• Show
Clear All

A game attendance

How many showed up? 4-5000 at the most?

A matches should be back in Dublin

Comment

Official attendance from the Ulster White Knights website - 1690

Comment

1690 is a shocking turnout for a high profile A game.

Thomond, Musgave, the Showgrounds would have been packed.

I dont see the point of playing them in Dublin.- better to move these
        games around the provinces generate interest there.

Comment

What a load of rubbish, Thomond wasn't packed for the 'A' game last November.
          Kiva - Loans That Change Lives

Comment

No it was not full but I do agree with joeglum that the A games should be moved around the provinces. The A game last November was a chance for me to bring my kids to an international. Even with the extra 30000 in CP that's never going to happen.
            Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Why am I thinking that game in november was mid-week ?[img]smileys/confused.gif[/img]

I know i was travelling at the time, but for some reason I think it was on a wednesday or something.
              Plato: \"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.\"

Comment

Attendence was 3578

Comment

It was a wednesday.
                  <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
                  http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
                  </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

It was but my point is that it was hardly 'packed' sure it was better but still. It hardly justifies joe's assertion that it'd be packed.
                    Kiva - Loans That Change Lives

Comment

I'd imagine an A game in Dublin, Limerick or Cork might get about 8,000 depending on the night. Couldn't imagine many more tbh.

Comment

Donnybrook was packed to capacity when we beat England A in the last minute with a long-range Sparky McHugh penno - it's probably 4 years ago.

It was about 70% full (= maybe 5,000 people) when we played France A there 2 years ago on a miserable wet evening.
                        New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog

It was about 70% full (= maybe 5,000 people) when we played France A there 2 years ago on a miserable wet evening.
                          <DIV>
                          </DIV>
                          <DIV></DIV>
                          <DIV>70%? That's gilding the lilly a little.</DIV>
                          The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

3,528 is the figure I have seen in a number of places eg http://www.scrum.com/39_2596.php

Where did the lower figure come from again? The write up on the Ulster site didnt mention the attendance.

Was a poor turnout, but past A games in other places have been pretty crap as well.

Comment

Re the Aus A game last Nov., it was a miserable night, had been pissing rain all day, though mainly stopped just before KO, There was f**k all advertising about it and details re tickets etc, were only available 2 weeks prior to it.

IRFU website doesn't even have it listed in its fixtures/results page.

That said i remember A vs SA 2001?, was a grand dry night and still plenty of room on terraces. (a young player by the name of Staunton played well that night, anybody know what happened to him?)

Comment

Working...
                              X