6 nations 07 weekend 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 nations 07 weekend 1

Just watching the BBC buildup this afternoon ...

While I suspect the french may win, I really really hope the italians win. Given the cancellation of all soccer in italy this weekend, if the italian team sieze their chances they could do wonders for the development of rugby in Italy.

the england scotland game looks a complete lottery .. on paper the english team is a lot stronger, but scotland seems have found the coach who understands his players. Their result against england last season also has to give scotland an unsual level of confidence for the game.

As for wales v ireland - all bets are off .. the welsh really want to win, but ireland are full of self belief. If ireland lose.. someone is going to get severe criticism.

Plato: \"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.\"

As I wrote last night, put your mortgage on England. [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]

The Scots have won only four of 42 Tests at Twickenham since 1911, with the last coming in 1983.

Then think of their HEC performances.

Plus, they're missing Jason White - their best forward.

New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Go Italy. I'll be cheering you until Paddy's Day.

Why oh why can't we have a national anthem like theirs? [img]smileys/sad.gif[/img]
      "We are going to hope to keep improving the environment in Munster. It’s about improving and setting standards where players and coaches can improve. Hopefully we can offer that more than just money.” Johann Van Graan 20/12/2017

Comment

Originally posted by FORWARD....

Why oh why can't we have a national anthem like theirs? [img]smileys/sad.gif[/img]

Don't get me started on that bete noir! [img]smileys/smiley37.gif[/img]

Those bloody Azurri penalty kickers are at it again. [img]smileys/mad.gif[/img]

New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog
          Originally posted by FORWARD....

Don't get me started on that bete noir! [img]smileys/smiley37.gif[/img]

Those bloody Azurri penalty kickers are at it again. [img]smileys/mad.gif[/img]

Yeah. I know. It was a rhetorical rant.[img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]

Awfulawful penalty miss.
          "We are going to hope to keep improving the environment in Munster. It’s about improving and setting standards where players and coaches can improve. Hopefully we can offer that more than just money.” Johann Van Graan 20/12/2017

Comment

yet again the traditional powers win their opening games fairly handily.

[img]smileys/sad.gif[/img]

Plato: \"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.\"

Comment

I was deflated watching French Italy match. How poor were
              Italy? Their much vaunted pack (by me amoung others) didn't show up and
              their half backs were as poor or even worse than expected. Canale &
              Parisse were the only players who shone on the italian side. That
              said the french pack looked very very good & gave their
              backs an easy ride. With the talent & pace to burn they were fairly
              clinical. Given parity in the pack which is a big ask, I think we'd take them still but we'd
              want to put Wales away tommorow fairly handily before I'll feel
              optimistic.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again (like picking Gordon D'Arcy) and expecting different results.
              Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
              X