No announcement yet.

2019 RWC draw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Rugby Europe meeting to discuss the Belgium Spain game etc has been put back till next week to gather more information.

Comment

Originally posted by neill_m View Post
      The Rugby Europe meeting to discuss the Belgium Spain game etc has been put back till next week to gather more information.
      Dragging it out a bit aren't they?

Comment

Originally posted by Murillo View Post
        Dragging it out a bit aren't they?
        There are questions over player eligibility with several sides (Romania, Belgium and maybe Spain). More checks needed.

Comment

Ben Coles‏ @bencoles_

World Rugby wanted Belgium-Spain to be replayed. Player eligibility issues however have meant an independent review has been set up to go through all the potential cases. Separate judicial panel handling Spain's conduct at the final whistle.

Comment

Very messy, and lots of lessons for Rugby Europe & World Rugby regarding the allocation and involvement of referees.

Comment

Not surprised by how serious this is being treated. This is a match fixing investigation. Surprised the term isn't being used in media. The replay would have been a nice out for World Rugby. As I said above, this is an allegation of a governing body fixing a match. I'd say World Rugby are extremely worried

Comment

Originally posted by EarlyRetirement View Post
                Not surprised by how serious this is being treated. This is a match fixing investigation. Surprised the term isn't being used in media. The replay would have been a nice out for World Rugby. As I said above, this is an allegation of a governing body fixing a match. I'd say World Rugby are extremely worried
                I don't think that has been alleged. As you say, it would be extremely serious. I agree that Rugby Europe can be accused of very stupid referee allocation, but would not stretch the accusation any further. As we saw before the England-Ireland match, the governing bodies can be very stupid when it comes to maintaining total referee independence.

Comment

You do know that the President of rugby Europe is Romanian right? And he is the one who turned down the Spanish request for an independent referee?

This one is going to run and run and according to a few sources is the tip of a very turd shaped iceberg.
                  Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Originally posted by neill_m View Post
                    Ben Coles‏ @bencoles_

World Rugby wanted Belgium-Spain to be replayed. Player eligibility issues however have meant an independent review has been set up to go through all the potential cases. Separate judicial panel handling Spain's conduct at the final whistle.
                    Can we get the Ireland France 2007 game replayed please... I had a few problems with Steve Walshs refereeing..

this is a joke..
                    He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Originally posted by i_like_cake View Post
                      Can we get the Ireland France 2007 game replayed please... I had a few problems with Steve Walshs refereeing..

this is a joke..
                      Ah yeah so World Rugby who have looked into the issue, gathered facts, spoken to those involved decide that the game should be replayed but you who has done none of the above get to call it "a joke". Go on away to Twitter. Condemning people without the facts is par of the course there.

If you even bothered to look at what's in the public domain and watched the clips of the game available you would at least get a snippet of why this game is being replayed.

Comment

Man, I live in Spain.. I wanted Spain to win.. Going to Japan to see Ireland and Spain play would have been awesome... I know a hell of a lot more about what happened than you probably think considering I hang out with a few ex internationals here.

Replaying games isn´t the way.
                        He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Grabs popcorn
                          Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

Man, I live in Spain.. I wanted Spain to win.. Going to Japan to see Ireland and Spain play would have been awesome... I know a hell of a lot more about what happened than you probably think considering I hang out with a few ex internationals here.

Replaying games isn´t the way.
                            What would be the correct solution?

Comment

I don´t know.. but replaying games sets a dangerous precedent. Spain were bad that day, the referee was aslo an utter ghoulbag.

World rugby seems to be looking to rectify the situation by looking at ineligible players by Belgium. But Spain might not like that magnifying glass too close either.

Comment

I don´t know.. but replaying games sets a dangerous precedent. Spain were bad that day, the referee was aslo an utter ghoulbag.

World rugby seems to be looking to rectify the situation by looking at ineligible players by Belgium. But Spain might not like that magnifying glass too close either.
                                Does it set a bad precedent considering the circumstances of appointment of ref who shouldnt have been appointed?

Comment

Working...
                                X