So if..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So if..

So if we do get absolutely tonked in the scrums again on Sunday how the hell do we fix it?

The Ulster lads arent any better or worse..

I'm a bit nervous now about the whole thing. From what I'm reading this Horseman of the Apocalypse seems to be another Julian White, Jenkins is a bit nifty too.

The scrum will have little or no impact on the outcome of this game.

My computer thinks I'm gay
    What's the difference anyway
    When all the people do all day
    Is stare into a phone

Comment

Wales might win the scrum battle like Leicester against Munster but they won't win the lineout so Ireland will get good possession.

Comment

But if this is to be the case, we'll have to dominate the breakdown EVERY time, and our Line-out will have to be perfect.

We will need to dominate 2 from 3 re-start options.

Also, they're better in the off-load than us, so the breakdown will be more transient - they will be trying to re-cycle before going to ground.

Still, they're missing some key players, so that'll disrupt them a bit.

Ireland by 10, with a few very nervous moments!

Trust is good; control is better. V I Lenin.

Comment

We probably said that about the Leicester V Munster game too.

Its amazing how people will lampoon Leinster for their lack of a scrum and always expect the worst but when it comes to Ireland or Munster it wont make a difference. I dont understand. I dont meant that to wind anyone up but it is just complete hypocrisy.

What is the plan B? Actually the Plan B is the Ulster lads but they arent any huge improvement. What is the Plan C!!!!

How about that lad at Wasps? Bracken is it?

Yours in angst
          SR

Comment

The fact that your not even sure of his name should be telling you all you need to know. The pitch will be in much better condition than Thomond was which will make it a lot easier to just lock out and not budge in the scrums. Also the Welsh tight five are no where Leicesters standard. The scrums will be even IMHO andif wewin the breakdown (i.e. keep Martyn Williams hands off our ball) we will win the game.
            My computer thinks I'm gay
            What's the difference anyway
            When all the people do all day
            Is stare into a phone

Comment

Ulster lads will be a bit more solid in the scrum, but lack the ball carrying ability of Horan or the lineout impact of Hayes. Eddie wouldn't use them anyway. Our props are poor, but i don't think the Welsh are that much better. They are no Leicester.
              Commemorate Nevin Spence here -
              http://www.mycharity.ie/event/munste..._nevin_spence/

Comment

Speaking of Martyn Williams hands in rucks, who is the ref?
                Hello friends in Brussels. Baldy here

Comment

Wales will try to kill the ball in the rucks and force more scrums; we'll try to keep it alive, i have no doubt we'll murder them in the backs, if D'arcy continues his excellent form. We should be on top in the lineouts, so if it comes to a kick to the corners game we'll have no real trouble, our scrum may not be the best but we still have a decent enough maul.

Expect wales to huff & puff for 20-30 mins but if and when we get decent possession we'll cut loose and score. Ireland by 15+

Comment

The Welsh back 3 do not have a great kicking game so if we can kick the corners without going to touch we will put Wales under a lot of pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by Clubman
                      Kelvin Deaker of NZ.

Comment

I agree with Sewa that the impact of the scrums on the outcome of this game has been way overblown. We've seen our scrum going backwards against NZ in the summer and against england last year in the 6N without any major ramifications on the result. On dry pitches there are less scrums and it's also a little easier to get the ball out the back quicker even if the scrum is going backwards. Granted this puts you on the back foot a bit and there may be the odd penalty against one of the prop but lineouts will be far more frequent and far more impactful on the final outcome.

Have to say though that i'm surprised that Peter Bracken hasn't made it into an Irishmatchday squadyet given our difficultiesin this position. I've seen quite a bit of him playing with wasps and if there's one thing he can do it's scrummage. He should be brought on the tour of argentina in the summer - we'd see if he was up to it then!

Comment

The weather in Thomond was a huge factor as well, there were more scrums in that game than I expect Ireland to face in the 6N.
                          We will be fine. Ireland by 15

Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

Young would be a bit more solid in the scrum but will offer nothing in the loose, Best (simon) is like Guy Easterby, he's the crap one. It must be something about older brothers.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyB
                              Originally posted by Clubman
                              @@@@SPAN style="font-weight: bold;">Kelvin Deaker of NZ.@@@@/SPAN>
                              Interesting! Wonder how he will ref the breakdown? If he's all on for a flowing game, it should suit us. Wally, Leamy and BOD should give us the advantage at the b/d.
                              Trust is good; control is better. V I Lenin.

Comment

Working...
                              X