anyone's interested.

Harping on about Henson [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Comment

He's just said Henson IS BETTER than BOD [img]smileys/shock.gif[/img]

Comment

Stephen Jones;

The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

...won't start a new thread, but Against The Head is on RTE2 at 8:00pm........better than listening to that numpty Jones.............
          Trust is good; control is better. V I Lenin.

Comment

What a phucking lunatic [img]smileys/shock.gif[/img]
            I always thought he was a WUM, but now he seems terrifyingly assured
            of his opinions

Comment

He makes a lot of money out of being controversial. I find it funny actually. Who else could possibly argue with a straight face that Henson is a better player than O'Driscoll, apart from Charlotte Church and maybe Henson's folks?

Classic stuff

Comment

Jeebus he talks some sh*te..............Pick Henson then worry about the other 14 players....[img]smileys/confused.gif[/img][img]smileys/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

TOSSER, 'nuf said

Comment

<!-
                    var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
                    var SymReal;

Sym()
                    {
                    window.open = SymWinOpen;
                    if(SymReal != null)
                    SymReal();
                    }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
                    {
                    if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
                    SymReal&#079;nLoad();
                    window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
                    SymReal = window.;
                    window. = Sym;
                    }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
                    window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->

I like to read Jonesy every Sunday, because, like all "controversial" writers, sometimes he says the truth.

However, based on this episode, he is starkers. What is he on, and what is he on about?

[img]smileys/shock.gif[/img][img]smileys/shock.gif[/img]
                    "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                    Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

The whole Stephen Jones thing brings to mind the exchange between 2 radio execs, from the film about shock-jock Howard Sterns life called "Private Parts". I think the same logic applies to Jones' continuing employment as a rugby writer.

1:The average radio listener listens for eighteen minutes. The average
                      Howard Stern fan listens for - are you ready for this? - an hour and
                      twenty minutes.

2:
                      How can that be?

1:
                      Answer most commonly given? "I want to see what he'll say next."

2:
                      Okay, fine. But what about the people who hate Stern?

1:
                      Good point. The average Stern hater listens for two and a half hours a day.

2:
                      But... if they hate him, why do they listen?

1:
                      Most common answer? "I want to see what he'll say next."

Grandpa Simpson: The last time the meteors came, we thought the sky was on fire. Naturally, we blamed the Irish. We hanged more \'n a few.

Comment

Jones is like Jade Goody -famous for being stupid.

Comment

Hilarious interview. [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img][img]smileys/lol.gif[/img][img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

I really wish Wales would make him a selector!!

At least it makes a change from the rest of Wales bleeting on about how it was all Ireland's fault for cheating and how they woz robbed.

Comment

Stephen Jones is such a poor reader and analystof the game. At a time, whencommentators/journos as insightful as Greenwood, Barnes, Redman and even Moore are in print and on the air, Jones inadequacies are even more evident.

Jones just picks on these "issues" and stirs them up provocatively for readership. He deals in themes that have the "my haircut is better than yours" quality and his articles are devoid of any real technical or tactical insight, but replete with juicy language.

I recall when he devoted large amounts of space to lauding Sheridan on the Lions Tour, talking about how he was givingnightmares to Carl Heyman in the Maori game. Ditto when the ABs came to play England in 2006. All b****x.

Comment

he has been hating Ireland for a long time now -I rememebr during the 91 world Cup after we beat wales he went on a rant in the times about how ireland had never contributed anything to world rugby ever - for us to be beating Wales 9 times out of the last 11 must be crucifying him .

Comment

Working...
                              X