Pub in Wroclaw to watch match

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pub in Wroclaw to watch match

Once again I am in a strange and wonderful place trying to find a pub to watch the match in. Will be in Karpacz, south west Poland on saturday.

Nearest bigger towns are Jelenia Gora and Wroclaw. Any expertise welcome

Offside Ref! He's being doing it all day

Eastender - You lucky lucky bas***d ! Karpacz is beautiful ! If you can, go on the short trek to the top of Sniezka mountain (not very high and a track all the way to the top). The view is spectacular and there is a nice little café on the top. Starts beside the Norwegian style wooden church at the top of the village.

Not sure about Irish bars in JG, but there is certainly one in Legnica which you will pass on the way to Wroclaw. In fact if you drive in theroad into Legnica from JG (via Zlotoryja)you will pass it on your left. It's called Zielona Wyspa (Green Island) and will almost certainly be showing the match.

For sure there are a couple of Irish bars in Wroclaw. Have a look around the main square close to the University.

Comment

Got a a mate living in Wroclaw, will send him an email...

Comment

I was in Warsaw for the Ireland V South Africa. Wewent everywhere looking for a TV to watch it on. We ended up in some sports bar which boasted all sports channels including SKY. Unfortunately they do not have SKY Sports 1,2 or 3 in Polandjust one generic SKY Sports channel, whichdidnt seem to deem the Irish game important enough to show instead we were treated to some crappy rally. You should be safe enough with a six nations game at a sports bar though
        Terry who? Look man I aint playing the name game up in here Theres a reason why Mr. Felcher chose me in the first round....I\'m an impact player!!!

Comment

Thanks folks for the info. I knew this site would'nt let me down.
          Corker, I was there in September and went to the top of the mountain to a wedding in the church at the top. Not fun after a discovery of cheap vodka the night before. Heading back to see if the skiing is any good.

Comment

Eastender, here's his reply to my question.....

Theres a bar called the Guinness bar in plac solny (just off the main market square), which might have it. Theres a John Bull pub directly opposite it which might also show the match...

Comment

Originally posted by POC Lost Tooth

Eastender, here's his reply to my question.....

Theres a bar called the Guinness bar in plac solny (just off the main market square), which might have it. Theres a John Bull pub directly opposite it which might also show the match...

Thanks again, and you pal. This one is not proving that easy to nail down

Comment

I am heading to wroclaw this weekend and will be looking for a place to watch the final, anyone have any idea? The Guinness pub has pretty bad reviews on Google
                Stand up and fight

Comment

Yeah I saw that the bull was closed. Just saw that the winners sports bar are showing it and they've have good reviews on trip advisor
                  Stand up and fight

Comment

Tourists
                    Stand up and fight

Comment

Originally posted by kermit
                      Who reviews pubs on TripAdvisor?
                      Loudmouths?
                      Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                      Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Working...
                      X