Comical eddie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comical eddie

20 seconds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! god im depressed i hate you eddie even despite your bumbling choices we still should have won

thats twice at least ireland have started as favourites and eddie has cocked it up

trimble should have been in centre with darcy horgan is a wing, horganaint got the hands or step for centre obvious even to hook who knows nowt

any caoch that had a slight clue would know that ,trimble, best, and flannery

should be starters, no way easterby is a good as best maybe on the backfoot , trimbleis a real centre why play horgan therecrazy stuff

murphy cost us a try saved us a try and was throwing those mad passes again like he did last year and cost us a try the man is unpredictable in the extreme

I wish eddie would go

Boss played very well but will eddie stick with him he would never have choosen to play boss unless through injury the story of his career

dempsey played solid stuff but we need a developed kearney at fullback

This is a fair topic and deserves address.

1 We suffered from the refereeing. From the Murphy try that should have been to the Marcus Horan non penalty.

2 We suffered dreadfully from a failure to take the penalty (in a tight game) before end advantage called.

3 Ihate to say it but we missed BOD for his defensive work.

4 Referees must become accountable (I dont dispute that we beniffed last week and suffered this week) : the game is professional and the players deserve professional referreing : We didnt get it today

Before anyone says the referee doesnt matter: He doesnt UNTIL the teams are so closely matched that he matters.Thats what happened today.

We played well we came very close and I have no criticism of the team in fact in some respects I think it gives us a better chance of winning in Stradey which (lets face it) it much more important than anything that happens with a green shirt on even in Croke Park.

Best Wishes

Eamo

I believe that all government is evil, and that trying to improve it is largely a waste of time.
    HL Mencken

Comment

The pure insanity of EOS was demonstrated when he brought on Trimble & had him on the wing. Thus we'd a centre playing on the wing and a wing playing inside centre. That took the biscuit. If he was the Eng, Fre, SA, Aus...... coach he'd be slaughtered for that but I bet you it wont even be mentioned in the press here.

Re players... some were poor alright but tbf they were always going to be under pressure playing to Eddie's gameplan. I wouldn't fault any of them for effort.

It's too late for him to be sacked B4 the world cup but he must go after the WC. I just hope the IRFU dont do something stupid & offer him a contract extension prior to WC. We'll be trashed in the stade de france & I cant see us beating Arg either. What a waste of players!

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again (like picking Gordon D'Arcy) and expecting different results.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

I dont agree with any of you guys, Granted Horgan is best on the Wing but he played in centre against SA and did very well.

The reality here is if we won we would not be having this debate, its not Eddie fault the players missed the tackles and did'nt catch the ball from the re starts. The only thing i would have liked Eddie to have done is use the bench earlier.

This still hurts but the players need to take some of the blame here.

Comment

I dont remember him playing centre versus South Africa RL77. Are you talking about last A.I's?
          Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again (like picking Gordon D'Arcy) and expecting different results.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Mcork
            The pure insanity of EOS was demonstrated when he brought on Trimble & had him on the wing. Thus we'd a centre playing on the wing and a wing playing inside centre. That took the biscuit. If he was the Eng, Fre, SA, Aus...... coach he'd be slaughtered for that but I bet you it wont even be mentioned in the press here.

This type of nonsense is hard to stomach after the performance of our lads. They gave a 100%. Funny that there should be so much talk on a Munster site about Horgan not being a centre given that he was the difference in the Celtic League final of 2001 with his constant line breaks from the centre position in that game. He plays a leading role for Leinster even when BOD and GD are present and putting him in midfield I expect that EOS wanted some expereince there. I don't know as I'm not involved with the set up but I expect that may be the reasoning. But all of the rugby experts know better and they're not involved in the day to day training with the team. Ireland could have played better but they gave 100%. It didn't happen on the day for some of them, but that's sport and rugby. Well played to France.

Comment

Bottom line is when required Horgan has played in the centres before and he has done well there for both Ireland and Lenister. I know he is better on the wing and maybe Trimble could have done better. But maybe if Horan was'nt held back or maybe if Walsh played advantage and Murphy scored, maybe maybe maybe.

Saying Eddie is comical is in my opinion an emotionally charged comment, we were unfortunate not to win and the players need to shoulder some the blame.

Comment

A Celtic League finalin 2001 is hardly a good indicator of a guys ability to play at INTL level!!!!!!!!! Comicals decision to play him was probably his worst selection error yesterday but not his only one. Horgan gave100% but is a wing & was exposed badly as I & others predicted he would be. That is called a selection error.

BTW, I posted pre this match regarding comicals selections and was proven 100% correct on what I predicted. I would much rather have been proven wrong & be eating humble pie this morning but I certainly dont accept we dont have a right to criticise the coach. Stand up for him if you like but I think he's a very poor coach & deserves far more criticism than he gets.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Horgan is brilliant at freeing his hands when he's being tackled and offloading, he just needed some people running good lines off him and we would have broken their line a lot more than we did. I don't think he had a bad game.

And I don't think I've seen anyone give good reasons why he was poor, it's just all been "He's a crap centre and good winger". Need to do better than that.

Comment

I just want to note that i do beleive the players gave it there all and you could see it on there faces especially after that long drive that resulted in that final penalty for Ireland. I just think that both French trys resulted in a lack of concentration and missed tackle and the coach cannotbe blame for this.

Comment

Originally posted by danthefan
                      And I don't think I've seen anyone give good reasons why he was poor, it's just all been "He's a crap centre and good winger". Need to do better than that.

BTW this is not intended as a criticism of a fine player (a World class wing) who gives 100% when he pulls on the green jersey.

His hands are too slow for a centre. The french defence were able to suffocate our midfield esp in 1st half because his distribution is slow & not very accurate. His strenghts are his tackling (if only he was the one tackling Ibanez for 1st try) & his physical power but he cant do nearly as much damage in the centre where they can double tackle him preventing him offloading. We had a very good centre on the bench (Trimble) which made the selection all the more baffling.
                      Albert Einstein

Comment

Laurent Benezech the ex French International said after the France/Ireland game in Paris last year that Ireland have have great players with great promise but they will never have any success as long as Eddie O'Sullivan is their coach ... I agree totaly with him

Comment

<DIV>Simple fact is Steady Eddie/The Knife/Carney/Cooder/el presidente made a cock up in the selection. He then compounded that error with his use/misuse of the bench.</DIV>
                          <DIV></DIV>
                          <DIV>Shane Horgan is not an international class winger. He was a mile off the pace yesterday. No incision in his play. To be perfectly honest he was a nonny mouse yesterday (before any one, I'm looking at you Leinster and your bestest buddies in the whole entire world up north, Leamy/POC were quite and not at their best). D'Arcy had to do the work of two men in midfield yesterday. It was no coincidence that Horgan did not really get involved the best go forward moves of the game, save for ROG's when he passed to Wally.</DIV>
                          <DIV></DIV>
                          <DIV>For someone to bring up the a game from 6 years ago as a justification for playing Horgan in the centre is almost as ludicrous as playing a flanker in the centre (or attempting to convert a flanker to a centre[img]smileys/razz.gif[/img]).</DIV>
                          <DIV></DIV>
                          <DIV>Question: Why can't we beat France? </DIV>
                          The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

I think Horgan is an international class wing but only a resonable centre. Trimble would have been a better choice imho. Horgan was missed on the wing. Rog could not find touch, we were slow to the re starts. We do not seem confident in the talent at our disposal. Without BOD we lack inspiration and are easily contained. Darcy worked like a trojan but didnt offer enough. Murphy, dont know what to say, mixed bag but might offer more than Dempsey at full back.Flannery amuch better option than Best, the other Bestshould have started. Alas history now. Will Eddie learn, I doubt it.

Comment

The Easterby for N. Best selection was a huge error as well. We badly missed Bests runs &amp; offensive tackling. Easterby was called in for his defensive work on the ground but that's exactly the problem, we should be forcing the other team to defend with the players we have. Instead we lacked penetration &amp; only really started to motor near the end when Best, Flannery &amp; co were on the pitch. As was also pointed out Horgan was badly missed on the wing where he would have stopped Ibanez in his tracks for the 1st try.

I dont think that RBest played badly but Fla gives us more although tbf here it was probably a good call to start RB &amp; bring Fla on later.
                              Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X