• Show
Clear All

can't believe that call

Comment

Mental yellow card. Wayne may have just killed the game

Comment

Originally posted by CorcĂ­och View Post
        Ah stop would you.

You can't assume at poorer team of 15 players will have the same results as this Australia team by virtue of the tactics.

Tactics are one thing . .its the skill and ability of the players that determines their effectiveness.

The two are not separate.
        Are you for real?

The best players in the world can put in poor performances under a poor coach with poor tactics. Loads of us were calling us to get in the faces of the Argies before last weeks game. It was painfully obvious.

If they could have handwritten a gameplan for us to employ, it would have been passiveness at the contact area and drifting off them in defence. If you can't see how those decisions have huge impact on rugby matches, regardless of the talent on display then I don't know what else to say.

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
          Disgraceful yellow card. It wasn't even a f'cking penalty.
          I don't know, no arm tackle? Looked clear to me

Comment

Originally posted by diarm View Post
            Indeed, Pocock is immense and we wouldn't be making it look as easy as Australia did for the first 15 minutes. But the passiveness we started with last week and the way we stood off them in defence was absolute suicide. It made them look 25 points better than they were.

Their handling and skills last week made them look like world beaters but we were giving them 10 metres every time which built their confidence. It was a bit like giving a pre-2008 Leinster side a load of room to prance around the place. They looked majestic but once you stuck it up them they were flaky. The Argies wouldn't have beaten us in an arm wrestle last week as we saw for that 39 minute spell in the middle when we were actually at the races.
            I'd agree on the whole. Big question for me would be our ability to stop them in the tight. We were regularly outgunned there. But our passivity didn't help.
            "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Take Pocock, Hooper, Moore and Folau out of thisAussie side and they wouldn't look too clever.

Of course but thats not the point being made.

The point being made was had we played last week the same as Australia are this week we would have beaten Argentina.

Im am saying we wouldn't because we had a weak team last by comparison to this Australia team this week so we wouldn't have been able to do what they are doing. Back Row in particular.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Swanson View Post
                Plenty enough arm involved. Stupid from Barnes.

Comment

Plenty enough arm involved. Stupid from Barnes.
                  I disagree, but whatever

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Swanson View Post
                    I agree, definitely been given regularly as yellows there. No Creevy now against Hoop-Cock is asking too much
                    My computer thinks I'm gay
                    What's the difference anyway
                    When all the people do all day
                    Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by diarm View Post
                      Are you for real?

The best players in the world can put in poor performances under a poor coach with poor tactics. Loads of us were calling us to get in the faces of the Argies before last weeks game. It was painfully obvious.

If they could have handwritten a gameplan for us to employ, it would have been passiveness at the contact area and drifting off them in defence. If you can't see how those decisions have huge impact on rugby matches, regardless of the talent on display then I don't know what else to say.
                      Regardless of talent.

Do you really think a game plan can win the RWC in a team with no talent.

Can you not comprehend the difference between that back rows ability to execute a game plan and ours last week.

There is no comparison, game plan or no game plan.

You can have the greatest plan in the bloody world but if your inferior players are smashed off the ball at rucks and soundly beaten in every collision no game plan in the world makes a difference.

If it was all about a game plan a UBL team with a great coach could win the RWC - the couldn't.

Comment

Game over, pity really. Could have been a cracker if Argies had played bit smarter for first ten mins
                        My computer thinks I'm gay
                        What's the difference anyway
                        When all the people do all day
                        Is stare into a phone

Comment

Game over. Aussie backs are ****ing brilliant.
                          "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Argies murdering themselves here, I think they had their final last weekend.
                            "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

Giteau joins Foley with sheer skill, awareness and ability to create a try.

Comment

Giteau clearly had Zebo's pass on a loop before the match.

Comment

Working...
                                X