L’Equipe de France versus Italie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

L’Equipe de France versus Italie

Clement Poitrenaud; Cedric Heymans, Florian Fritz, Yannick Jauzion, Christophe Dominici; David Skrela, Pierre Mignoni; Olivier Milloud, Raphael Ibanez (cap), Pieter de Villiers, Lionel Nallet, Jerome Thion, Serge Betsen, Julien Bonnaire, Sebastien Chabal.

Replacements: Dimitri Szarzewski, Sylvain Marconnet, Pascal Pape, Imanol Harinordoquy, Dimitri Yachvili, Lionel Beauxis, Vincent Clerc

3/4s are strong but a new half-back pairing is a big risk. you can get 15/2 on Betfair about an Italy win, which imo is a seriously tasty price

Comment

looks weak

Comment

I think Laporte has seriously underestimated the Italians on this one. Cue a home win and disastrous start for France...

Comment

Agree that, with their excellent pack, Italy will really put it up to the French, I've backed them on Betfair at 6.8/1, which is great odds in a 2 horse race.

Comment

Any sign of the Azzuri team announcement yet ?

Comment

thats a beast of a backrow[img]smileys/shock.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by POC Lost Tooth
                thats a beast of a backrow[img]smileys/shock.gif[/img]

Chalk it down!! there's still plenty there to beat the italians - france by less than 12 might be a safer bet...

Comment

anyone reckon jauzion will a pass off skrela?
                  Hi sham, gimme 2 pints of carling, a bottle of bud, and a vodka and orange for the burd

Comment

Italy really do have an excellent pack & i'd expect them to give
                    real problems to every team they play this 6N's. France look as
                    vunerable as they've ever been. It wouldn't be a big shock if Italy
                    win.
                    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again (like picking Gordon D'Arcy) and expecting different results.
                    Albert Einstein

Comment

It would be so sweet if France took a beating - not only would it be good for Italy, that goes without saying, but it might shut Laporte up. The guy is turning into the mad professor he always looked like. Personally I think he was cyrogenically frozen in Argentina following post WWII exile, recently awoken to "take over the world"! His selections were total tosh (Traille at out half??)for the NZ tests last autumn and he has the gall (no pun intended) to come out with statements like "I was really impressed by the way we played against NZ in the second test".

Now he is referring to the 6 nations as a tournament for France to "polish" the team before the World Cup. I think he needs to polish his glasses!!!! This guy does not deserve to win the tournament. Take heed the free world, this man must be stopped, we cannot let a furniture polisher win the tournament. He hasn't shown the proper respect so I hope he gets taken down.

[img]smileys/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by gwac

It would be so sweet if France took a beating - not only would it be good for Italy, that goes without saying, but it might shut Laporte up. [img]smileys/mad.gif[/img]
                        It might also fire them up for their visit to Croker. EOS keeps saying the surface in Croker is like Stade de France, so they may feel well at home there.

Comment

[/QUOTE] It might also fire them up for their visit to Croker. EOS keeps saying the surface in Croker is like Stade de France, so they may feel well at home there. [/QUOTE]

True, for every action a reaction and all that, but France are so unpredictable at the moment (mostly thanks to the whims of evil would be genius Laporte) they could equally implode completely if they were to lose in Italy. There would definitely be a raft of changes. Laporte seems to be doing a great job at the psychological warfare on his own players, saying things like "Chabal has had a lot of bad games in a French shirt so he'd better do a good job this time" !!! Great coach eh?

The bottom line is that the French have the players to choose from in every position, that's what always makes them a threat. It will be interesting to see what soundbites Field Marshall Laporte comes out with this year though, after last year's vintage. Bourgeois scum everywhere, your days are numbered!

Comment

That's a really tasty French team if you ask me, quality everywhere, Mignoni and Skrela will be interesting to watch, Skrela can run a game much better than their other options at 10 (which is zero really at the moment). Expect a big attack on these two from the Italians for the first 20 - 30 mins. This championship is the Frenchies to lose, no other country can produce such an all rounded squad.
                            Frank the Tank is not coming back. OK? That part of me is over, water under the bridge.

Comment

6/1 is a ridiculous price in this two horse race. Definitely worth a tenner. Also 10/3 for an Italy win against a decimated Scottish team[img]smileys/shock.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X