Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ireland A v Argentina A

Fri 27th Nov 09 19:30 Tallaght Stadium

Anyone going and willing to send text updates?
    Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Would be a chance to use the famous "park 'n' ride" facility in Tallaght [img]smileys/shock.gif[/img]

Comment

Usual question for A games... "is it on TV?"

Comment

Doubt that many of the "Horseshow Bor" crowd will be making the excursion out to Tallaght, hard enough to get them to cross the liffey to Croker... Bit daft not playing this in their RDS backyard.

Comment

Originally posted by Ovalball
          Doubt that many of the "Horseshow Bor" crowd will be making the excursion out to Tallaght, hard enough to get them to cross the liffey to Croker... Bit daft not playing this in their RDS backyard.

On the contrary I think its a great idea. Tallaghthas a huge population and a massive rugby club. This game is targetting new fans and hopefully new players in the future.

Comment

This is it - leinster have done a great job making the game more family friendly in the area and I'd say the irfu want to spread it around as much as possible - they'll always have a solid base in south dublin and limerick so why not branch out a bit!
            The system is dead! Long live the process!

Comment

could be very beneficial for Leinster rugby to get a whole bunch of hard as F*ck new blood into rugby. Was'nt the working class players what limerick and munster rugby was built on?

btw no insult intended it's genuinely impressive the work that has been done with Tallaght RFC and I'm very glad they have been rewarded with an International game.
              The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
              - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

I hope its a decent crowd and a good game, I'll be there irrespective of venue.

Comment

Anyone any notion of the team
                  Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

Originally posted by Ovalball

On the contrary after the Fiji match, I hadloads ofenquiries about getting tickets from people in the Ho Show who know I'm involved in the club.

They played an A game in the RDS last season against Scotland and there was feck all there. Personally I think the IRFU should be applauded for thinking outside the box on this one. An 'A' game in D4 is just another game, an 'A' game in Tallaght is an event. Hopefully the locals will come out to support it, they've put 150 free tickets into the schools so that's a good start.

And since it's not on TV (for shame RTE) hopefully people will make the trip out. It's only a tenner in (fiver for kids) and it's only a five minute walk from the Luas stop.

Comment

<DIV =article>The selected Ireland 'A' panel shows several changes to the squad that was on duty for the 48-19 win over Tongaat Ravenhill two weeks ago.

<S&#079;NG>Isaac Boss, Ian Humphreys, Ian Keatley, Andy Kyriacou, Brett Wilkinson, Mike Ross, Bryan Young</S&#079;NG> and <S&#079;NG>Johne Murphy</S&#079;NG> are retained from that game, as well as <S&#079;NG>Chris Henry, Fergus McFadden</S&#079;NG> and <S&#079;NG>Donnacha Ryan.</S&#079;NG>

Henry, McFadden and Ryan will be joining up with the 'A' squad after being involved in the seniorset-up at the start of this week.

There is one place remaining that will be confirmed when thestarting line-upand replacements are named by Ireland 'A' coach <S&#079;NG>Michael Bradley</S&#079;NG> and team manager <S&#079;NG>Joey Miles</S&#079;NG> on Wednesday at 1pm.

<S&#079;NG>IRELAND 'A' Squad (v Argentina Jaguares, 'A' International Match, Tallaght Stadium, Friday, November 27, kick-off 7.30pm):
                      </S&#079;NG>
                      Isaac Boss (Ballymena/Ulster)
                      Ryan Caldwell (Dungannon/Ulster)
                      Ian Dowling (Shannon/Munster)
                      John Fogarty (De La Salle Palmerston/Leinster)
                      Chris Henry (Ballymena/Ulster)
                      Ian Humphreys (Ballymena/Ulster)
                      Denis Hurley (Cork Constitution/Munster)
                      Felix Jones (Shannon/Munster)
                      Ian Keatley (Galwegians/Connacht)
                      Andy Kyriacou (Malone/Ulster)
                      Keith Matthews (Buccaneers/Connacht)
                      Fergus McFadden (Old Belvedere/Leinster)
                      John Muldoon (Galwegians/Connacht)
                      Frank Murphy (Buccaneers/Connacht)
                      Johne Murphy (Leicester Tigers)
                      Mick O'Driscoll (Cork Constitution/Munster)
                      Niall Ronan (Shannon/Munster)
                      Mike Ross (Clontarf/Leinster)
                      Donnacha Ryan (Shannon/Munster)
                      Brett Wilkinson (Galwegians/Connacht)
                      Bryan Young (Ballymena/Ulster)
                      AN Other</DIV>
                      \"God gave me the talent but the forwards gave me the ball\" - Jannie De Beer

\"I hesitate to use words like spiritual or religious, but to see what rugby means to Munster people is very moving\" Shaun Payne

I look back on 2008 at the Millennium Stadium as the highlight of my career because, although being capped by New Zealand and playing for the All Blacks was fantastic, this was special. - Doug Howlett

Comment

Given Henry and Ryan are cannon fodder for the seniors for the first half of the week:

15-Jones, 14-Murphy, 13-McFadden, 12-Matthews, 11-Dowling, 10-Keatley, 9-Boss, 8-Henry, 7-Ronan, 6-Muldoon, 5-Caldwell, 4-O'Driscoll, 3-Ross, 2-Fogarty, 1-Wilkinson

Comment

Not sure about that. Is Ryan there for second row or Flanker? Seems
                          to me O'Brien and McLaughlin are covering for Leamy on the seniors
                          and one of them, likely Mclaughlin, will play six. O'Driscoll will captain.
                          Where's Best? Gone back to Northampton? Still not convinced Leamy
                          won't be pulled before the end of the week.

Comment

No Bob Casey, No Neil Best ?

Comment

Cant see Leamy making the 1st squad. It would be a great
                              recovery but would be risky too have a sub not a 100% fit.
                              Too big a risk of him coming on and having too be replaced
                              again.

O'Brien should sub better impact player than McLoughlin

Cant understand why Fionn Carr isnt in the squad. Great
                              talent could really benefit from being in that environment
                              for long term.

I wouldnt have Mick ODriscoll there. He won't be getting on
                              the 1st 15 ahead of Casey or Cullen. If thats the case then
                              we should give a chance to Ryan for the 2nds

When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

Comment

Working...
                              X