A letter to Barry (IRSC)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A letter to Barry (IRSC)

This is a copy of the email that I've just sent to Barry Cunningham (& cc'd to Mick Cahill at Ticketmaster)who runs the IRSC. Sorry, forgive me I do realise that there is a debate about this on another thread, but I wanted to urge other members to put their feeling's in writing to the IRFU. Also the newspapers/ radio stations (Gerry Ryan, Matt Cooper etc)if you see fit. I've spent the whole day fuming over this today at work & I really need to vent my spleen. It may not achieve much but at least they'll realise that people are not just going to bend over and take this type of sheeet up the tradesman's
    <DIV>Dear Barry</DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>As someone who actually got a ticket because we were part of the original group who joined the club. I must say I am appalled at the fiasco that took place today. You're probably a decent guy Barry, but I'm disgusted with the club and the IRFU's tactic of saying nothing and keeping their heads down &amp; thus basically treating the members of the so called clublike s... . No transparency, No statement about the number of members, no mention of how many tickets would be available. No Security! and an erroneous statement on the website saying that all applications were screened. Rubbish. We all know ofpeople who were successful todaywho are not club members.</DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>An apology is what was called for, a sincere apology and you could learn a lot from the professionalism of the Munster Rugby Supporters Club. I'd urge you to enter the forum on www.munsterfans.com to read the dozenpages of complaints (from Munster &amp; Leinster rugby fans)about this morning's fiasco &amp; I daresay that thelady answering the phones todayat the IRFU will not thank you either.</DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>As they say, once bitten twice shy. I doubt you will be seeing either my wife and I renew our membership, which is personally disappointing. I thought when this club started it would be the start of something really good and needed. It has now been reduced sadly to an effort to extract money from punters with very little back. I wrote last year to Damien about the need for some sort of weighting for long-term members, wegot no tickets in another so called lottery for the Welsh and Scottish games, I'd have thought been in the first 500 or so people to join a club that now numbers in the thousands, that at least a singleticketto"support" the Irish team was not beyond the realms of the club's possibilty.Instead things have got worse, non-members getting tickets and tickets now going on ebay, that's simplya disgrace.</DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>As an associate member of the MRSC I have no ticket entitlement for games, yet this club make endless efforts to keep us involved and do all they can to seek extra tickets. As a result we are never left feeling hard done by. What have we got from your club...Just a big disappointment (&amp; bear in mind Ithis is a letter from someone who did geta ticket for the France game) You may feel, what more do you want? A fair and equitable structure and a real club that isn't just a finacial exercise for the IRFU.</DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>Sincerely</DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    Con Artist

<!-
    var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
    var SymReal;

Sym()
    {
    window.open = SymWinOpen;
    if(SymReal != null)
    SymReal();
    }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
    {
    if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
    SymReal&#079;nLoad();
    window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
    SymReal = window.;
    window. = Sym;
    }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
    window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->

well done Valencia

The Source for this post is The Internet

Comment

very good Valencia. Lets see how thye respond to that (the same reply they've been sending all day I'd say)
      "Strike me flamin' handsome!!!" - Alf Stewart

His body is only a fuel tank for his micky - a work colleague talking about a fella he knows.

Comment

great stuff valencia<!-
        var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
        var SymReal;

Sym()
        {
        window.open = SymWinOpen;
        if(SymReal != null)
        SymReal();
        }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
        {
        if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
        SymReal&#079;nLoad();
        window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
        SymReal = window.;
        window. = Sym;
        }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
        window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->

Comment

know I'll get shag all answer, but had to get it off my chest
          Con Artist

Comment

you should send it to the press too Valencia. Seriously. i think we all should.

His body is only a fuel tank for his micky - a work colleague talking about a fella he knows.

Comment

bula bos to that V
              Frank the Tank is not coming back. OK? That part of me is over, water under the bridge.

Comment

english wasn't my best subject in school so i don't think i'd write as good a letter as yours Valencia but I'm gonna give it a go and send it to whoever.

Comment

Fair f-ks valencia and very well written. I wouldn't hold my breath for anything like a satisfactory response though. A workmate of mine emailed BC earlier to complain and just got a bog-standard response similar to mick lyon's out of office reply posted on another thread. When he enquired further as to the number of members and tickets as you did, all he was told was that both figures were "in their thousands". I predict that all that will happen over the next few days is that BC and the rest of his cronies in the supporters club will stick their heads in the sand and hope that the weekends H cup games will provide some sort of controvery thereby deflecting attention away from today's fiasco.

If you do manage to geta reply, please be sure to post here.

Comment

I won't be holding my breath cling cling that's for sure. To be fair to Barry Cunningham he had always been prompt in his replies to any quieres. I'm just deeply suspicious of the motives of this club and as you can see seriously annoyed at being left tapping at a screen for 40 mins, getting increasingly frustrated.

By the way Laz, Spanish is far superior to English in it's ways to say "I'm Not Happy" [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
                    Con Artist

Comment

nice one Valencia but I think it'll make little difference. If they really gave a damn they would have done it properly first time round. It can't be difficult to find out what the best practise is for ticket distribution through supporters clubs

Comment

Good one fire that email off to the newspapers as well and radio.
                        Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Originally posted by scourge
                          nice one Valencia but I think it'll make little difference. If they really gave a damn they would have done it properly first time round. It can't be difficult to find out what the best practise is for ticket distribution through supporters clubs

They should look at MRSC for best practice Scourge and Absolutely it'll make no difference and they don't give a damn but why be silent
                          Con Artist

Comment

He will just reply that the purpose of the club is not justto get tickets...

Thats all I've managed to get out of him [img]smileys/sad.gif[/img]
                            The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
                            - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

Originally posted by Upfront_1979

He will just reply that the purpose of the club is not justto get tickets...

Thats all I've managed to get out of him [img]smileys/sad.gif[/img]

Supporters want to go and support. Is there really anyone who can hand on heart say that they did not join with the intention of securing some tickets?
                              Con Artist

Comment

Working...
                              X