Field Marshall Laporte’s charm offensive

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Field Marshall Laporte’s charm offensive

Isn't Bernard Laporte quite the charmer? Here is what Bernie had to say about playing in Croke Park:

"The game will be played in a stadium where the Irish rugby team wasn't allowed to play because of internal problems, their problems, not ours."

Well two fingers to you, Mr Snotty Laporte. [img]smileys/mad.gif[/img]

Heeither has a personality disorder or really does think he's going to win the world cup this year, either way he qualifies hands down as the biggest pain in the ass rugby coach since Clive went to Southampton. I'll look forward to seeing Ireland to give him plenty "problems" come Sunday, all for himself. It'll be just as much fun as it was in the past when that smile got wiped off Clive's face.

Compare with captain Rapahel Ibanez who always has had respect for Irish rugby and the Irish public:

"We heard a lot of things about this stadium, we understand it was the cradle of Irish sport, the heart of Ireland in a way. An historic challenge is awaiting us at Croke Park. It will be a fantastic experience and that's why we are going there with our heads held high." (Quotes from BBC website)

shows the difference between a french aristocrat and a genuine sportsman.
    If you even dream of beating me you\'d better wake up and apologize.
    Muhammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by gwac

Isn't Bernard Laporte quite the charmer? Here is what Bernie had to say about playing in Croke Park:

"The game will be played in a stadium where the Irish rugby team wasn't allowed to play because of internal problems, their problems, not ours."

That statement makes perfect sense to me, but then again I'm not a Little Irelander who stumbles around with his head stuck up his arsescrabbling aroundin ditches for things to twist into imaginary grievances.

New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

He's right in a way. To the French its just a stadium. Why should they be worried about Irish history?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog

That statement makes perfect sense to me, but then again I'm not a Little Irelander who stumbles around with his head stuck up his arsescrabbling aroundin ditches for things to twist into imaginary grievances.

How dare you Old Dog. You need to be locked in a room with the 'Quiet Man' on continuous play.

Comment

Originally posted by SkibRed

How dare you Old Dog. You need to be locked in a room with the 'Quiet Man' on continuous play.

If the alternative was rubbing shoulders with fools like the author of the first post, then that's a penance that I'd be delighted to endure.

New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob R 717

Point taken, Ibanez is a genuine sportsman, but Laporte actually prides himself on being a man of the people, or at least not one of the "bourgeois s**t" (his words) who booed during Michalak's off day last time France and Ireland met.

Comment

Isss juz a feeeld!
                The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Originally posted by SkibRed
                  He's right in a way. To the French its just a stadium. Why should they be worried about Irish history?

Of course it's just a stadium to the French and I agree, Irish history is not their concern, but this is what makes the Six Nations, and rugby in general special, the sense of event and the genuine respect among fans and players for the stadiums in which the games are played. Laporte is just plainarrogant.

PS This reply goes for the "Little Irelander" gibe too.

Comment

We have no respect for Twickers. Its full of Ruperts. I fail to see what you are getting at?

Comment

The point is quite simple: Laporte is an arrogantdick. Hopefully, I won't have to explain this again.

Sure, all he means is "it's a field like any other", but he could make an effort to be polite about it. In the original French quote, he says that previously Ireland couldn't play rugby Croke Park becaue of "some religious problems that we don't really understand" !!!! [img]smileys/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

Laport was inelegant in the manner in which he expressed himself in a foreign tongue, but yep, the statement is true.There are sme remarkably sensitiev souls on this group. Cue romance, tales of Cuchulainn and mythology. The truth is exciting enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob R 717

One has a head and the other lost his during the French Revolution? Helpful, albeit somewhat opaque.

Comment

Ibanez reckons "curling" is played in Croke Park. He was told this by Johnny O' Concrete and Reddan at wasps.
                            Grandpa Simpson: The last time the meteors came, we thought the sky was on fire. Naturally, we blamed the Irish. We hanged more \'n a few.

Comment

I think Ireland have to be at 100% to win this game, the pressure to perform on such a historic day will be massive. I would put my mortgage on France to win this one. We don't deal with pressure well. I just don't feel confident that the team is performing well, it's coming from the whole season so far in all the provinces, I don't think that any one of them has played to their abilities and something is wrong in their heads. Too many of the team are not on song for me at the moment, I'd liked to be proved wrong on Sunday but Laporte knows all the pressure is on us, he knows well how s**te the French did when they moved from their old ground in paris to the new one.

Frank the Tank is not coming back. OK? That part of me is over, water under the bridge.

Comment

Working...
                              X