Irish Squad.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irish Squad.

@@@@SPAN lang=EN-IE style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma">Ireland@@@@/SPAN>@@@@SPAN lang=EN-IE style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma"> @@@@/SPAN>@@@@SPAN lang=EN-IE style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma">Rugby@@@@/SPAN>@@@@SPAN lang=EN-IE style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma"> Squad versus @@@@/SPAN>@@@@SPAN lang=EN-IE style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma">Wales@@@@/SPAN>
    @@@@SPAN lang=EN-IE style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma">@@@@/SPAN>
    @@@@SPAN lang=EN-IE style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma">Ireland@@@@/SPAN>@@@@SPAN lang=EN-IE style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma"> coach Eddie O’ Sullivan has named a 24 man squad from which the team and replacements to play @@@@/SPAN>@@@@SPAN lang=EN-IE style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma">Wales@@@@/SPAN>@@@@SPAN lang=EN-IE style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma"> in the opening game of the RBS Six Nations Championship will be selected.@@@@/SPAN>
    @@@@SPAN lang=EN-IE style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma">With concerns over Malcolm O’Kelly’s knee injury as well as slight calf strains for both Frankie Sheehan and Rory Best there are three hookers included in the squad as well as four second rows. @@@@/SPAN>
    @@@@SPAN lang=EN-IE style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma">Irish coach Eddie O’Sullivan said @@@@SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic">“Malcolm’s knee injury is still a concern for us and we have allowed some more time for it to respond further to treatment. Both Rory (Best) and Frankie (Sheehan) are carrying slight calf strains, so we have named three hookers to give us some back-up in that area”. @@@@/SPAN>@@@@/SPAN>
    @@@@SPAN lang=EN-IE style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma">The Ireland Squad from which the team and replacements to play Wales in the RBS Six Nations Championship in the Millennium stadium, Cardiff on Sunday 4<SUP>th</SUP> February 2007 at 15.00hrs is as follows – @@@@/SPAN>
    @@@@SPAN lang=EN-IE style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma">Ireland@@@@/SPAN>@@@@SPAN lang=EN-IE style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma"> Squad@@@@/SPAN>
    @@@@SPAN lang=EN-IE style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma">@@@@/SPAN>
    @@@@SPAN lang=EN-IE style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma">Forwards (14)@@@@/SPAN>
    @@@@SPAN lang=EN-IE style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMIL

MOD in front of Hogan.

Comment

Mal being out injured would do us all a favour....better still,if who ever comes in can play well from the bench and we dont have to see him again.....

Lets not forget the amount of tries he was costing last year...1 year on...its only going 1 way.....
      Seas suas agus troid!

Comment

Originally posted by RobbieG
        MOD in front of Hogan.

That was always going to be the way - MOD far more experienced. Is a little harsh on Hogan and I know Leinster fans will not be pleased but this is a big step up and one that MOD has made before relatively comfortably.S BestoverYoung seems a little more harsh in my opinion...has Young's form with Ulster dipped??

Comment

Looks Weak

Comment

of the three hookers I presume Frankie will be dropped if R.Best comes through OK?
            The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
            - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

Young's form hasn't dropped for Ulster, Best has been average though. I'm a bit surprised at this as i genuinely thought that Young would have been pushing Horan for LH never mind not getting into the squad.

I'd have rather seen Hogan ahead of MOD but to be fair Hogan didn't play in the Autumn and MOD has test experience so i suppose that's why he has got the nod.

Comment

Young does sweet FA around the pitch. Ulsters worst forward IMHO.

My computer thinks I'm gay
                What's the difference anyway
                When all the people do all day
                Is stare into a phone

Comment

Harsh on Hogan, MOD has been playing poorly this season (even before the injury) and Hogan has upped his game considerably.
                  Kiva - Loans That Change Lives

Comment

Backrow out of Best, Wally, Leamy and Easterby only........... 'cause MOD is no backrow..... One of those Hookers need to be dropped.....
                    He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Delighted for MOD-he`s the third best SR we have. I`d like to see Fla on bench for Wales game with a view to starting game 3.

Comment

On form I thought Hogan deserved a chance. MOD gets in on his experience I guess. I think Hogan would be abetter impact sub though.

Not surprised to see Best ahead of Young but neither have been great lately IMO. We need somebody else to come through somewhere. Shame Bracken is wasting away at Wasps.

I'd say Frankie will be dropped if Best is fit and that's as it should be.

Comment

No Heaslip nor Gleeson either.

I'd have thought they were very unlucky not to be included.

Comment

Heaslip especially as Leamy has been off form of late.
                            The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
                            - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

Originally posted by Dermot G
                              No Heaslip nor Gleeson either.

I'd have thought they were very unlucky not to be included.

WUM [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img].
                              My computer thinks I'm gay
                              What's the difference anyway
                              When all the people do all day
                              Is stare into a phone

Comment

Working...
                              X