Wuddled Cup Final: Australia V Not Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Viigand View Post
    Rob Penney tried that, but people seemed to prefer 'traditional Munster values'.
    A very salient point
    Marty in the Morning

Comment

Have just managed to watch this match properly. Apologies if this has already been discussed but I think Nonu's was the finest performance I have ever watched from a centre. With ball in tight he broke every gainline he hit, when fellas ran at him he drove every one of them backwards, he was a menace at breakdowns (in perhaps the best contested breakdown battle ever seen), he got offloads away and then scored one of the all time world cup final tries.

Retallick, Kaino, McCaw, A.Smith, Carter, C.Smith and the two wingers were magnificent. But Nonu was beyond world class. He looked like Mafi, Tipoki and Davie Wallace all rolled into one.

Comment

Nice story today in the Indo, sonny bill, Carter, Kanu, nonu and some others went to Jerry Collins grave and brought the cup with them. Had a lump in my throat reading it.
        Seems JC when found in the car was in a position where he was protecting his daughter.
        psychoanalysis is wasted on the Irish; Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by diarm View Post
          Have just managed to watch this match properly. Apologies if this has already been discussed but I think Nonu's was the finest performance I have ever watched from a centre. With ball in tight he broke every gainline he hit, when fellas ran at him he drove every one of them backwards, he was a menace at breakdowns (in perhaps the best contested breakdown battle ever seen), he got offloads away and then scored one of the all time world cup final tries.

Retallick, Kaino, McCaw, A.Smith, Carter, C.Smith and the two wingers were magnificent. But Nonu was beyond world class. He looked like Mafi, Tipoki and Davie Wallace all rolled into one.
          You're in good company Gordon Darcy said as much in yesterday's IT in a very good piece analysing how NZ won.

Also if you like watching a great centre three quarter at work , watch the NZ France match again, Ma Nonu was simply outstanding. every time he touched the ball he created something, I was at the game and his was best game from centre I've ever had the pleasure of witnessing. All the more impressive since he has developed his game from a one dimensional strike runner to a player who can run direct, swerve, pass, dummy& draw equally as well, an amazing player.

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

Originally posted by Daithi View Post
            All the more impressive since he has developed his game from a one dimensional strike runner to a player who can run direct, swerve, pass, dummy& draw equally as well, an amazing player.
            Most impressive for me is how much work he's put into his kicking game.

Also the same with Savea in fairness. He's mastered the chip and chase down the left sideline over the past 2/3 years.

Comment

Working...
            X