definitley in BA ane the other was possibley moving to one of the provinces. Im going to be in south america for 3 months from the 24th, would suit me much better for them both to be in BA really.

Have you seen confirmation of those dates and venues because like mccloud, im struggling to find confirmed dates on any Irish rugby sites

Comment

The dates were on the old IRFU site before the revamp. Also got that info from Killester Travel who normally have an inside track on these things...still all TBC but the way it's lined up, the 2nd game is in BA.

As for sending the whole squad - with E EOS, that really wouldn't surprise me but I hope I'm wrong and he rests the frontliners.

WRT the HEC final, I believe we played a test in Tonga or Samoa a week after you lot lost in 2002.
                  \"This year is different because this year they won\'t beat snow off a rope. They\'ll revert back to type and get 6 shades of s**t bate out of them in the group stages of the HEC ...\" Tobyglen 21 Sept 2010

Comment

I believe a number of the Argentinian squad will still be involved with the T14 so they won't be at full strength either.

I've been to BsAs a few time, most recently last month over the new year and while the local places to eat and drink are pretty cheap, the expat/Oirish pubs in the centre, like The Kilkenny aren't that much cheaper than UK/Ireland prices.

Comment

Anyone based in Argentina? If so plesae PM me.
                      Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaderunner

Originally posted by Combatlogo

I was under the impression first game was definitley in BA ane the other was possibley moving to one of the provinces. Im going to be in south america for 3 months from the 24th, would suit me much better for them both to be in BA really.

Have you seen confirmation of those dates and venues because like mccloud, im struggling to find confirmed dates on any Irish rugby sites

Try some lateral thinking! The dates (but not venues)are on the UAR website

New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

I'm going to be in Argentina and am meting a few friends for the tour. The IRFU are waiting on the ARU to confirm ko times and venues, but I believe the second match will be in San Isidro, in northern Buenos Aires. I'm having difficulty getting info on tickets (I presume they wont go on sale until close to the date or even match day).

If anyone is interested in meeting up with us on match day, let me know.

Comment

Working...
                          X