No announcement yet.

Peter Stringer ???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O'Gara was not crap. He had a poor 1st half alright but was well above crap in the second half.

His tackling this season is much improved and that was very obvious yesterday imo. he had a lot of defending to do and did it very well. in the 2nd half he sorted his game out. his kicking, passing and running all improved. If you think he was crap you must have exceptionally high standards. Granted he has played much better, but imo, to say that he was crap is nonsense.
    <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
    http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
    </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

ROG played well yesterday, even had a break![img]smileys/shock.gif[/img]

Stringer however is piss poor, the wee fella has no strength. Someone sneezes in the front of the stand and it blows him into rucks or off balance. Supposedly Boss was still nursing his shoulder last week but hopefully we'll see him get a run out against France.

Commemorate Nevin Spence here -
      http://www.mycharity.ie/event/munste..._nevin_spence/

Comment

Boss picked ahead of Stringer [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]. Your some optimist

My computer thinks I'm gay
        What's the difference anyway
        When all the people do all day
        Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by sewa

Boss picked ahead of Stringer [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]. Your some optimist

He won't be picked ahead Stringer, but he should come off the bench at some point
          Commemorate Nevin Spence here -
          http://www.mycharity.ie/event/munste..._nevin_spence/

Comment

Originally posted by Ruck

O'Gara was not crap. He had a poor 1st half alright but was well above crap in the second half.

His tackling this season is much improved and that was very obvious yesterday imo. he had a lot of defending to do and did it very well. in the 2nd half he sorted his game out. his kicking, passing and running all improved. If you think he was crap you must have exceptionally high standards. Granted he has played much better, but imo, to say that he was crap is nonsense.

Agree with most of what you say re passing,tackling and what can you say about his place kicking. His kicking out of hand for position is something that has been excellent. Yesterday this was not great. He tried for long touches and time and again missed them,gifting possession to the Welsh back three who stood well back and gratefully accepted it. Kicking possession to the French will be severely punished so I'd like to see him improve on this aspect. A spectacularly long touch quite often just leads to the opposition taking a quick throw-in and coming back.
            The early bird catches the worm but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie Brown
              ROG played well yesterday, even had a break![img]smileys/shock.gif[/img]

Stringer however is piss poor, the wee fella has no strength. Someone sneezes in the front of the stand and it blows him into rucks or off balance. Supposedly Boss was still nursing his shoulder last week but hopefully we'll see him get a run out against France.

How many tackles did you see him miss JB? Funny the way such a weak lad wasn't blown away by that massive Welsh back row wasn't it? He certainly lacks size and strength but he uses what he has to great effect. He has no break but the rest of his game was pretty good yesterday. Everybody is singing Peel's praises but if he is that great, I don't quite understand how Stringer could have been so crap and still manage to contain him.

When a player has an average game (which is what I believe Stringer had yesterday) people with an agenda will always focus on the negative to the exclusion of the positive. I believe that most of the Irish players put in 6 out of 10 performances yesterday. There was some good and some bad in most of their games.

If I wanted to bash a few Ulstermen I could cite Trimble's poor kicking and Best's throwing but that would be to ignore things like Trimble comfortably defending his channel all day and winning at least one turnover andBest hitting his target most of the time and playing well in the tight.

Comment

i wouldnt say that peter's s**t but he was up against the best scrum half in the world who is consistently brilliant, dwayne peel would make any scrum half look poor

Comment

Stringer wasn't bad, he didn't really do a lot wrong though the 8 pick and pass to 9 was an idiotic idea considering the size of the blindside, string's notorious lack of a break added to the fact it was popham and czechak marking the blindside who are both 6'4.

Nothing new is going to be exposed in this thread.

Strings has a good pass (few wayward but the breakdown was chaotic), he puts in good dinkie kicks, he harries the No.8 quite well (generally), he is a relatively good decision maker close inre. rog try.

However he can't break (re. his decision to tap and go from just outside our 22' when the wales defence was already back 10m). which would lead to his decision making as it seems to me he tries to force breaks sometimes when they aren't on. His clearance box kicks aren't great and he is badly caught out when being tackled one on one.

O'Sullivan obviously rates stringer a lot more than the experts here but equally (as has become increasingly obvious since the AI's) he has a longterm plan and he has brought Boss to this fair isle for a reason. Be that sitting on the bench to change a game or to start and keep the opposition honest who knows but i'd expect to see a bit more of Boss in the 6N and the summer tour which could lead to a real head scratcher for who starts come the RWC.

Comment

same here beginning to think boss's strengths might suit irelands style of play would like to see a balance of stringer and boss

Comment

Originally posted by epaddy
                      I thought he was amazing. His passing was fantastic and he kept the
                      oposition fringe defence guessing all day. His little move with Leamy
                      was fantastic and MOTM winning material. He was right up there with
                      Horseman for MOTM
                      Epaddy - seems you are still attending Dr Phil as you are obviously delusional at present or is it a split personality .

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy
                        Originally posted by Rogfan
                        Originally posted by mike11

Stringer was the shortest SH on the pitch yesterday.

Fixed that for you.

Stringer reached his normal level of mediocrity yesterday, hes consistant in that. He was however the poorest scrum half on view all weekend.

He was playing against the best spoiling back row on show as well.

Peel didn't get a break all day, but I suppose that doesn't count for anything. If he's not running around 10 men, juggling flaming torches and pulling monkey's out of his arse he's mediocre.

What he said!
                        Trust is good; control is better. V I Lenin.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Hand Hero
                          ...but i'd expect to see a bit more of Boss in the 6N
                          <!-
                          var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
                          var SymReal;

Sym()
                          {
                          window.open = SymWinOpen;
                          if(SymReal != null)
                          SymReal();
                          }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
                          {
                          if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
                          SymReal&#079;nLoad();
                          window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
                          SymReal = window.;
                          window. = Sym;
                          }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
                          window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->

Especially if as reported by the BBC Peter Stringer has a hairline fracture of a wrist bone and is a major doubt to start against France.

Looks like Eddie could have a few changes enforced! [img]smileys/c&#111;nfused.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Drahcir
                            i wouldnt say that peter's s**t but he was up against the best scrum half in the world who is consistently brilliant, dwayne peel would make any scrum half look poor

So how come he didn't on Sunday?

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Princess
                              Stringer was ok, just ok. O' Gara was crap, but alot of people are getting used to having bad games when he's wearing the green jersey. Paul O' Connell was poor too, it's a shame we might end up having him as captain on Saturday. Sorry, but that's the way I see it anyway!
                              no need to apologise flower, you're opinions are as valid as anyones. which player do you fancy the most btw? i hear david wallace is popular with the ladies.

Comment

Based on his pass from the base of the ruck at the end of the game, I'd have Hayes at no. 9 against England. Ellis won't dance around the Bull!!

"I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                                Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X