Clear All

Stringer & O’Driscoll are both out!!!

As I have Said!!!

Out on the field training is it?

Comment

WTF!!!!!!!!![img]smileys/confused.gif[/img]
      I distrust Camels and anybody else that go for 7 days without a drink

Comment

That might have been funny when internet forums were first invented. Unfortunately you're about 12 years too late.

You can be in socks gang. He's a scream too. Lets start a poll to see who is 'funnier'. Anyone?

Comment

Just read it on the BBC sports news ticker, no further details yet...

Sunday will be a big big day for the Bossman, i'm hoping and expecting him to step up to the plate.

I presume no news is good news regarding Leamy???

Comment

@@@@SPAN ="post">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/6338079.stm

Ireland captain Brian O'Driscoll and scrum-half Peter Stringer have
            been ruled out of Ireland's RBS Six Nations match against France at
            Croke Park.

Ulster's Isaac Boss will replace Stringer while Shane Horgan will
            switch from the right wing to O'Driscoll's position at centre.

Geordan Murphy, initially named as a replacement, takes the number 14 shirt.

Stringer was ruled out because of a fractured hand bone while O'Driscoll has a hamstring injury.

For New Zealand-born Boss it wil be a first start in the championship.

His promotion to the starting 15 has handed Wasps scrum-half Eoin Reddan a place among the substitutes.

The Irish pack is unchanged from the 19-9 win over Wales.

Horgan made a surprise return to the team earlier in the week after a quicker-than-expected recovery from a knee injury.

It was thought winger Horgan would miss Ireland's first two Six Nations
            games after picking up the injury playing for Leinster in the Heineken
            Cup.

Horgan's return meant Ulster's Andrew Trimble was left out of the side.

O'Sullivan said he was confident Horgan had proved his fitness.

"He has trained well all week and has taken hits on the knee that was injured," said the Ireland coach.

@@@@SPAN style="font-weight: bold;">NEW TEAM@@@@/SPAN>

Ireland: Dempsey, Murphy, Horgan, D'Arcy, Hickie, O'Gara, Boss; Horan,
            R Best, Hayes, O'Callaghan, O'Connell, S Easterby, D Wallace, Leamy.

Replacements: Flannery, S Best, N Best, M O'Driscoll, Reddan, P Wallace, Trimble.@@@@/SPAN>
            Commemorate Nevin Spence here -
            http://www.mycharity.ie/event/munste..._nevin_spence/

Comment

Thats bad news about Driscoll, i definitely think Trimble should be moved into 13 now, he has the pace and the strenght. It's a pity about Stringer but i am interested in seeing more of Boss on an international level so heres his big chance

Comment

Curses part 2.

Maybe you're not so funny after all.

Comment

Trimble is moved up to the bench, Murphy on the wing and Horgan as centre. Hope Horgan is fully fit!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SkibRed
                    Curses part 2.

Maybe you're not so funny after all.
                    what do i win?

Comment

Originally posted by London Munster
                      Trimble is moved up to the bench, Murphy on the wing and Horgan as centre. Hope Horgan is fully fit!!!
                      Im quite surprised by that, Horgan is just back from injury, surely Trimble would be the better option

Comment

Disastrous news about O Driscoll, Boss versus Stringer is very close anyway so not as big a loss it would appear. The O Driscoll situation has been handled very poorly. To be honest I thought the injury was being over-blown intentionally to give the French a kick in the balls just before the game when on the Saturday we'd announce our captain was grand and raring to go. If he really was this doubtful they should never have got the nation's hopes up by saying he'd a good chance of making it. I'm still confident that Horgan will do well however, though I agree the ballsier decision would have been to throw Trimble in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry-Exile
                          Thats bad news about Driscoll, i definitely think Trimble should be moved into 13 now, he has the pace and the strenght. It's a pity about Stringer but i am interested in seeing more of Boss on an international level so heres his big chance

I would agree with you Kerry-Exile except that while Trimble is a good defender, Horgan might just add an extra bit of solidty there i suppose.

It was interesting watching the Rugby Club last night, Dewi Morris was saying Ireland had missed a trick not picking Best, but Barnes made the point that Easterby is a defensive selection, if you want to attack you pick Best who is an excellent carrier, it seems to me the same might apply to the selection of Horgan in the centre over Trimble, AT will give you more in attack but Shaggy will give you a bit more in defence and since Jauzion and Marty are good attacking centres EOS has gone down that route. Some might call it a negative selection, others might call it prudent...we'll see...

Comment

OOOOps:

Not good news, but this can prove we are not a one trick pony with BOD. I think Boss could make a huge difference. Hopefully he will be able to tie in the French back row, and give us more space outside.
                            Wally_fan 25/04/09
                            \"bump bump bump, trying to keep the thread up there. holy mary im drunk. and in love with trish. although you all dont care about that. doesnt matter, i still love her\"

Comment

I thought they were waiting till tomorrow for final fitness tests. How have the BBC got the inside story?

Can we be sure of this information

Comment

Working...
                              X