X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World Cup Semi Finals

http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/news/115778

Match official appointments for RWC 2015 semi-finals

Jérôme Garcès and Wayne Barnes will referee the two RWC 2015 semi-finals this weekend

LONDON, 3 Oct - The match officials have been confirmed for the semi-final stage of Rugby World Cup 2015 this weekend with Jérôme Garcès and Wayne Barnes selected as referees.
    The first semi-final will take place at Twickenham between South Africa and New Zealand on Saturday (kick-off 16:00) with France’s Garcès in the middle. He will be joined on the line by compatriot Romain Poite and Ireland’s John Lacey with George Ayoub of Australia being the television match official.
    The following day at the same venue, Argentina will take on Australia in the second semi-final (kick-off 16:00) and England’s Wayne Barnes will take charge. His assistant referees will be Jaco Peyper of South Africa and Ireland’s George Clancy. New Zealand’s Ben Skeen will be TMO.
    The final and bronze final appointments will be announced in due course.

This would put Nigel in the driving seat for the final i would reckon!

Playing a semi ruled him out of the final last time i think. Would be major snub if he dosent ref a world cup final during his career!
    "I can't say, I'm the referee, I'm not your coach" - Romain Poite

Comment

Looks to open up the final for Owens
      think it's guaranteed it won't be Joubert

Comment

Ross O'Carroll-Kelly@RossOCK Oct 18
        I think they should be made go and finish the World Cup in the Southern Hemisphere. No one round here gives a fock anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by theghost View Post
          Ross O'Carroll-Kelly@RossOCK Oct 18
          I think they should be made go and finish the World Cup in the Southern Hemisphere. No one round here gives a fock anymore.
          I was thinking of posting that . . .I got a good laugh out of that this morning.

Comment

Matfield on the bench for the Saffers. XV unchanged from the the Whales game.
            The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Originally posted by Bash View Post
              This would put Nigel in the driving seat for the final i would reckon!

Playing a semi ruled him out of the final last time i think. Would be major snub if he dosent ref a world cup final during his career!
              Playing the Semi ( in which NZ played) didn't rule Joubert out of the 2011 Final.

Comment

I've 1 spare ticket for Australia v Argentina Sunday 4pm Twickenham cost £125stg. If anyone interested pm please. I'll be travelling myself ex Cork Saturday am

Comment

New Zealand: Joe Moody, Dane Coles, Owen Franks, Brodie Retallick, Sam Whitelock, Jerome Kaino, Richie McCaw (captain), Kieran Read; Aaron Smith, Dan Carter, Julian Savea, Ma'a Nonu, Conrad Smith, Nehe Milner-Skudder, Ben Smith.

Replacements: Keven Mealamu, Ben Franks, Charlie Faumuina, Victor Vito, Sam Cane, Tawera Kerr-Barlow, Beauden Barrett, Sonny Bill Williams.

Comment

Looks weak.
                    The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Anyone got a decent link for the game? My regular has just decided to go all pixelated on me!

EDIT - Scratch that. I've got one.
                      Last edited by stickman_sa; 24th-October-2015, 15:03.
                      "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." - The Dude abides.
                      "Forwards win matches. Backs decide by how much." - DK

Comment

S.A. are really going for this. Remains to be seen will they be able to keep this pace up.
                        Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                        Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Stupid from Burger but what do you expect?
                          The early bird catches the worm but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Comment

All blacks starting to get a bit tesky
                            Ta an draoicht ar ais aris

Comment

Nz feeling the pressure and its building big time 12_7 to south Africa

Comment

Working...
                              X