• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cathalsmart View Post
    Fiji won't be in pot 3,
    New Zealand, England, Australia, Ireland
    Scotland, France, South Africa, Wales
    Argentina, Italy, Japan, Georgia

Fiji will be in pot 4 at best.
    Sorry you're right. Fiji will be ahead of several of those countries in rankings but as they didnt qualify automatically they're only going to be pot 4/5

Comment

Fiji won't be in pot 3,

I realise it's no surprise, but look at that Top 4 in the world!! a small player base, four teams, emerging from financial disaster- take a bow, players, management, and supporters. [and now let's keep driving forward]

Comment

Where does Romanias win place them?
        The problem with this world is there are too many snakes... and not enough Ladders!
        Originally posted by joconnell
        If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by deadlyBuzz View Post
          Where does Romanias win place them?
          16th.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post
            I realise it's no surprise, but look at that Top 4 in the world!! a small player base, four teams, emerging from financial disaster- take a bow, players, management, and supporters. [and now let's keep driving forward]
            don't worry we always do this between world cups, but we still wont make a semi final
            Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

So Ireland could land in a pool with South-Africa, Argentina, and Fiji?

Comment

Fiji won't be in pot 3,

Anyone for SA, Argentina and Fiji?

Sorry Chrizzie, similar lines and all that...
                Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Sad to say it but I think South Africa might struggle to arrest their decline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by scotscor View Post
                    don't worry we always do this between world cups, but we still wont make a semi final
                    I realise we were there before the last World Cup- but before that? I think we have more strength in depth now, or soon have, if we use the Japan tour to blood players, rather than give a last hurrah for those who won't be playing by the next wc. Despite a patchy 6N I think we are in a good place, but no time to rest on our laurels (which maybe we did coming into the 6N).

Comment

I realise we were there before the last World Cup- but before that? I think we have more strength in depth now, or soon have, if we use the Japan tour to blood players, rather than give a last hurrah for those who won't be playing by the next wc. Despite a patchy 6N I think we are in a good place, but no time to rest on our laurels (which maybe we did coming into the 6N).
                      I remember the same being said of the 2013 tour to America/Canada.

Those already established (>10 caps): Best, Cronin, Court, Ross, McCarthy, OMahony, Boss, McFadden, Trimble
                      Those blooded on tour (<10 caps) who also went to RWC: Strauss, Toner, Henry, Jackson, Madigan, Cave, Zebo, Henshaw
                      Those blooded on tour and now regulars but missed RWC: Henderson, Marmion
                      Those blooded on tour and now in regular extended squads: Kilcoyne, ODonnell
                      Those blooded on tour who didn't kick on for whatever reason: Sherry, Fitzpatrick, Hagan, Tuohy, McLoughlin, PMarshall, Olding, Jones

Comment

Interesting analysis Garryowen. Arguably harsh on:
                        - Jones who was featuring quite a lot for Ireland before injury
                        - Olding who has been injured, did well in South Africa and whose time might come again with Henshaw elsewhere - esp if JS wants to try a second playmaker at 12; interesting to see how much and how well he plays at #10 and/or #12 for Ulster this Spring

Comment

Originally posted by garryowen2323 View Post
                          I remember the same being said of the 2013 tour to America/Canada.

Those already established (>10 caps): Best, Cronin, Court, Ross, McCarthy, OMahony, Boss, McFadden, Trimble
                          Those blooded on tour (<10 caps) who also went to RWC: Strauss, Toner, Henry, Jackson, Madigan, Cave, Zebo, Henshaw
                          Those blooded on tour and now regulars but missed RWC: Henderson, Marmion
                          Those blooded on tour and now in regular extended squads: Kilcoyne, ODonnell
                          Those blooded on tour who didn't kick on for whatever reason: Sherry, Fitzpatrick, Hagan, Tuohy, McLoughlin, PMarshall, Olding, Jones
                          Thanks - great data, I think the squad will be stronger, again an indication of solid progress.

Comment

We've actually got a higher number of registered players than NZ & Australia incase you didn't know :)

Comment

Originally posted by coolbawn View Post
                              Interesting analysis Garryowen. Arguably harsh on:
                              - Jones who was featuring quite a lot for Ireland before injury
                              - Olding who has been injured, did well in South Africa and whose time might come again with Henshaw elsewhere - esp if JS wants to try a second playmaker at 12; interesting to see how much and how well he plays at #10 and/or #12 for Ulster this Spring
                              Sorry I didn't mean to come across as harsh at all. Just meant they didn't make the RWC squad 2 years later nor are they currently playing for various reasons. Many of them still had fine careers. Some didn't progress due to better players breaking through at crucial times, others fell foul of injury (I'd have Felix in both these categories) and some just peaked and weren't able to reach a higher level.

Comment

We've actually got a higher number of registered players than NZ & Australia incase you didn't know :)
                                The IRB figures on Wikipedia for senior males do not seem to be consistent with your claim, but thanks for the smiley.

Comment

Working...
                                X