Wuddled Cup Final: Australia V Not Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thomond78 View Post
    There was a penalty advantage given. You might note the TMO didn't see it as anything further, if even that. Pocock put his boot on McCaw's face, and that was left go. The Aussies have no complaint.
    At the time the Aussies felt they had the right to complain about it, as did two world cup winners for England.
    I've already said the Abs completely derserved their win.
    Not sure why anyone cares about it anymore apart from you.

Comment

SBW gave his medal to a kid from New Zealand.

Look how thrilled he looks.
      Got to love this game.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CSqwlOlWoAEfSqN.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	2486431

Click image for larger version

Name:	11250208_817253918385051_7265275118816452010_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	2486430
      Last edited by Stringer9; 31st-October-2015, 18:18.
      The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

Originally posted by kahalui View Post
        At the time the Aussies felt they had the right to complain about it, as did two world cup winners for England.
        I've already said the Abs completely derserved their win.
        Not sure why anyone cares about it anymore apart from you.
        Funnily, you saw fit to keep moaning even when it was pointed out Nigel did see it, referred it while keeping the game going and, when the TMO wasn't calling a card, played on when the Aussies had NZ on the back foot. If memory serves, they scored a try at the end of that phase. Nigel was right.
        Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

Funnily, you saw fit to keep moaning even when it was pointed out Nigel did see it, referred it while keeping the game going and, when the TMO wasn't calling a card, played on when the Aussies had NZ on the back foot. If memory serves, they scored a try at the end of that phase. Nigel was right.
          I wasn't moaning about anything. That's what you tend to do on here a lot, not me.

Comment

I wasn't moaning about anything. That's what you tend to do on here a lot, not me.
            No, you're the only one keeping it alive.
            "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
              Aus were left to lie all over the place as well. Thought Nig was a bit nervy and didn't have his greatest game but it didn't even get close to affecting the result.
              Yeah, he may not have had his best game, but he wasn't half bad either imho. His communication and feel for the flow of t the game is really a class apart from any other ref in the game. He's a real players ref in that u know exactly where you stand with him& if you foul inconsequentially he'll verbally let you k now for future reference. That's great refereeing and great g game management. Having said all that he's only human and I agree with Kahlui, I thought he missed the high tackle and then played way too short an advantage which turned out to be no such thing. Also Wayne Barnes messed up royally (I know, never!?) when he missed a blatant forward pass right in front of him out on the wing in the lead up to one of the kiwis scores. Poor touch judging by wb there. But overall the best team won a great match, and I thought any officiating errors (which proudly slightly favoured NZ) did not affect the overall result, which is good and is a big improvement from the last WC final at least!! :-)
              Last edited by Daithi; 31st-October-2015, 18:29.

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

Best team won. Delighted for Carter. Some balls from Australia to come back from the dead but just couldn't get that decisive score to push on.

Cheika is building a great team. Some achievement given where they were 12-18 months ago.
                The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpasimpson View Post
                  No, you're the only one keeping it alive.
                  I was answering someone who quoted my post. I made my comments during the game and congratulated the best team when the game was over.

Thomond78 then came on here half an hour after FT to bring up one incident from the game, which, as I said, didn't even affect the final result.

I'll be careful in the future when I post about Nigels reffing just in case it offends someone.
                  Last edited by kahalui; 31st-October-2015, 18:35.

Comment

Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
                    Best team won. Delighted for Carter. Some balls from Australia to come back from the dead but just couldn't get that decisive score to push on.

Cheika is building a great team. Some achievement given where they were 12-18 months ago.
                    Hard to know if he's building a great team or he just cobbled together a really good one for the cup. Giteau and Mitchell will be gone now, and I can't imagine the likes of Beale still being around in a year's time. He's managed to pull out a gem in Foley, but there's still a huge job to be done there.

Comment

Overall, reiterating what another poster wrote, I thought this was a great final of a great tournament won by a truly great team.

Australia really were fantastically brave &r resourceful to stay in the game tbh, and looked like they had a bit of momentum with them in the middle of the second half, but NZ were clinical in the way they finished the game as well. Just awesome. Its just a privilege to witness players like Ma Nonu, Richie MCCaw & Dan Carter make the physically, brutal game of rugby union under pressure all look so effortless. That's Class.
                      Last edited by Daithi; 31st-October-2015, 18:39.

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

There was a lot of talk from the ITV lads after the game about how to emulate this current NZ side but there wasn't any mention of their similar dominance at underage level. Under20 world cup results (u19/u21 before that) for most international sides are very similar to those of their respective senior teams.

Comment

There was a lot of talk from the ITV lads after the game about how to emulate this current NZ side but there wasn't any mention of their similar dominance at underage level. Under20 world cup results (u19/u21 before that) for most international sides are very similar to those of their respective senior teams.
                          England sort of disprove that. Great underage, muck at adult.
                          Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

That's why I wrote 'most international sides'.

Comment

You mean picking monsters and gym bunnies to play at kids level doesn't automatically produce great adult players?

Comment

The English look to physically dominate at a younger age, putting a lot of focus on gym work and picking big lumps. Even at underage they're still not in NZs league.

Comment

Working...
                                X