Whats going on with POC??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats going on with POC??

Lads i'm guessing this has been addressed already on another forum but i haven't seen anything.

Seriously what's the story with Paulie? He was flat against Leicester (along with making the wrong call on THAT penalty even if it was Rog's idea)

It was more of the same against Wales and then Sunday - here we were all thinking the captain's armband would snap him out of it but it didn't happen. (And lets be honest he should've called for the corner for the last penalty to run the clock down.)

Anyone know whats going on? Has he just lost the hunger or wha?

can't wait to see what answers you get to this one.

Comment

He'll be in Fla's Thursday night, doing a Q&A, do you think i should put that question to him?

Comment

Originally posted by cdunlea

Lads i'm guessing this has been addressed already on another forum but i haven't seen anything.

Seriously what's the story with Paulie? He was flat against Leicester (along with making the wrong call on THAT penalty even if it was Rog's idea)

It was more of the same against Wales and then Sunday - here we were all thinking the captain's armband would snap him out of it but it didn't happen. @@@@SPAN style="font-weight: bold;">(And lets be honest he should've called for the corner for the last penalty to run the clock down.) @@@@SPAN style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">ps. this shows you know f* all about rugby@@@@/SPAN>@@@@/SPAN>

Anyone know whats going on? Has he just lost the hunger or wha?

Comment

Not a bad idea! Seriously i know its harsh but the guys got such immense standards its strange not to see him playing with his usual intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by RobbieG
            He'll be in Fla's Thursday night, doing a Q&A, do you think i should put that question to him?
            Yes. [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img] Ask him about his poorly ear too, I'm worried about it.
            Hope Not Hate

Comment

Why's that robbie? Kick for the corner, flannery's throw was on the mark every time and get a maul going - it had been pretty effective for the previous few minutes. How exactly is that not going to run the clock down?

Comment

I heard he wants to jack the rugby and swim in the Commonwealth games.

He was All-Limerick butterfly champeen in his yoof.

Comment

Originally posted by cdunlea
                  Why's that robbie? Kick for the corner, flannery's throw was on the mark every time and get a maul going - it had been pretty effective for the previous few minutes. How exactly is that not going to run the clock down?
                  You take your points cdl,

especially as a drop goal/pen would have won it for them. There was no guarantee we'd be up there for the next 3 mins. One hack downfield.

Is all hindsight anyway.

Comment

I agree bout the hindsight but i think that if they'd calmed down, asked walsh about the time they could've dragged it out. 4 points against the french (as we saw unfortunately) isn't that much

As for taking your points - just look at the Leicester match in TP

Comment

In hindsight, the kick to the corner thing seems to make great sense. In reality, slotting that penalty meant that all we had to do was keep the French, who hadn;t scored in an hour, away from our try line for two minutes.

Beauxis could kick penalties from Paris, so nudging more than a point ahead was the rightcall.

As to Paulie, I don't know. If we're all putting our hands on our heart, none of us know if he's really dropped in form. A few of us mightchance our arm at a bluffers answer, but in all honesty other than a couple of carries and some line out, how many of us know what Paul does for 80 minutes? And how many of us know how much of that has dropped off?

Some of the more visible elements of his gamehave lessened a bit, but that could just be part of his evolution as a player.

If youdid a DVD on Martin Johnson's career, you wouldn't have a very long clips section of him doing spectacular things.

So, in short, the guy seems to feel that his form has dipped but none of us have the slightest cluewhy that might be.
                      "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

He must carrying some sort of injury which EOS is not saying anything about. I saw him on the telly last week with a massive bandage on I think his right leg well up from his knee. In yesterdays papers he had what looks like a compression bandage in the same area during sundays match. His lifting pads were below the affected area. If he is injured then he should be allowed to rest and recuperate. The Grand Slam or now the Triple Crown is not important.

Comment

I think he's possessed by Owen Finnegan.

Comment

while we shouldn't pry into players private lives, my guess is that all his troubles are women related. makes perfect sense.

Comment

Where's that tea leaf reader Sarah? I'm sure she'd be able to tell what's going on.
                              Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Working...
                              X