stringer doubtful for french match

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stringer doubtful for french match

not sure if this has been posted all ready but apparently string's has a broken bone in his hand and is very doubtful/out for the french game.

Originally posted by ECHO
    not sure if this has been posted all ready but apparently string's has a broken bone in his hand and is very doubtful/out for the french game.

Ouch ! Arise Issac Boss.
    "Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too ?" - Douglas Adams

Comment

Now, those who were saying prior to the Aus game that we
      shouldn't play Boss as we should play our best team to get a
      result. If he hadn't played that day he'd be making his full debut
      against the French at CP now Ouch. The game against Aus will stand to
      him now. That's why we need to rotate Eddie!!

Tough luck on Strings but it gives another player a chance to show what
      he can do which in the long run (RWC) may be of benefit to us..

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again (like picking Gordon D'Arcy) and expecting different results.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

Great chance for Boss to stake a claim. Good luck to hugo!

Comment

If he persists in continually breaking then Chabal, Hairy Donkey and Betsen will chew him up and spit him out.
          The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Originally posted by Mcork
            Now, those who were saying prior to the Aus game that we shouldn't play Boss as we should play our best team to get a result. If he hadn't played that day he'd be making his full debut against the French at CP now Ouch. The game against Aus will stand to him now. That's why we need to rotate Eddie!!

Tough luck on Strings but it gives another player a chance to show what he can do which in the long run (RWC) may be of benefit to us..

I'm pretty sure that Bos would have started against the PIs if he hadn't started against Oz but that is beside the point.

I don't agree that an injury to a front line player ahead of arguable the crunch game of the season is of benefit in any timeframe.

I would like to see our strongest possible team take the field on Sunday and win. There is plenty of time for future planning against the Scots and Italians (not that Eddie will do it of course).

Comment

I was at the Australia game. I thought Bosshad a very average game.

Comment

Originally posted by HurlerOnDeDitch

Now, those who were saying
                prior to the Aus game that we shouldn't play Boss as we should
                play our best team to get a result. If he hadn't played that day he'd
                be making his full debut against the French at CP now Ouch. The game
                against Aus will stand to him now. That's why we need to rotate Eddie!!

Tough
                luck on Strings but it gives another player a chance to show what he
                can do which in the long run (RWC) may be of benefit to us..

I'm pretty sure that Bos would have started against the PIs if he hadn't started against Oz but that is beside the point.
                I don't agree that an injury to a front
                line player ahead of arguable the crunch game of the season is of
                benefit in any timeframe.

I would like to see our strongest possible team take the field on
                Sunday and win. There is plenty of time for future planning against the
                Scots and Italians (not that Eddie will do it of course).

Of course, losing a player through injury is never a good thing but
                injuries happen, & over the course of a 6N's, RWC, you're going to
                have
                injuries, fact.. We'll probably lose O'Driscoll for France as well.
                It's much
                better to bring in players who have experience of playing in the big
                games (PI's dont count) which both Boss & Trimble/Murphy do. That
                is why you need a strong squad, We're finally getting to a stage where
                we have reasonable cover in most positions. 2 years ago if we were
                playing France without Strings & BOD, it would be a case of by how
                much France will beat us by. Obviously they're both a loss but we've
                better cover now. France also have injuries to several front line
                players.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again (like picking Gordon D'Arcy) and expecting different results.
                Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by HurlerOnDeDitch

Now, those who were saying prior to the Aus game that we shouldn't play Boss as we should play our best team to get a result. If he hadn't played that day he'd be making his full debut against the French at CP now Ouch. The game against Aus will stand to him now. That's why we need to rotate Eddie!!

Tough luck on Strings but it gives another player a chance to show what he can do which in the long run (RWC) may be of benefit to us..

I don't agree that an injury to a front line player ahead of arguable the crunch game of the season is of benefit in any timeframe.

I would like to see our strongest possible team take the field on Sunday and win. There is plenty of time for future planning against the Scots and Italians (not that Eddie will do it of course).

Of course, losing a player through injury is never a good thing but injuries happen, & over the course of a 6N's, RWC, you're going to have injuries, fact.. We'll probably lose O'Driscoll for France as well. It's much better to bring in players who have experience of playing in the big games (PI's dont count) which both Boss & Trimble/Murphy do. That is why you need a strong squad, We're finally getting to a stage where we have reasonable cover in most positions. 2 years ago if we were playing France without Strings & BOD, it would be a case of by how much France will beat us by. Obviously they're both a loss but we've better cover now. France also have injuries to several front line players.

Prognosis seems better now than before - a mild strain. Sounds like he will start. With Ingerland to follow, good to see Horgan back training

[img]file:///C:/DOCUME~1/sg013437/LOCALS~1/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image001.jpg[/img]

Comment

Now I wasn't at the match but I though Boss did well v Australia and I dont think we could have played that well without a good performance.

Comment

Was at the oz match and watched afterwards on the box. Boss weighs the
                      ball everytime. He picks up the ball from the ruck, holds it, makes
                      sure it is regulation weight then takes a step and passes.

Seriously watch his weighing motion at the bass of the ruck

Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

Glory hunter as well.

Comment

And he doesnt even do any of those gloryhunting ankle taps
                          Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

A below par ankle tripper, Isaac.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye
                              I was at the Australia game. I thought Bosshad a very average game.

I too was at the Australia game and i thought Boss had a very satisfactory game.

Comment

Working...
                              X