No announcement yet.

World Cup Semi Finals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is just showing how crap our drift defence tactic was.

A more aggressive defence and it would be us playing Oz today.

Comment

Originally posted by diarm View Post
      They're not as bad as they've been in the first few minutes but they're far from a great side. Australia are showing exactly what you need to do to counter the game they're trying to play. Had we gone out with the same tactics we'd have beaten them.
      No we wouldn't

The team we had with all our missing players is no where near the ability of the current Australia first 15.

Are you really trying to say our back row V Argentina is the same quality as this Australia one?

Adam Ashley Cooper is light years ahead of Dave Kearney. Id take Drew Mitchell over the current Bowe also. Folau is far better than Rob and I've never seen a pass from Madigan like the pass from Foley for that second try.

Comment

Amazing how limited Argentina are when when a defence actually comes up on them... WTF was Kiss thinking last week?

Comment

Line speed from Australia is relentless. And it turns out they don't like people running at them ball in hand. Wonder where we went wrong?
          "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Bosch was off his feet there

Comment

Imoff is on another planet there going off.

Comment

Originally posted by Corcíoch View Post
                No we wouldn't

The team we had with all our missing players is no where near the ability of the current Australia first 15.

Are you really trying to say our back row V Argentina is the same quality as this Australia one?

Adam Ashley Cooper is light years ahead of Dave Kearney. Id take Drew Mitchell over the current Bowe also. Folau is far better than Rob and I've never seen a pass from Madigan like the pass from Foley for that second try.
                Show me where I've come even close to saying our team had the same quality as this Australia one?

I said if we had gone out and looked to get in the faces of the Argentinians and force mistakes on their loose, high risk tactics, we'd have beaten them. I said nothing about Australia.

Comment

Foley saved that didn't he?

Comment

Show me where I've come even close to saying our team had the same quality as this Australia one?

I said if we had gone out and looked to get in the faces of the Argentinians and force mistakes on their loose, high risk tactics, we'd have beaten them. I said nothing about Australia.
                    Quality is important here though. The work Pocock in particular is doing means that Oz can keep numbers out, and then press instead of drifting. Our losses in the tight allowed them to create overlaps.
                    "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Ah stop would you.

You can't assume at poorer team of 15 players will have the same results as this Australia team by virtue of the tactics.

Tactics are one thing . .its the skill and ability of the players that determines their effectiveness.

The two are not separate.

Comment

Ah stop would you.

You can't assume at poorer team of 15 players will have the same results as this Australia team by virtue of the tactics.

Tactics are one thing . .its the skill and ability of the players that determines their effectiveness.

A **** game plan is still a **** game plan though.

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
                          Quality is important here though. The work Pocock in particular is doing means that Oz can keep numbers out, and then press instead of drifting. Our losses in the tight allowed them to create overlaps.
                          Indeed, Pocock is immense and we wouldn't be making it look as easy as Australia did for the first 15 minutes. But the passiveness we started with last week and the way we stood off them in defence was absolute suicide. It made them look 25 points better than they were.

Their handling and skills last week made them look like world beaters but we were giving them 10 metres every time which built their confidence. It was a bit like giving a pre-2008 Leinster side a load of room to prance around the place. They looked majestic but once you stuck it up them they were flaky. The Argies wouldn't have beaten us in an arm wrestle last week as we saw for that 39 minute spell in the middle when we were actually at the races.

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
                            A **** game plan is still a **** game plan though.
                            Indeed . . but its not all the game plan.

The second try was from a Scrum and pure skill. . . . .our scrum was beaten by Argentina early on and we got nothing like that quality ball to give our backs to use . . .and even if we had no one among our 15 has ever passed like Foley did there.

Its not all about getting in their faces. Australia are simply a much better team than we were.

Comment

Ah stop would you.

Take Pocock, Hooper, Moore and Folau out of thisAussie side and they wouldn't look too clever.

Comment

Disgraceful yellow card. It wasn't even a f'cking penalty.

Comment

Working...
                                X