World Cup Semi Finals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spiffy View Post
    I think we looked terrible mostly because Argentina made us look that way. They are a very good team from 1-15 with no real weakness and are playing creative rugby. They had a momentary blip by allowing Ireland back into it for a bit, but soon took charge again. I am hoping they cause an upset against Oz today.
    Hooper and Pocock wont be wiped out at the breakdown the way we were when Argentina dominated us.

That alone will make a huge difference.

If Foley is on form and the weather is good I can't see Argentina winning . . .but who knows.

Comment

Looking at Creevy walking out of the dressing room these guys are wound up.

How do they manage to go back to the well so often and fire themselves up like they do.

Comment

BANG!!! Rob Simmons reads Argentina like a book.

Comment

Can tell from the first 60 seconds that Australia have done the homework we didn't have done last week.

Get in their faces and put pressure on the high risk, high octane Argentinian gameplan. Force the mistakes. We all said it the week before but Ireland sat off and allowed them build momentum while Australia have already punished them.

Comment

Depressing opening from an Irish perspective. Australian defense so much more aggressive than ours.
            "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Argentina need to calm the feck down
              The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
              - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

What a brilliantly worked move!

Comment

Are we seeing now what Argentina really are and how abysmal we were??

Comment

Journo Brendan Gallagher on twitter said in the warm up Arg kept botching lineouts and dropping balls all over the shop. Definitely nervous.

Comment

Argies defence was as narrow as ours there
                      The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
                      - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

Yup, complete idiocy so far from Argies
                        My computer thinks I'm gay
                        What's the difference anyway
                        When all the people do all day
                        Is stare into a phone

Comment

What a pass . . . .great skill.

Comment

Originally posted by CorcĂ­och View Post
                            Are we seeing now what Argentina really are and how abysmal we were??
                            They're not as bad as they've been in the first few minutes but they're far from a great side. Australia are showing exactly what you need to do to counter the game they're trying to play. Had we gone out with the same tactics we'd have beaten them.

Comment

Cheika's worked some wonders with this Aussie side. At the same time Argentina's been staring into headlights from the kick-off.

Comment

I can see Australia battering NZ in the final.

SA destroyed them at the breakdown yesterday but hadn't a notion what to do with the ball once they got it. Aussies are better at the breakdown and have the best looking backline in the tournament.

Comment

Working...
                                X