Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IRB Rankings

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Nice promo for Ireland 2023
    http://www.irishrugby.ie/ireland2023
    clowns

    Comment


      Third in the world baby..

      https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rug...ings-1.3307269
      Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

      Comment


        England up to 3rd after their win last weekend, push Wales down to 4th, even though they won in Paris, France's low ranking didn't help them as they slide to 10th.

        https://www.world.rugby/rankings/mru?lang=en
        Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

        Comment


          The sooner Ireland are no longer ranked 2nd in the world the better imho. Our media, rugby public and perhaps even players cannot handle being rated so highly imho. In truth a lot of our ranking is based on playing jaded , 2nd string Southern Hemisphere squads in November. I do not believe Ireland are the 2nd best side in the world, NZ, SA and Eng are better than them imho and Aus, Wales and Argentina could beat them every other day. Even France could turn them over e.g. Paris last year, so in truth we're about middle of a chasing pack tryiing to catch up with NZ imho....
          ____________________________________________
          Munster were great when they were Munster.

          alas they are just north munster now.......
          ____________________________________________

          Comment


            Originally posted by Daithi View Post
            The sooner Ireland are no longer ranked 2nd in the world the better imho. Our media, rugby public and perhaps even players cannot handle being rated so highly imho. In truth a lot of our ranking is based on playing jaded , 2nd string Southern Hemisphere squads in November. I do not believe Ireland are the 2nd best side in the world, NZ, SA and Eng are better than them imho and Aus, Wales and Argentina could beat them every other day. Even France could turn them over e.g. Paris last year, so in truth we're about middle of a chasing pack tryiing to catch up with NZ imho....

            The rankings don't lie except under unusual circumstances like Georgia being ranked ahead of Italy even though Italy are clearly better.


            A weakened Ireland won a series in Australia last summer. They beat NZ 2 out of the last 3 matches. They beat England away last year fairly comfortably.


            One bad defeat doesn't tell us much. Let's see how they go in the next 4 matches to get a more accurate idea of where Ireland stand.


            I disagree about the players not being able to handle being ranked second. I've talked about the mental side of the game for years and this island side has a new breed of player who believe they can beat anyone. The problem last week against England is they were probably over confident!


            The media are a different matter. They completely lost the run of themselves in the run up to the England game and over the last year in general. All the talk about this player and that player being the best in the world and Schmidt being the best coach in the world was cringy to put it mildly.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Daithi View Post
              The sooner Ireland are no longer ranked 2nd in the world the better imho. Our media, rugby public and perhaps even players cannot handle being rated so highly imho. In truth a lot of our ranking is based on playing jaded , 2nd string Southern Hemisphere squads in November. I do not believe Ireland are the 2nd best side in the world, NZ, SA and Eng are better than them imho and Aus, Wales and Argentina could beat them every other day. Even France could turn them over e.g. Paris last year, so in truth we're about middle of a chasing pack tryiing to catch up with NZ imho....
              Thats crazy. Our media and some of the public cant but thinking like that just shows up our insecurities.
              I dont think it is based on playing jaded(not really), second string(not at all) southern hemisphere sides.
              I wouldnt put all 3 of NZ, SA and England better than us or say that those sides, Aus etc, could beat us every other day.
              We're not that far behind NZ

              Comment


                That's rubbish daithi I think we are still deserving of 2nd place. England had one glory performance and that was against us

                Comment


                  Originally posted by lystorugby View Post
                  That's rubbish daithi I think we are still deserving of 2nd place. England had one glory performance and that was against us
                  Make that two glorious performances, counting. England are a far better side than Ireland currently.

                  Zealand are also better and probably SA also....

                  ​​​​​Wales v Ireland will be a tight game this 6Ns, I really hope Ireland haven't already peaked...
                  Last edited by Daithi; 10th-February-2019, 16:48.
                  ____________________________________________
                  Munster were great when they were Munster.

                  alas they are just north munster now.......
                  ____________________________________________

                  Comment


                    If the Vunipolas, Tuilagi and Farrell are fit, Eng will be strong contenders at the world cup.

                    Comment


                      Ireland are in a blip period hopefully they can recover

                      Comment


                        How are South Africa better they are rebuilding

                        Comment


                          Wales back up to 3rd, Eng 4th, we stay at 2nd, France up to 8th, Kenya up 1 to 31st
                          Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

                          Comment


                            Down to 4th, while Wales back up to 2nd.
                            Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

                            Comment


                              QUOTE=Daithi;n2558523]The sooner Ireland are no longer ranked 2nd in the world the better imho. Our media, rugby public and perhaps even players cannot handle being rated so highly imho. In truth a lot of our ranking is based on playing jaded , 2nd string Southern Hemisphere squads in November. I do not believe Ireland are the 2nd best side in the world, NZ, SA and Eng are better than them imho and Aus, Wales and Argentina could beat them every other day. Even France could turn them over e.g. Paris last year, so in truth we're about middle of a chasing pack tryiing to catch up with NZ imho....[/QUOTE]



                              Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
                              Thats crazy. Our media and some of the public cant but thinking like that just shows up our insecurities.
                              I dont think it is based on playing jaded(not really), second string(not at all) southern hemisphere sides.
                              I wouldnt put all 3 of NZ, SA and England better than us or say that those sides, Aus etc, could beat us every other day.
                              We're not that far behind NZ
                              My opinion of Ireland as well below their previously inflated world ranking ain't looking so "crazy" now!?

                              Is it 'Ormond Lad' hey!? ;)

                              P.s. that february 2019 opinion of mine isn't looking like 'rubbish ' either Lystorugby, hey!?!

                              P.p s. Acknowledgements on a postcard please to #TryDebatingRespectfullyWithoutUsingPrejoritivesIn Future#

                              Btw, no 'crazy' or 'rubbish' labellers need apply :)))))
                              Last edited by Daithi; 10th-October-2019, 06:09.
                              ____________________________________________
                              Munster were great when they were Munster.

                              alas they are just north munster now.......
                              ____________________________________________

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Daithi View Post





                                My opinion of Ireland as well below their previously inflated world ranking ain't looking so "crazy" now!?

                                Is it 'Ormond Lad' hey!? ;)

                                P.s. that february 2019 opinion of mine isn't looking like 'rubbish ' either Lystorugby, hey!?!

                                P.p s. Acknowledgements on a postcard please to #TryDebatingRespectfullyWithoutUsingPrejoritivesIn Future#

                                Btw, no 'crazy' or 'rubbish' labellers need apply :)))))
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOzNsQyamvk

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X