82 Triple Crown Team, bit of help please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 Triple Crown Team, bit of help please

I've been asked by a rugby club who are hosting a bash to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of Ireland's triple crown team to do an artwork for them. I'm producing a caricature of the 23 man squad and selectors (this came believe it or not from the Paulie/Tigger cartoon)

Anyway, there's a few who I don't have a mug shot of

Anyone who maybe has one or some of these, it would be very much appreciated if you could post a copy as there is a very very short lead in time for this. Anyone who does so, I'll email a copy of the finished work to you.

I need the following

Gerry McLoughlin

Johnny Murphy

David Irwin

Alex O'Regan

Ronan Kearney

John Hewitt

John O'Driscoll

& Selectors

Brian o'Brien

PJ Dwyer

Tom Kiernan
    Con Artist

just did a quick search there Valencia and came up with the following

johnny Murphy

B O'Brien

Tom Kiernan

Frank the Tank is not coming back. OK? That part of me is over, water under the bridge.

Comment

That's an awful picture of poor "spud" - I'll have to try to find a better one.
      New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Ligind Harry, the Tom Kiernan one is da biz

Had thatone of Johnny Murphy alreadybut agree with OD [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
        Con Artist

Comment

Who is this player?

Also if I recall correctly, didn't David Irwin have a tash? (played for Ulster I think)

Con Artist

Comment

BOD's uncle.

\"This year is different because this year they won\'t beat snow off a rope. They\'ll revert back to type and get 6 shades of s**t bate out of them in the group stages of the HEC ...\" Tobyglen 21 Sept 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Combatlogo

BOD's uncle.

Is it? Cheers

Who was the lad who was injured in the bomb attack coming down from the north, I'm probably mixing him up with David Irwin & he was possibly from a later era (the philip matthews bunch). I'm sure it was another gent with a tash, and that incident ended his playing career (& nearly his life)

Con Artist

Comment

Nigel Carr.
                New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Yeah that's him[img]smileys/smile.gif[/img], now that I see him, I rememberhe was a super player, back row forward I think? Sorry I Wasn't very old then

Unfortunately hewasn't with the 82 bunch so I can't use him. But thanks a bunch for the photo OD

Con Artist

Comment

David Irwin and Phillip Rainey (1 cap v the AB's in '89, Jimmy Davidson took pity on him) were also injured in that atrocity.

JOD, is, of course, a cousin of BOD, not his uncle.[img]smileys/redface.gif[/img]

Nigel Carr was potentially as good a 7 as Slattery.

Hey OD, was that Johnny Murphy a full back, got 1 or 2 caps in 1984 maybe when MacNeill was dropped?
                    \"This year is different because this year they won\'t beat snow off a rope. They\'ll revert back to type and get 6 shades of s**t bate out of them in the group stages of the HEC ...\" Tobyglen 21 Sept 2010

Comment

That's the lad, Combat - a very fine sportsman - he was a schoolboy soccer international and triallist at Arsenal with Brady,Stapo and O'Leary too.

Comment

OD, of the following how would they have lined out

You had Fitzy, Phil Orr & Locky in the front row

Lenihan & Mossin the 2nd. Slats at 7, Wille Duggan also in the back row?

Ollie at out half with Paul Dean at scrum half (is that correct, or was it Robbie McGrath) Trevor Ringland on the wing along with Keith Crossan & Moss Finnalso Wingers, is that correct (I was only 14 at this time, so my memory is not what it should be) Mike Kiernan in the centre & I think Hugo McNeill at 15

Who so would have been the other centre and where did Mick Fitz (guy with beard)play, was he a flanker?
                        Con Artist

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog

That's the lad, Combat - a very fine sportsman - he was a schoolboytriallist at Arsenal with Brady and Stapo too.

Jaysus was that him?? [img]smileys/shock.gif[/img]

I saw him on a documentary with Brady & Stapleton. Brady said he was better than him, but if I recall he was very homesick
                          Con Artist

Comment

In 1982, the Irish team coached by Tom Kiernan was: Hugo McNeill; Trevor Ringland, Michael Kiernan, Paul Dean, Moss Finn; Ollie Campbell, Robbie McGrath; Phil Orr, Ciaran Fitzgerald, Gerry McLoughlin; Moss Keane, Donal Lenihan; John O'Driscoll, Fergus Slattery and Willie Duggan.

Dave Irwin started out instead of Michael Kiernan against the Welsh, while Keith Crossan made his international debut in place of Trevor Ringland in the Triple Crown decider against the Scots.

Mick Doyle's triple crown winnners in 1985 provided arguably the most exciting unit to wear the green.

The line-up was: Hugo McNeill; Trevor Ringland, Brendan Mullin, Michael Kiernan, Keith Crossan; Paul Dean, Michael Bradley; Phil Orr, Ciaran Fitzgerald, Jim McCoy; Donal Lenihan, Willie Anderson; Philip Matthews, Nigel Carr, Brian Spillane.

Remarkably, the same 15 started and finished all three matches.

Comment

Dr. Brian Spillane from Bohs!
                              Con Artist

Comment

Working...
                              X