Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

getting to Croke Park

What's the best way to get from Hueston station to Croke Park

Luas to Connolly, or even Jervis Street and its a 15 minute walk, up Parnell Street onto Dorset Street.

You cant miss it, its huge!!!

If in doubt follow anyone in Green.

Comment

Luas to Connolly and follow the crowd. Allegedly

Comment

All you need here.

http://www.irishrugby.ie/305_310.php

especially for those Limerick folk who've never been there for years..[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Now I think about it, why would anyone bother going to Connolly and walking up if they get the Luas?

Just hop off at Jarvis St or Abbey St, up O'Connell Street, onto Parnell Street, Down to Dorset Street and there it is near the Rail bridge. Sorted. Keep an eye out for horses in lifts on your walk to the stadium.

No nosense.

http://www.irishtourist.com/details/croke_park.shtml

Comment

[img]smileys/sad.gif[/img]is this a wind up or a genuine question?
            =========================
            \"Our Association cannot be expected to accept a vista where the competing sporting organisations have no capital investment commitments, can exploit the value of their existing infrastructure and use our facilities as a cash cow, while investing their returns in games development\" - Liam Mulvihill.

Comment

<DIV>
              Originally posted by CCHA
              [img]smileys/sad.gif[/img]is this a wind up or a genuine question?
              </DIV>
              <DIV>Believe it or not, not everybody is into the GAA[img]smileys/shock.gif[/img]. I myself wouldn't have a clue of it's location only for the fact that i stayed at the jury's beside it a couple of months ago. I'm not a GAA head and I don't know Dublin very well. Shocking isn't it.[img]smileys/shock.gif[/img][img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]</DIV>
              <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
              http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
              </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

You're right too Ruck, they all think the world revolves around Dublin.

F***in Dubs.

Comment

its a genuine question - I have been to croke park loads of times but usually drive up - not familiar with the Dublin public transport system

Comment

Eh, I think you took my post ever so slightly out of context there Brophy[img]smileys/shock.gif[/img]
                    <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
                    http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
                    </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

Originally posted by brophya2006

F***in Dubs.

Well you are the ones who wanted your "home" QF played in dulin last year. Give out about us all you want but the minute you want anything and it's a different story.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Princess
                        Originally posted by brophya2006

F***in Dubs.

Well you are the ones who wanted your "home" QF played in dulin last year. Give out about us all you want but the minute you want anything and it's a different story.

No that was the IRFU

Comment

Originally posted by supersupporter
                          What's the best way to get from Hueston station to Croke Park
                          Irish rail often run the train to Connolly Station instead of Heuston on match days - there's a little used tunnel under Phoenix Park. They might even stop the train at Drumcondra which is a five minute stroll to the ground.
                          Census day, 23 April 2006, when men stood up and were counted

Comment

get the number 90/91 bus from Hueston to the top of O'Connell street and follow the crowds...tis only a ten minute walk from there.
                            "Strike me flamin' handsome!!!" - Alf Stewart

His body is only a fuel tank for his micky - a work colleague talking about a fella he knows.

Comment

Amazing, so many people say they paid for it in their taxes and never visisted to see how the money was spent.

Ok, some help for the needy, assuming you are approaching form the city centre. The entrance for the cusack stand is a left turn off summerhill/Ballybough roadafter the canal and though a narrow street of houses. It is not shown on the map above. If your ticket is for these, either go to Connolly on the LUAS or head out by Summerhill from the top of O'Connell street. Coming back, go to Connolly if you are getting the LUAS.

Access for the Hogan and the hill is on Jones Road and is best approached from Dorset Street.

The canal end can be approached from either of the above.

Day rate car parking is available in Marlborough street and Parnell centre on sundays.
                              =========================
                              \"Our Association cannot be expected to accept a vista where the competing sporting organisations have no capital investment commitments, can exploit the value of their existing infrastructure and use our facilities as a cash cow, while investing their returns in games development\" - Liam Mulvihill.

Comment

Working...
                              X