13 for Sunday?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

13 for Sunday?

IF Briano doesn't make it for Saturday - which unfortunately looks very likely now - who should come in?

Trimble 13 and G. Murphyon the wing seems the obvious answer, but I would have John Kelly at 13. Solid and defensively sound for a big game like this. Reckon this is very very unikely with O'Sullivan but definitely a better option than bringing in Bambi/Lewis or AN Other rookie

If O' Driscoll remains injured, I would like to see Trimble in the center.... with Murphy coming in on the wing.

Comment

@@@@SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">O'Driscoll fitness hopes improve@@@@/SPAN>

Brian O'Driscoll remains in contention to play for Ireland against France on Sunday after he underwent a scan on his hamstring injury on Monday.
      The Irish RFU said that O'Driscoll had suffered a "mild strain" in Sunday's win over Wales and that the injury was "not as serious as first feared".

However, Peter Stringer is now also a major fitness worry for the game.

The scrum-half suffered a hairline fracture to a bone in his right hand in Sunday's win over Wales.

If Stringer is ruled out, Ulster's Isaac Boss would be in line to start against France.

The IRFU statement said that O'Driscoll would undergo a rehabilitation programme this week and that a further medical update would be made on Saturday, 24 hours before the Croke Park contest.

Stringer will not train in the early part of this week but the IRFU said that he had not been ruled out of selection for this weekend's game.

Gordon D'Arcy suffered a groin strain during the early stages of the game in Cardiff but the injury has responded well to treatment and he is expected to be available for selection.

Denis Leamy had an abscess incised and drained on Monday and he is expected to be fit for Sunday's game.

Ulster's Tommy Bowe and Bryan Young are among 10 players brought into the Ireland squad as cover.

Bowe, Rob Kearney, Barry Murphy, Kieran Lewis and Eoin Reddan are added as backs cover while fit-again Malcolm O'Kelly, Jamie Heaslip, Keith Gleeson, Trevor Hogan and Young are drafted into the forwards.

O'Driscoll initially felt the injury earlier in the second half when supporting a break from Ronan O'Gara but continued after receiving treatment.

If O'Driscoll is ruled out, Andrew Trimble would be expected to switch to centre with Geordan Murphy coming into the starting line-up.

Comment

I agree Skyhawk,but according to the radio news at 10.00 BOD has a reasonable change of making it and Darcy should be fine,some concern about Stringer though,broken bone in the hand.
        What once were vices,now are habits

Comment

Ya, I was shocked when I herd about Stringer....a major concern.

Comment

Stringer is the major concern.. reckon BoD will make it.

Comment

Wonder how long Stringer played on with that broken bone in his hand? He is one tough cookie.

My computer thinks I'm gay
              What's the difference anyway
              When all the people do all day
              Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by Skyhawk

If O' Driscoll remains injured, I would like to see Trimble in the center.... with Murphy coming in on the wing.

If it comes to it Trimble in the centre is the best option for me. He is a strong runner and a big tackler so he'll fill the space reasonably well. Although he coped OK with the defensive wing role on Sunday I don't think anyone could claim that he didn't look uncomfortable there and he's definitely not a kicker.

It will probably not matter as BOD might be fit again anyway...

Comment

Barry Murphy

Comment

Working the local vote very well there, well done Ep.[img]smileys/thumb-up.gif[/img]
                    Shameless self promotion time ladies and gents!
                    Munster: Early Season
                    Munster: Escape from Pool of Death
                    Munster: HEC Champions 2007/2008
                    Munster: Full Season Highlights.

Comment

If BOD does make it Trimble might be under pressure. I`d have Murphy ahead of him.

Comment

Trimble would'nt be a bad choice at all. He has played very well in the 13 role against Biarritz and Toulouse and is much better there than on the wing. Murphy also looked very good when he came on on sunday and deserves a shot.

Stringer is a worry but he played average on sunday (wonder when he got the injury and if that had anything to do with his passes going a bit astray?) Boss is only back from Injury but if he plays like he did against Australia I think we will be OK. The french scrum half Migononi worries me though - was man of the match for them IMO against the italians.
                        The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
                        - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

I know Epaddy is taking the piss, and I'm not advocating his selection on Sunday, but I'm quite intrigued as to what Barry Murphy might do withthe likes of D'Arcy, O'Driscoll and Murphy around him.
                          "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Working...
                          X