Tickets for 6Nations Games

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tickets for 6Nations Games

Interesting news on Irishrugby supporters website!

RBS 6 Nations Ticket Sale
    Member Update

www.IrishRugby.ie
    by Editor

The tickets which went on sale to members last week sold out in a record time.

Long standing members who were eligible for the Ticket Renewal Offer for a ticket against France were able to purchase that ticket on Tuesday and Wednesday ahead of the main sale to members.

The main sale went ahead on Thursday.

The absence of the pre-purchase password "croke" for some members was an error in the Ticketmaster system.

The tickets sold out in record time.

Post Purchase verification of all tickets against the membership database is ongoing. Members may receive a telephone call from Ticketmaster asking them to verify their membership details as part of the post purchase verification.

Any tickets that come back to the club as a result of this detailed check will be made available to members through a ticket ballot competition.

Details of this ticket ballot will be announced by email and on the site once full verification is complete.

It is important to note that no tickets have been sent to members at this time.

So it was TM that mucked up, not the IRFU!!

I didn't get a chance to get them because the website couldn't handle the traffic so hopefully I'll get another chance...
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by SecondRowGal

I didn't get a chance to get them because the website couldn't handle the traffic so hopefully I'll get another chance...

Twas the IRFU, they're just blaming everyone else but themselves!!!
      "Strike me flamin' handsome!!!" - Alf Stewart

His body is only a fuel tank for his micky - a work colleague talking about a fella he knows.

Comment

Password excuse means f**k all, anybody could have still got the password IRSC member or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Webb_Ellis
          Any tickets that come back to the club as a result of this detailed check will be made available to members through a ticket ballot competition. </font></font>

Details of this ticket ballot will be announced by email and on the site once full verification is complete.</font></font>
          Ok, I'd like to change my answer - I hope loadsa non-members have (tried to) buy tickets! [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

I can see it now, the next article on the IRSC site: "New tickets available! Join up now!" [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
          Munster - Incessant Perfervidity
          "Ireland Will Choke" - Jeremy Guscott

Comment

Originally posted by Ellethebod

I would have thought so too, Elle, but there is the issue of libel if they blame TM and it wasn't their fault so I would say it was TM that mucked up. Not that the IRFU aren't perfectly capable of mucking up on their own, mind!!
            The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Ellethebod

Some key points:

1. I don't think the IRSC actually said that members would have to enter username/password. Likewise, I have no idea what the "croke" thing was in aid of but it wouldn't have prevented a non-member accessing the tickets if they had got the e-mail.

2. The only way non-members could have got the link was from members.

3. No tickets have been issued yet.

4. Maybe, just maybe they are doing what they're saying and checking the tickets purchased against their member database [img]smileys/rolleyes.gif[/img]

5. Maybe, just maybe, the tickets were like those for a U2 concert, with demand (through members only) greatly exceeding supply and they sold out in minutes.
              \"This year is different because this year they won\'t beat snow off a rope. They\'ll revert back to type and get 6 shades of s**t bate out of them in the group stages of the HEC ...\" Tobyglen 21 Sept 2010

Comment

Sorry but I still blame TM.....

Comment

This password process is a load of b****x cos it's open to all sorts of abuse.

The IRSC simply needs to have a lottery of all members who request two tickets and thensend two to each of the lucky winners (at full price obviously). It does not need to be done through ticketmaster, it only leaves the whole thing vulnerable to cock ups.

Comment

if ticketmaster had a list of members email addresses then that and the password would have been reasonable protection once someone else didnt get the list of emails
                    "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy
                      The IRSC simply needs to have a lottery of all members who request two tickets and thensend two to each of the lucky winners (at full price obviously). It does not need to be done through ticketmaster, it only leaves the whole thing vulnerable to cock ups.
                      Amazed that the IRFU have still this notion that 2 tickets should be given under any of these schemes. Is it not enough for each member to get 1 ticket each. Our Club to ensure that the tickets are made available to as many players/coaches/advisers/sponsors and supporters will only give 1 ticket per person.

Comment

Tickets for the England game next year in Twickenham will be hard to get,the local club wont have any, only tickets for the home games,does anyone know where I could buy face value tickets through another club or otherwise,have 4 flights booked so fingers crossed
                        To Dare Is To Do!!

Comment

tickets for 6nations game v France on sale now as a package of 4 games €224,Ireland,Samoa,Italy and England v France,seem to be trying to flog the Samoa game as it can also be bought separately
                          To Dare Is To Do!!

Comment

Where can you purchase these tickets, can't see them on ticketmaster ?

Comment

ticknet.fr and francebillet.com - it's a 4 match French pack, unless you live in France, don't buy it, individual matches will come on stream later.
                              \"This year is different because this year they won\'t beat snow off a rope. They\'ll revert back to type and get 6 shades of s**t bate out of them in the group stages of the HEC ...\" Tobyglen 21 Sept 2010

Comment

Working...
                              X