MOTM Italy v France

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MOTM Italy v France

Towards the end of the game I was watching on BBC and when they gave MOTM to Chabal they showed a few clips of his tries etc. I switched over to RTE and lo and behold they had also just awarded him MOTM and were showing the same clips. I know RTE take their coverage as a feed from some foreign channel,possibly via the BBC but that seems to mean they're told who the BBC MOTM is and "would you mind going along with that". As it happens Chabal was outstanding but what if RTE had not nominated him?

The early bird catches the worm but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

No i am fairly certain that it is the BBC commentators that get to select the man of the match and their selection becomes the official RBS man of the match!! The other broadcasters just agree with it as they have no power to change it!
    If you even dream of beating me you\'d better wake up and apologize.
    Muhammad Ali

Comment

AFAIK, the domestic broadcaster decides on the clips and replays - you often here commentators saying "we need to see the other angle" again, obviously unable to make it happen.

And Chabal was head and shoulders man of the match. Fierce performance against an Italian pack that didn't look like it contained some of the fiercest forwards around.
      "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Rob R 717
        No i am fairly certain that it is the BBC commentators that get to select the man of the match and their selection becomes the official RBS man of the match!! The other broadcasters just agree with it as they have no power to change it!

Fair enough,Rob that would have to explain it and as Balla Boy said there was really only one candidate.

Munsterforever won't like it though. Even our sports commentators are still under the imperialist cosh.
        The early bird catches the worm but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Comment

Wouldn't the feed be from Italian domestic TV, perhapd Rai?

Comment

Chabal was unreal

took a knock to the hamstring and it looked bad so he may be out of the Ireland game
            To not give it everything, is to sacrifice the gift.

Comment

Jerome Thion had a huge game as well, very talented player . I'm fairly
              worried, I didn't expect the french to be anywhere near as dominant up
              front.
              Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again (like picking Gordon D'Arcy) and expecting different results.
              Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
              X