Wuddled Cup Final: Australia V Not Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post
    You mean picking monsters and gym bunnies to play at kids level doesn't automatically produce great adult players?
    Surprisingly not. Who knew?

Well, apart from the local evidence of (especially Leinster, sorry, but it is) schools rugby. But I digress.

Actually, no, I don't. We need to emphasise skill much more from much younger.
    Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

Hard to know if he's building a great team or he just cobbled together a really good one for the cup. Giteau and Mitchell will be gone now, and I can't imagine the likes of Beale still being around in a year's time. He's managed to pull out a gem in Foley, but there's still a huge job to be done there.
      He's got to fill the voids of AAC, Gits and Mitchell granted but he'll build a great team around Kane Douglas.
      The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

A wonderful final and people still complaining. I shouldn't be surprised I suppose
        My computer thinks I'm gay
        What's the difference anyway
        When all the people do all day
        Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
          He's got to fill the voids of AAC, Gits and Mitchell granted but he'll build a great team around Kane Douglas.
          Think Beale may stay, now. He was bloody good tonight.
          Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomond78 View Post
            Think Beale may stay, now. He was bloody good tonight.
            As long as he can be kept on the straight and narrow he's an excellent player.
            The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Surprisingly not. Who knew?

Well, apart from the local evidence of (especially Leinster, sorry, but it is) schools rugby. But I digress.

Actually, no, I don't. We need to emphasise skill much more from much younger.
              I think we do better than most of our NH chums in that regard but we've still a long way to go. Even Wales are looking to bring through monsters at youth level now - thank you, Warren.

Comment

The ABs didn't use Nonu as a decoy, they used him!

The aim is that everyone have the basics so perfect everyone can draw, pass and support, everywhere. A rigid system can be broken; what you saw in that first try was just basic rugby done to perfection. Draw, pass, support - and finish.
                Absolutely. It's what's made Smith one of the best centres NZ have ever had. He's made a career out of doing the basics perfectly, at the right time, week in, week out. That try is him in a nutshell. An awful lot of international 13s would have gone for the line themselves after making that break. Not Smith. Looked for support, found it, try time.

What a player.

Comment

I think we do better than most of our NH chums in that regard but we've still a long way to go. Even Wales are looking to bring through monsters at youth level now - thank you, Warren.
                  Personally I believe it fair to state that them kiwis are producing players of monstrous girth and with dexterity too. Vision is a given, perfect practice makes for performance most excellent.
                  Gwan Joe!!

Comment

The ABs didn't use Nonu as a decoy, they used him!

The aim is that everyone have the basics so perfect everyone can draw, pass and support, everywhere. A rigid system can be broken; what you saw in that first try was just basic rugby done to perfection. Draw, pass, support - and finish.
                    A game, set and match sort of a scenario, every time.
                    Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by sewa View Post
                      A wonderful final and people still complaining. I shouldn't be surprised I suppose
                      Ahem :)) funny man Darcy.

I see you didn't get honours in self awareness either!! :-)

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

Originally posted by Daithi View Post
                        Ahem :)) funny man Darcy.

I see you didn't get honours in self awareness either!! :-)
                        No idea what you are on about, then again at least you kept a post short and concise for once
                        My computer thinks I'm gay
                        What's the difference anyway
                        When all the people do all day
                        Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by Stringer9 View Post
                          SBW gave his medal to a kid from New Zealand.

Look how thrilled he looks.
                          Got to love this game.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12713[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12712[/ATTACH]

Wow. such a class act.

Click image for larger version

Name:	clapping.gif
Views:	1
Size:	841.2 KB
ID:	2486432

Comment

I thought Stephen Moore was a credit to the sport as well. No equivocation just congratulations to the victors.

Comment

IMO Dan Carter has been astonishing for NZ in the winning of this World Cup. That drop goal today was astonishing in terms of importance, especially at the time it came. What a player.
                              "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                              Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Originally posted by blackwarrior View Post
                                IMO Dan Carter has been astonishing for NZ in the winning of this World Cup. That drop goal today was astonishing in terms of importance, especially at the time it came. What a player.
                                I am not even sure it was a called play, he just stepped and nailed it. A great drop goal.

Comment

Working...
                                X