Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Payne out with broken foot, who'll replace him?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Payne out with broken foot, who'll replace him?

On RTE Rugby a few minutes ago.

Trimble. ?
    http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/rugby-...6-jared-payne/
    Last edited by markcaver; 10th-October-2015, 09:58.
    "Syrana" on de Villiers "A step, a hand off and two more defenders beaten on the line and the third try was in the bag. It's amazing what a world class inside centre can do when you play him at inside centre!"

Was just posting in the Ireland-France thread, I was thinking Trimble with Earls now at 13 by default, or possibly (Olding)?
    EDIT McCloskey is who I was thinking of, not Olding.
    Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Much and all as I'd love to see Andrew get the nod Id rather see someone join the squad who can do a job at 12 so if we are without Payne for the tournament we have the option of putting Robbie to 13.

Comment

That was my thinking about McCloskey alright. Even though I thought Trimble was very unfortunate to lose out in the first place, it would seem a bit odd to lose a centre and call up a winger.
        Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Fergie McFadden.
          I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
            Fergie McFadden.
            Quite Possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Corcíoch View Post
              Quite Possible.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	leinsters-jonathan-sexton-and-fergus-mcfadden-lift-up-head-coach-joe-schmidt-390x285.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	2486282
              I am the million man.

Comment

Two press stories released from McFadden in the last 24 hours if you're the cynical sort.

Comment

We are a bit short on centres alright.........

We desperately need someone like Sonny Bill......!

Difficult call.... who else was in the final shake up..?

Olding, good call, but does he know the moves and plays?

We can't have someone from scratch coming into a quater final making mistakes
                  "Syrana" on de Villiers "A step, a hand off and two more defenders beaten on the line and the third try was in the bag. It's amazing what a world class inside centre can do when you play him at inside centre!"

Comment

Originally posted by Dowlinz View Post
                    Two press stories released from McFadden in the last 24 hours if you're the cynical sort.
                    PHD in Joeball. Doctorate in contesting the contestables. I think Fergie will get the nod. He can even kick the ball off the ground as well as out of his hands!
                    I am the million man.

Comment

Ah jesus lads, not even in fun.
                      Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
                        Ah jesus lads, not even in fun.
                        Theres no fun in the JoeJourney!

The only fun is when we all land on Blisstonia and Joe was proven correct all along.
                        I am the million man.

Comment

Big Stu McCloskey should have been in the mix. The most impressive Irish centre this season so far.

It's going to be Noel Reid though.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
                            That was my thinking about Olding alright. Even though I thought Trimble was very unfortunate to lose out in the first place, it would seem a bit odd to lose a centre and call up a winger.
                            Olding has been injured since March and won't be back for a while yet.

If we're bringing in a 12 it should be McCloskey imho but Joe was more interested in Noel Reid.

That said, we already have Cave, Earls and Fitz to play inside or outside Henshaw. I expect we'll see Trimble called up.

Comment

Originally posted by Dowlinz View Post

Comment on RTE Rugby Facebook page that Madden has already flown out......!
                              No other details yet

Comment

Working...
                              X