Best Vs Easterby

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Vs Easterby

I suppose with Best playing last night it suggests that Simone will be starting next week. Obviously he gives us that bit extra in the lineout which will be handy against Wilkinsonland but isnt it about time we stopped worrying about the (mediocre) oppostion and went for the throat ourselves?

Neil Best to start. Please. But its not going to happen. [img]smileys/sad.gif[/img]

I think Best is better. Technically Easterby might be better but Best has a presense around the field and can lift a team with big tackles.

Comment

If you can watch Best's performance from last night. He was an animal. Just what Ireland was missing in the first 30mins against France. I would hope Eddie has the sense to start him, Easterby just ain't the type of player we are looking for.
      Commemorate Nevin Spence here -
      http://www.mycharity.ie/event/munste..._nevin_spence/

Comment

We've had Marcus sitting on the bench for close to two years while an
        inferior player struggled in his place on the pitch (corrigan).

We had Donnacha watching from the sidelines while Mal O'kelly mixed the mediocre with the poor & yet still kept his place.

I think the tradition is being kept up with Neil Best. Easterby is a
        good player (like O'kelly) & brings certain qualities to the side
        but N. Best makes an immediate impression when he comes into the team.
        He gives the opposition something to be very worried about . Our best
        (excuse the pun) performances in the last 12 months have all been with
        Best on the pitch (Aus, SA, NZ x 2) & he played a huge part in those performances, our worst (Wales,
        France) have been without him. I think we should call a spade a
        spade. Easterby benefits from being an Eddie favourite like O'kelly
        before & perhaps keeps his place more as a recompense for loyality
        than based on performance.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again (like picking Gordon D'Arcy) and expecting different results.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

I liked the looks of Best last night and in the time he was on against France, he certainly was better than Easterby was against France

I'd love to see him start. I'll be surprised if he does though. Eddie is just too conservative.

Kiva - Loans That Change Lives

Comment

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_C&#111;ntainer height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="&#111;n">
            <T>
            <TR height="100%" width="100%" UNABLE="&#111;n">
            <TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">tragically it does seem that simon will have to commit some kind of treasonous act to be dropped by eddie O </TD></TR>
            <TR UNABLE="&#111;n" hb_tag="1">
            <TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="&#111;n">
            <DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

Comment

easterby is a good player, but everytime best has played for ireland he, and ireland, have done well.

best must start

If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.

Comment

Best would get the nod for me but the bigger question is what has happened Ulsters form? They started the season so well and are now struggling badly.

My computer thinks I'm gay
                What's the difference anyway
                When all the people do all day
                Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by sewa

Best would get the nod for me but the bigger question is what has happened Ulsters form? They started the season so well and are now struggling badly.

Well i'd say teams have found us out, some players have just been off form and some players have been low in confidence, however when all that is said and done two guys who have consistantly performed for us have been Neil and Rory Best and Neil Best is hitting really top form. I couldn't really argue with Easterby's selection against Wales, horses for courses i felt Best was the man to start against France, but then i figured Easterby had played well against Wales so that was ok, this time Neil Best should start against England and there is little argument (bar the lineout) for it to be otherwise.

Comment

Best is certainly the better player in my opinion. I think the France game was enough to prove that to any doubters. The upside of his neglection by EOS is that we have strength on the bench I suppose. [img]smileys/c&#111;nfused.gif[/img]

Comment

Easterby is nowhere near Bests league ..he shouldnt even be in the match 22..too slow..too lazy
                      To not give it everything, is to sacrifice the gift.

Comment

Originally posted by dedon
                        Easterby is nowhere near Bests league ..he shouldnt even be in the match 22..@@@@SPAN style="font-weight: bold;">too slow..too lazy@@@@/SPAN>
                        ?????????????? cough....... ahem......

I am a Best fan myself... but i don't think I would be able to accuse Easterby of this....
                        Have you seen him play? (Easterby).....
                        He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Originally posted by SkibRed
                          I suppose with Best playing last night it suggests that Simone will be starting next week. Obviously he gives us that bit extra in the lineout - no he doesn't; he's only OK there which will be handy against Wilkinsonland but isnt it about time we stopped worrying about the (mediocre) oppostion and went for the throat ourselves?

Neil Best to start. Please. But its not going to happen. [img]smileys/sad.gif[/img]- why not? We lost a slam by playing Older Easterby and other cronies instead of playing the form SH (Stringer)a few years ago. We didn't rate Scotland then; we don't rate England now. But England will beat us if we persist in picking 3rd or 4th rate players.

Skib,

You posted something in the other section yesterday - this is the reason that I didn't immedtately support you......

It's the wrong question....!!!!!!

Your question should have read Best or Quinlan. Both are different players, but both are currently playing at a much higher level than Simon. To get an idea - Simon wouldn't get a start for Ulster, he wouldn't bench for Munster.

Comment

Can I just point out for all the Best is God Easterby is s**te brigade, Best was one of the players he made the mistake on the defence agaisnt Clerc. He's not infalliable. Easterby has a side to his game that none of our back 3 have and that may well be what EOS is looking at. It's not as simple a choice as some here would make out (and that's being said on the basis that I don't know which I'd have).

Comment

Evil Omer i've been very careful not to point fingers about Clerc's try and i don't want to as these things happen but i certainly wouldn't be putting too much blame at Best's door, if you employ a drift defence then Clerc wasn't his man.

Comment

Working...
                              X