What ball is to be used in the 6N?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What ball is to be used in the 6N?

Have Gilbert lost the contract? I ask because today's Examiner has 2 photos of Irish players (Riordan & ROG), training in St Gerards in Bray yesterday, using the Webb Ellis ball.
    Trust is good; control is better. V I Lenin.

Home teams choice,

Eng/Wales/Scot/Irl use a Gilbert

Italy use the Mitre

France.. dunno.. think Gilbert

opps sorry didn't read the post .. just the title...

maye we have changed or Wales have..

Comment

If they have changed it would be very sensible to train with the match ball. remember Italy a few years ago[img]smileys/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

apparently they are going to use an odd shaped ball. Its shaped a bit like a peanut but made of rubber. Like a squashed soccer ball. Yeh an oval ball thats it!

Comment

PWRMOORE, a couple of years ago Ireland DID train with the mitre ball ahead of the Italy game, ROG took full responsibility and said the ball was fine but his kicking was off.

Comment

Then during the summer when interviewed on the Lions tour he decided he hadn't actually had a bad game that day.[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
            Kiva - Loans That Change Lives

Comment

Does indeed look like it's the webb ellis (HEC) ball for the weekend. potential advantage (maybejust frompsychological point of view) to o gara???

Comment

WRU branded Webb-ellis ball on sale in the Munsterrugby store, so looks like thats the ball for Wales, IRFU branded one is still a Gilbert

Comment

Well spotted Robbie!

Sports Tonight still showed IRL training with the Webb Ellis ball, and ENG training with the Gilbert.

Looks like WE are getting aggressive in their sales and promotion.

I'm surprised that they're not backing this up with distribution tho - I haven't seen WE balls on sale anywhere.

Trust is good; control is better. V I Lenin.

Comment

Unless info fact;

From watching the games over the past weekends;

England,Scotland, Ireland using a Gilbert. Wales a Webb-ellis, Italy a Mitre and France have yet to play at home so don't know

Comment

Any chance of playing with a ball that Sgt. Wilko can't kick?

Comment

There are even some different models of the Gilbert Ball.....the version the English use is different to the Irish model

Comment

Working...
                        X