Atmosphere Yesterday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atmosphere Yesterday

I was in Hill 16 and it was brilliant, my ears were ringing after our try.. It was a fantastic atmosphere.

I just read Tom Humphries say it was rubbish?!!! What on earth?

It sounded fantastic on the TV too. BBC coverage was great, really excellent. RTE was the usual Hook trying to be a smart arse. Not great.

Ps - I've got the game burned onto DVD if anyone needs a copy (SAE and blank disk required).

Thought it was abit muted before the game. Was in the Cusack upper (above where ROG ran in his try).. The Hill was full 10 mins after the gates opened i believe.

Comment

Originally posted by RobbieG
      Thought it was abit muted before the game. Was in the Cusack upper (above where ROG ran in his try).. The Hill was full 10 mins after the gates opened i believe.

My advice to anyone going to England is cash in your stand ticket and go to the hill. You have a fantastic view and it is just brilliant. I wouldnt ever want to be anywhere else.

Comment

Hill 16 did their job in supporting the team in their day of trials and errors but the rest in the stands just did not give a damn or know any better. We will struggle in CP because the opposing team supporters will get more tickets than usual. Now do you see why the Scarlets want to control the tickets at Stradey for the Q/F.

Comment

Originally posted by RobbieG
          Yes, and it kept getting fuller right up until kick-off. Some Leinsterfan wedged himself onto the same part of the step as me, every time we wanted to clap the action we had to use one hand each.

It seemed to take a long time for the stands to fill up, and on the whole I'd say the atmosphere wasn't as good as, for example, the Munster HEC semi-finals in Lansdowne. However I haven't been to a 6N match in Lansdowne Road in living memory so I don't know how it compares to that.

Comment

Thought the atmosphere built as Ireland got more into the game, in the 2nd part of the first half, and then it was a good atmosphere in the 2nd. Granted, there was a huge number of clueless w***ers at the game who hadn't a clue of the Irishplayers, never mind the French, and couldn't be bothered to shout or make any noise, even clapping. Absolutly pathetic.

But still, as Ireland got stuck into it, the atmosphere build very impressively.

Humphries just hates Rugby, hates anyone who plays / attends / likes the game. He was obviously bullied in De La Salle Churchtown (think that washis old school)by the Rugby guys and has vowed to forever hate the game and everything to do with it, so I'd ignore his opinion. He's like a broken record with his hatred of the game. Watch him change his tune for the soccer games, which he , of course, adores!

Comment

I cant believe people think it was a poor atmosphere. I'm genuinely shocked!

Comment

O'Gara scored just down in front of me and the whole lower tier went ballistic in that corner. Not sure where the problem with the atmosphere is coming from.

Comment

Atmosphere on TV was electric ... when Ireland finally got into the game.
                  <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
                  http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
                  </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

Originally posted by Hakaman
                    Humphries just hates Rugby, hates anyone who plays / attends / likes the game. He was obviously bullied in De La Salle Churchtown (think that washis old school)by the Rugby guys and has vowed to forever hate the game and everything to do with it, so I'd ignore his opinion. He's like a broken record with his hatred of the game. Watch him change his tune for the soccer games, which he , of course, adores!
                    Yeah, ignore anything Humphries writes about rugby. In fact I ignore anything he writes about anything, but a lot of people like his writing style for some reason.

I think it's odd that the Irish Times would have as their main sports columnist someone who seems to hate so many sports. He's very down on golf as well, for example. In fact, outside of Soccer and GAA I'm not sure if he's all that interested in sport at all.

Comment

I landed on some lads foot 3 times after leaping around like a mad eejit after ROG scored, thankfully he didnt mind!, I'm croaking and my throat is killing me today from going mad.

I cant wait for England, I really think that will be amazing and 10 times more of an occassion if thats possible!

Comment

Originally posted by SkibRed
                        I cant wait for England, I really think that will be amazing and 10 times more of an occassion if thats possible!
                        I agree - the crowd will be more used to Croke Park and less put off by the unfamiliarity of it. Hopefully the crowds in the stands will show up earlier also.

Comment

The fact that we will beat them will greatly help too!

I hope...[img]smileys/shock.gif[/img][img]smileys/shock.gif[/img]

Comment

Could you Hill 16 supporterssee the big screen? (with it's virtually non-stop advcertisements for Guinness [img]smileys/c&#111;nfused.gif[/img])

Was the electric scoreboard at the opposite end to the Hill working? (I was sitting right behind it, so couldn't see what, if anything was on it?)
                            New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

<!-
                              var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
                              var SymReal;

Sym()
                              {
                              window.open = SymWinOpen;
                              if(SymReal != null)
                              SymReal();
                              }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
                              {
                              if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
                              SymReal&#079;nLoad();
                              window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
                              SymReal = window.;
                              window. = Sym;
                              }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
                              window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->

Oh the depression. Rarely have I gone from such a high to such a low in a few minutes and still stuck there now.

All in all a great aprt from 40 seconds or so around 4.30.

I've been in Croker many times over the years but the atmosphere yesterday was as good as any of them. The noise when the team ran onto the pitch was up there with Cardiff. The complete respect for the entire anthem was something I'd never heard in Croker before. The great touches like bringing the Artane Boys band on at half time made it all even more special. And the announcemnets on behalf of Cumman Peil Rugbai na hEireannnever heard that phrase used before. I've never seen as many looking for ticket outside the ground, possibly a knock on from one-off popularity of a trip to Croker as emphasised by the pr***s on Today FM this morning.

Pretty rare that I've ever got a seat for a rugby match but the view from the upper canal was great. Compared to the usual hopping around the south terrace with no clue what's happening when there's a ruck at the opposite end, the combination of a great view and the big screen made a great combination.

Pitch held up great, only glitch I saw was that there was no TV feed for the first few minutes while they seemed to be tuning it in and the announcement after half time "Will all stewards return to their positions please"

The French were great mades loads of noise and sang as one even with the mixture of Basque/Catalan/Breton flags. Lets hope for something similar in 2 weeks time.

All the bull about the pubs was just that spen the night in the usual spots (Big Tree/Quinns/Fagans) near Croker and they were all pretty packed, not too different to a post All-Ireland really and the atmosphere held up pretty well despite the defeat.

Comment

Working...
                              X