Ireland A v England A

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ireland A v England A

Half-time now, and we are lucky to be only 8-5 down. Very disapointing crowd at it by the looks of it, especially when they don't receive TV from the 'Free State', I assume. Rob Kearney got in for a nice try, but English pack much stronger.
    Unrepentant Langer

There's some pi€€ poor commentator on rté with Tony Ward, he makes Europsort commentators sound interesting[img]smileys/sad.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Paulie Walnuts

Very disapointing crowd at it by the looks of it, especially when they don't receive TV from the 'Free State'.

It's live on BBC NI too.

Why not come into the chatroom, we're discussing it there.
      New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

is it online... i can't seem to find it on the rte website...... (i am out of the country)..

i might have answered my own question though.!![img]smileys/shock.gif[/img]
        He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

My God, what a terrible performance. I hope this is not an omen of things to come

Comment

This is the future I'm afraid boys. Too many foreigners in our Heineken Cup Teams. Most of the players are nowhere near this level. Take Bracks for example - he just can't scrummage. Backs - was there one of them over 12 stone?

We have an exceptional Senior Team but when they are gone....sweet jesus.

Same goes for Munster[img]smileys/sad.gif[/img]

Comment

Its hardly the future.

The small bit of consolation is as follows -

As rubbish a player as Baby Humphries is, Geraghty is actually worse.

Comment

What a pile of cr*p. It's a long time since I've seen such a poor game.
                Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Well, one way to look at it is they only had a day to prepare. Another is that we are very thin on the ground in some areas. I cannot understand why they didn't start Shane Jennings , considering the form he has been in, and the backrow tonight was abysmal. Worst of all was our defence, they just walked in for a few of those tries, we cannot blame tiredness for that. Stilol, we can't read too mmuch into it. You would always expect that England's strenght in depth would be far siperior to ours considering their palying rescources, but there waqs little to be optimistic about on that performance.
                  Unrepentant Langer

Comment

Terrible terrible performance, not one single player did himself any favours out there tonight.

Is that the future? oh dear!!!

Having said that i did read somewhere our U20s beat France U21s 19-16, which if true is quite a remarkable result.

Comment

Originally posted by SkibRed
                      Its hardly the future.

I always thought you hadn't got a clue but I believe you have just confirmed what had suspected....

Comment

Originally posted by 2nd58

Its hardly the future.

I always thought you hadn't got a clue but I believe you have just confirmed what had suspected....

Dowling for Ireland?

Heaslip is s**te?

That sort of thing?

Comment

Its hardly the future.

Dowling for Ireland?

"Its hardly the future" - its hardly the Golden Oldies. Of course its the future and that's what's so worrying.

"Geraghty is worse than Humphreys" - Geraghty is a fine prospect who we tried our damnest to get. Humps is gone, ROG is pushing on, Felipe is an Argie - Ian Humps looks decent enough but not physical enough. A worry.

"Dowling for Ireland" - Dowling is not good enough to play for Ireland. Honest player but not good enough.

Comment

Tommy bowe's missed tackle for the 3rd (i think)english try was nothing short of a disgrace. It was like he playing a game of tip! That certainly had nothing to do with one day to prepare.

Comment

Its hardly the future.

Dowling for Ireland?

"Its hardly the future" - its hardly the Golden Oldies. Of course its the future and that's what's so worrying.

"Geraghty is worse than Humphreys" - Geraghty is a fine prospect who we tried our damnest to get. Humps is gone, ROG is pushing on, Felipe is an Argie - Ian Humps looks decent enough but not physical enough. A worry.

"Dowling for Ireland" - Dowling is not good enough to play for Ireland. Honest player but not good enough.
                              It is not the future. Dont be ridiculous. Peter Bracken? O'Kelly? Leo Cullen? McCormack? Gleeson? Get off the stage. They were making up the numbers. Hurley, Toner, Earls, Fitzpatrick are the future.

You just confirmed to me that you have never actually read any of my posts if you went to the trouble of typing the ripostes about Dowling etc,

Now carry on in po faced anguish elsewhere please.

Comment

Working...
                              X