REPORTS ALL BLACK FAILED DRUG TEST

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

REPORTS ALL BLACK FAILED DRUG TEST

Any1 know the rugby site that broke this story?

NZRU SAYS REPORTS THAT ALL BLACK FAILED DRUG TEST `INCORRECT'

(The following is a reformatted version of a press release
    by the New Zealand Rugby Union and received via electronic mail.
    The release was confirmed by the sender.)

Jan. 30 - All Blacks management said today that media
    reports that an All Blacks player had tested positive for
    cannabis were incorrect.
    An international rugby news website today reported that
    French newspaper Midi Olympique had claimed an unnamed All Black
    had tested positive for cannabis following the All Blacks' Test
    against France in Paris in November last year.
    All Blacks Manager Darren Shand said neither the New
    Zealand Rugby Union nor All Blacks management were aware of any
    player testing positive for cannabis, and would have expected to
    have been advised if that was the case.

Seas suas agus troid!

cannabis?

i doubt that unless its works as a masking drug

If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.

Comment

some big fijian winger who plays super 14 in s.a got caight for cannabis recently,also another fijian delasau,who plays with clermont in france,got caught for it a while back.
      g\'wan bruff!!

``The answer is not heavy- handed regulations that crush the entrepreneurial spirit and risk- taking of American capitalism. That\'s what\'s made our economy great.\"
      -Barack Obama

\"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics\"
      -thomas sowell

Comment

Rugby Union unaware of claim in French newspaper that an All Black has tested positive for cannabis
        <DIV =LeadPara>All Black cannabis claim denied </DIV>
        <DIV =LeadPara>All Blacks </DIV>
        <DIV =TailParas>The Rugby Union is denying reports an All Black has tested positive for cannabis. </DIV>
        <DIV =TailParas>French weekly newspaper 'Midi Olympique' claims the unidentified player tested positive after the test against France in November. </DIV>
        <DIV =TailParas>All Blacks manager Darren Shand says neither the NZRU nor the team management is aware of any player testing positive. He says they would have expected to have been advised by now if that had happened. </DIV>
        <DIV =TailParas>Midi Olympique did not reveal its source but claims the test results have been handed to the International Rugby Board which is considering whether the drug was medically prescribed. </DIV>
        <DIV =TailParas>Bulletin supplied by IRN Limited (c) 2007 IRN Limited </DIV>
        <DIV =TailParas>Newstalk ZB</DIV>
        Seas suas agus troid!

Comment

Interesting that the test was done in France. They tend to be fairly draconian about drug bans.

Somebody could be banned for a very long time if this story is true. [img]smileys/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

A fijian who plays for canterbury was banned also for cannibas use. But
            he was only banned from internationals if i remember rightly. His club,
            (canterbury npc and crusaders) allowed him to play. Maybe someone
            could clarify that? Cannibas use is as widespread if not more so in NZ
            as it is here (better climate for cultivation, easier grown in such a rural
            country) and i'd say they have a few problems with it at school level
            and underage in particular.
            “People are broad-minded. They'll accept the fact that a person can be an alcoholic, a dope fiend, a wife beater and even a newspaperman, but if a man doesn't drive, there's something wrong with him.” - Art Buchwald

Comment

WADA are open to the idea of taking cannabis, cocaine etc off the banned lists.
              Kiva - Loans That Change Lives

Comment

Originally posted by James Lynch
                A fijian who plays for canterbury was banned also for cannibas use. But
                he was only banned from internationals if i remember rightly. His club,
                (canterbury npc and crusaders) allowed him to play. Maybe someone
                could clarify that? Cannibas use is as widespread if not more so in NZ
                as it is here (better climate for cultivation, easier grown in such a rural
                country) and i'd say they have a few problems with it at school level
                and underage in particular.

yeah,that was delasau,he went to clermont since
                g\'wan bruff!!

``The answer is not heavy- handed regulations that crush the entrepreneurial spirit and risk- taking of American capitalism. That\'s what\'s made our economy great.\"
                -Barack Obama

\"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics\"
                -thomas sowell

Comment

Cheers Bruffian didn't realise he'd moved.

As regards taking Cannibas and other illegal drugs off the list, i would
                  be against it. If the drug is illegal in everyday life, then it should be
                  illegal in competition. I don't have problems with people taking drugs
                  for recreation (anyone who knows me for years knows that), but if you
                  do you have to accept the consequences if you are caught. If WADA
                  take these drugs off the list, then to some extent they are in conflict
                  with the law of the land ideologically. It doesn't make sense.
                  “People are broad-minded. They'll accept the fact that a person can be an alcoholic, a dope fiend, a wife beater and even a newspaperman, but if a man doesn't drive, there's something wrong with him.” - Art Buchwald

Comment

I'd be happy if the All Blacks wanted to take cannibis to be honest. They're not going to be rushing anywhere, will eat a lot more.......... generally slow down and not particularly care too much if they win or lose. Happy days!!

Comment

Cheers Bruffian didn't realise he'd moved.

As regards taking Cannibas and other illegal drugs off the list, i would
                      be against it. If the drug is illegal in everyday life, then it should be
                      illegal in competition. I don't have problems with people taking drugs
                      for recreation (anyone who knows me for years knows that), but if you
                      do you have to accept the consequences if you are caught. If WADA

A player, or anybody else, who takes illegal substances should be dealt with be the legal apparatus of the state, to the extent that it can be proved that they broke the law.

Surely theremit of the relevant sporting bodies is to deal with performance enhancing substances, whether they are legal or not should not be of concern.

Surely a player should only be prohibited from earning a living if he has done something to illegally improve his performance. If smoking dope does not have that effect, and I really don't know thatone way or the other,it seems a little harsh to ban the guy for a long period of time.

Comment

If WADA

Not really, they are just putting it up there with drink driving or assault or something as one of a multitude of offenses that are illegal but as they aren't 'doping' offenses shouldn't be penalized on the pitch.
                        Kiva - Loans That Change Lives

Comment

Seems the allegations are rubbish.

TheNZRFU officially rejected the French Midi Olympique news report that an ABplayer had tested positive for cannabis use on New Zealand's 2006 year-end tour.

In addition, the IRB rejected the new report via official IRB spokesman Greg Thomas, after Midi Olypique had claimed that a dossier for the positive drug test was under review at the IRB.

Comment

Working...
                          X