No announcement yet.

Emergency Last Call for Croatia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well doneto all involved, incriminating photos and reports will follow soon, and now llcoolj is wanted not only by local police, but by local mafia after standing them witha €30 drinks bill!

Comment

Well done folks. Looking forward to seeing the photos.
      Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Dan Lugar the former English International parents were Croatian and the last i heard about Dan Lugar was that he is now a Rugby coach in Croatia ....anybody know anymore on the subject

Comment

Originally posted by Cool - Cat
          Dan Lugar the former English International parents were Croatian and the last i heard about Dan Lugar was that he is now a Rugby coach in Croatia ....anybody know anymore on the subject

Having just been out there(playing the above game) I think some1 said he is coaching their 7's team....who have a good record at that level(almost beat NZ a few years back)...
          Seas suas agus troid!

Comment

Originally posted by hiberno

Well doneto all involved, incriminating photos and reports will follow soon, and now llcoolj is wanted not only by local police, but by local mafia after standing them witha €30 drinks bill!

This is where my diplomatic immunity kicks in......(I HOPE[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]!)
            Seas suas agus troid!

Comment

Originally posted by McCloud
              Well done folks. Looking forward to seeing the photos.

So am I, will post a few once we get them...there was also a short snip of the match on Croatian national TV that evening.

Comment

We have been on TV 3 times, first Saturday night prime time news (god help us), then Sunday morning's news and on the local news round up Monday (though it was of footage taken earlier in the week). Also we were on Split local tv yesterday, a 25min round up of the game and festivities, we're blessed that the cameras stopped rolling before 8pm!

Comment

hiberno -- is Dan Lugar still living and coaching in Croatia ???

Comment

well done lads that sounds like brilliant fun, get the photos up soon , the ones after 8pm...[img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]
                    Frank the Tank is not coming back. OK? That part of me is over, water under the bridge.

Comment

Hey Cool cat, he was playing in Toulon this season and has a place on the Island of Brac. His Dad is from there and while he's made it a kind of summer home (he was trying to sell property to rugby contacts) he never learned the lingo and never had his business take off yet, but the main problem is he's still a player and has at least another 2-3 years ahead of him.

I have an excellent photo of Skyhawk leaping majestically into the warm mountain air, I'll get that up asap.

Comment

Sounds excellent-planning a visit to Croatia in the summer for two/three weeks-If anyone has any suggestions on where to fly in to and see I`d appreciate it

Comment

Stayed there years ago (just prior to the war) and planning a long overdue return visit. Absolutely stunning country, great people/food/scenery.

I stayed in a place called Podgoca, it was maybe 50km from Split Airport, used it as a base. Nice area, but one downside with the Marsaka Coast -the beaches were pebble. Went out to some of the islands...like another world, fantastic and sandy beaches, some you get to yourself!. Can't really give up-to-datetravel tips as it's such a long time since I've been there but sure the lads just back will fill you in.

Looking fwd. to seeing the pics from Knin too.

Comment

Originally posted by hiberno

Hey Cool cat, he was playing in Toulon this season and has a place on the Island of Brac. His Dad is from there and while he's made it a kind of summer home (he was trying to sell property to rugby contacts) he never learned the lingo and never had his business take off yet, but the main problem is he's still a player and has at least another 2-3 years ahead of him.

I have an excellent photo of Skyhawk leaping majestically into the warm mountain air, I'll get that up asap.

To the best of my knowledge there is a former Munster player playing with Toulon now Rob Henderson is his name

Comment

http://www.sibenski-list.hr/index.php?link=rubrike&ID=19

Just out today, Sibenski List, unfortunately it's pay as you go for the paper online, but I'll send on hardcopy as promised to the Barbarians who were over! Great article on our Mayoress, there's not a single mention of rugby, or Knin, or her work, only shoes, clothes and hair. And the clanger when asked how much she's paid for a single pair of shoes "1,500kns" €200, which is 500kns more than pensioners get in a month! Just 500kns less than the normal wage for an office worker here, and the same as a family gets for a month to live on from social welfare. Already there are complaints!

Comment

ps Skyhawk, that's you jumping!

I'll post another now.

Comment

Working...
                                X