• Show
Clear All

Game on!
    Ta an draoicht ar ais aris

Comment

World Cup Semi Finals

Matlock!

Tv3 commentator as Victor knocks on to end the game
      Last edited by Ron Swanson; 24-October-2015, 16:52.

Comment

That retaken conversion was fairly costly to S.A

Comment

Garces was fairly ok

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Swanson View Post
            Garces was fairly ok
            no contentious decisions to be made, so he did ok.

Comment

Enjoyed that ,tense finish ,all this talk about rugby style etc and Ireland playing wrong way well today we saw lots of box kicks and not a huge amount of running rugby ,better team won delighted for Dan Carter one of my favourite players ,great to see him in a world cup final
              Still there's a light I hold before me
              You're the measure of my dreams
              The measure of my dreams.

Comment

Originally posted by theghost View Post
                Enjoyed that ,tense finish ,all this talk about rugby style etc and Ireland playing wrong way well today we saw lots of box kicks and not a huge amount of running rugby ,better team won delighted for Dan Carter one of my favourite players ,great to see him in a world cup final
                Our skills would have failed under the pressure exerted by both of those sides today. You just see the folly of talk that we'd ever be capable of beating those sides in a WC Semi-Final.

Lot of premature rubbish spoken about SA . A lot of that side are very young and they'll be hard beaten in 2019.
                I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post
                  Our skills would have failed under the pressure exerted by both of those sides today. You just see the folly of talk that we'd ever be capable of beating those sides in a WC Semi-Final.

Lot of premature rubbish spoken about SA . A lot of that side are very young and they'll be hard beaten in 2019.
                  Power, strength, scrum, defense are important, ok, but they showed that they are unable to propose anythinhg else. A bit restrictive imho.
                  I join you on the fact that they have strong young players who will be in the full strength of age in 4 years, but they will have to improve in the management of the game. And if they meat a side who are as physically as powerful, like today, they lack solutions.
                  Concerning youth, Argentina does as well. In fact, conservatism and refusing to let young players arise is, excepted in England, a NH problem. And one cause of the backwardness?
                  The Scots (originally Irish, but by now Scotch) were at this time inhabiting Ireland, having driven the Irish (Picts) out of Scotland; while the Picts (originally Scots) were now Irish (living in brackets) and vice versa. It is essential to keep these distinctions clearly in mind (and verce visa).

Comment

They're gonna slaughter the Lions in 2 years time.
                    I am the million man.

Comment

Pity that was rooting for the boks!.
                      Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                        They're gonna slaughter the Lions in 2 years time.
                        Trying to gut ythe opponent is maybe the alpha, but glad to see that it's not the omega of the game. There is still a (limited?) place for the brain and the skill. :o
                        The Scots (originally Irish, but by now Scotch) were at this time inhabiting Ireland, having driven the Irish (Picts) out of Scotland; while the Picts (originally Scots) were now Irish (living in brackets) and vice versa. It is essential to keep these distinctions clearly in mind (and verce visa).

Comment

SA 15 AB 20 neck roll given against SA who had just got the penalty . Never shown again ?

Comment

Originally posted by Drick View Post
                            no contentious decisions to be made, so he did ok.
                            2 YC calls (both right), three neck-rolls (all right), including reversed penalties, and a ref who FINALLY applied the gone-90 at test level?

Lots of contentious decisions, all right. He was excellent.
                            Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

Kiwis are not quite strolling to retaining the title but they are playing within themselves and are in the final.

Nobody from the NH really troubled them and its annoying to think they have to win a rugby championship(for all intents and purposes) to become world champions
                              I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomond78 View Post
                                2 YC calls (both right), three neck-rolls (all right), including reversed penalties, and a ref who FINALLY applied the gone-90 at test level?

Lots of contentious decisions, all right. He was excellent.
                                Also pinged McCaw a few times.
                                The early bird catches the worm but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Comment

Working...
                                X