Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Croke Park as a venue?

So how did people find it as a venue?

As usual not enough toilets or bars with massive queue's for both. Not much else available either by way of food, only hotdogs and popcorn from what I could see,

The lower deck appears to get very conjested with most of the "uppers" hanging around down there with their buddies who are in the lower until the game nearly starts.

The millenium stadium has better bar and toilet facilities and you can bring your pints out onto the seating area so there is less crowding inside.

Winge, winge, winge!!![img]smileys/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

If you don't like it, go to Russia![img]smileys/mad.gif[/img][img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img] As for there being "massive " queues for anything, I've been there when its full loads of times and there is never any hassle getting to the bog. Yeah it takes ages to get a burger but thats not very high on my list of stadium requirements.
      Grandpa Simpson: The last time the meteors came, we thought the sky was on fire. Naturally, we blamed the Irish. We hanged more \'n a few.

Comment

Not winging at all, I am just asking for peoples opinions on the place. I heard the top deck is much quieter and is a better option if you have a choice ofseats.

Comment

I thought it was excellent. Top drawer. I didnt even have to queue when I went to powder my nose at half time.

How can anyone eat during a match?!

Ps - What is the rule regarding pints on the terrace? Are you allowed bring them on? Some people had some but I saw some lads being told to get down below deck with their alcohol.

Comment

Just be glad you got a ticket. As for the lack of variety in the food choices, could you not find the prawn sandwich stand?[img]smileys/razz.gif[/img]
            Grandpa Simpson: The last time the meteors came, we thought the sky was on fire. Naturally, we blamed the Irish. We hanged more \'n a few.

Comment

Not on par with TP.. (will i get punched for saying that..)

Comment

Hill 16 looked like it had far superior viewing than the terraces in Lansdowne Road.

Comment

Originally posted by RobbieG
                  Way better than most games in TP. Way way better. I can count on one hand the number of great atmosphere's I've been at in TP.
                  Kiva - Loans That Change Lives

Comment

Croke |Park is fabulous and a tribute to the vision and work of the GAA. However, I prefer Millenium Stadium as a facility for viewing rugby to be honest. I found the seats quite cramped even though the sightlines were great. Agree with other posters that the concessions/food etc was a joke and way below standard for afacility of such excellence.

Comment

Do you go to watch a match or eat feckin happy meals???

Comment

Originally posted by SkibRed
                        Do you go to watch a match or eat feckin happy meals???

[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]Well said !
                        "Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too ?" - Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by daveirl
                          Way better than most games in TP. Way way better. I can count on one hand the number of great atmosphere's I've been at in TP.
                          You obviously have been to very few Big Games at TP to say that. I have been to every HCUP match at TP since 1999 and I would say that 80% of them made my hair stand on end at the game on the field and the fantastic attitude of the supporters. Croke Park yesterday did not even get my heart pumping. I am not blaming the Stadium which is a fabulous facility for another occassion - All Irelands.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragusa
                            Originally posted by daveirl
                            You obviously have been to very few Big Games at TP to say that. I have been to every HCUP match at TP since 1999 and I would say that 80% of them made my hair stand on end at the game on the field and the fantastic attitude of the supporters. Croke Park yesterday did not even get my heart pumping. I am not blaming the Stadium which is a fabulous facility for another occassion - All Irelands.
                            Do you watch the rte news or wait for the end of it with the words rolling up the screen? I thought so.

Comment

Originally posted by wildRover

Not winging at all, I am just asking for peoples opinions on the place. I heard the top deck is much quieter and is a better option if you have a choice ofseats.

Can confirm that (a) the toilets - Gents lower and upper levels - (I didn't try the ladies because the bouncers were huge simian blokes) were excellent and uncrowded.

(b) the beer queue on the upper level was much shorterand moved very quickly.

(c) entrance and egress were painless and there was no crush or discomfort.

(d) would agree that the seats were small and quite cramped and I barely had enough leg room (I'm 5' 9" tall)

(e) the view of the pitch was excellent and the PA system was very good indeed.

New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Working...
                              X