Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

caption competition #12689

@@@@SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif">@@@@/SPAN>

@@@@SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif">Phil Vickery wins Gayes 6 nations captain pose with Fabian Pelous a close second@@@@/SPAN>
    The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
    - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Originally posted by Upfront_1979

@@@@SPAN style="font-family: tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif;">@@@@/SPAN>

@@@@SPAN style="font-family: tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif;">Phil Vickery wins Gayes 6 nations captain pose with Fabian Pelous a close second@@@@/SPAN>
    'snoballs competition

Comment

<HR SIZE=1>
      <!- Message ->
      <DIV style="OVERFLOW: auto; WIDTH: 100%">
      <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="95%" align=center>
      <T>
      <TR>
      <TD =bold>Upfront_1979 wrote:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" bgColor=#c0c0c0>
      <T>
      <TR>
      <TD>
      <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" bgColor=#f3f3f3>
      <T>
      <TR>
      <TD =text>

@@@@SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif">@@@@/SPAN>

@@@@SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif">Phil Vickery wins Gayes 6 nations captain pose with Fabian Pelous a close second@@@@/SPAN></TD></TR></T></TABLE></TD></TR></T></TABLE></TD></TR></T></TABLE>
      no balls competition
      </DIV><!- Signature ->
      SORRY BOO BOO[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Comment

Accompanying pictures, or a link to them, would be nice. (It's kind of a tradition here that caption competitions have an accompanying picture.) [img]smileys/c&#111;nfused.gif[/img]
        New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

You put your right arm in, your right arm out, you do the hokey-cokey and ....
          Hope Not Hate

Comment

http://www.irishrugby.ie/newspage/86602.html

<TABLE>
            <T>
            <TR>
            <TD =promoline align=middle>In Pics: Six Nations Launch</TD></TR>
            <TR vAlign=top>
            <TD =Main>
            <DIV style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">@@@@SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif">

@@@@SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">@@@@SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif">@@@@/SPAN>@@@@/SPAN>@@@@/SPAN>@@@@SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif">@@@@SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">@@@@SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif">Pictured above: The team captains for the 2007 RBS 6 Nations - Brian O'Driscoll (Ireland), Stephen Jones (Wales), Marco Bortolami (Italy), Chris Paterson (Scotland), Phil Vickery (England) and Fabien Pelous (France) - pose with the trophy at the official launch at London's Hurlingham Club.

@@@@/SPAN>@@@@/SPAN>@@@@SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif">O'Driscoll, who turned 28 last Sunday, was asked about Ireland being rated as favourites for the title at the subsequent press conference. He admitted: "I guess someone has to be favourites. Each Six Nations, some team always gets that mantle from the results they have gotten in the autumn. I guess that's why it points to us.

"But we've been favourites before and not won, so I think you don't read too much into it. Hopefully we are better for the experience of having been there before and not quite done it. I don't think it's now or never. Two years ago, I said why not now rather than another time and that's the same philosophy everyone is adopting now."@@@@/SPAN>@@@@SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif">
            @@@@/SPAN>@@@@SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">@@@@SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif">
            @@@@/SPAN>@@@@/SPAN>@@@@SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif">

@@@@SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif">The skippers indulge in a snowball fight with the film crews and photographers who had gathered at the Hurlingham Club. Wasps prop @@@@SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">Phil Vickery, @@@@/SPAN>who has replaced Leicester's Martin Corry as England captain, talked afterwards about his anticipation of the Ireland v England clash on February 24, which, in a history-making move, is being played at GAA headquarters at Croke Park.

Vickery said: "I understand Croke Park's a sacred place and one which has never allowed other games there. It's a huge honour and privilege to be able to play there. I only know a little bit about it because I wouldn't have read about it all.

"It's a huge honour for us to be able to just walk in there, let alone play a game in there. It's just going to be a great occasion. It's one I am certainly looking forward to anyway."@@@@/SPAN>
            @@@@/SPAN>@@@@SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">@@@@SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif">
            @@@@/SPAN>@@@@/SPAN>@@@@SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif">

@@@@SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">Fabien Pelous, Brian O'Driscoll @@@@/SPAN>and @@@@SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">Phil Vickery @@@@/SPAN>take aim. O'Driscoll, who regularly played Gaelic football during his primary school days, came quite close to actually playing at Croke Park in an underage match before he switched schools.

"I guess I never though I would be playing rugby at Croke Park. I changed school when I was 12 and I acutally would have been involved in a Leinster final there had I not changed," he revealed. "Maybe I felt that was my best opportunity but when the talk arose that Ireland c

Comment

Working...
            X