• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Business End approaches

It's beginning to get serious.

The "Draw" for the Quarter Finals is

(1)Winners of Pool A v Runners up in Pool B
    Winners of Australia v Wales* v Scotland (or maybe Japan**)

(2) Winners of Pool B v Runners up in Pool A
    South Africa v Losers of Australia v Wales*

(3) Winners of Pool C v Runners up in Pool D
    New Zealand (or possibly Argentina but almost certainly not) v Losers of France v Ireland****

(4) Winners of Pool D v Runners up in Pool C
    Winners of France v Ireland** v Argentina (or possibly New Zealand but almost certainly not)

Semi-Finals:

(1) v (4) , (2) v (3)

* any draw except "3-2" to Wales wins Australia the Pool.

** to get second, Japan (v USA) must outscore Scotland (v Samoa) by three points.

***** to win the Pool, Argentina (v Namibia) must get 5 and New Zealand (v Tonga) must get none.

****** any draw except "3-2" to France wins Ireland the Pool.

To win the World Cup, Ireland must beat France, Argentina, Australia (IMO) and New Zealand (IMO) OR Lose to France and beat New Zealand, South Africa (IMO) and Australia (IMO)
    Last edited by Piquet; 7th-October-2015, 20:16. Reason: Updated

to win the World Cup, Ireland must beat France, Argentina, Australia (IMO) and New Zealand (IMO) OR Lose to France and beat New Zealand, South Africa (IMO) and Australia (IMO)

One game at a time lads, Feck it I cant wait for Sunday. I'd say come kick off time I'd nearly be thinking I could play the last 15 if needed.
    Come on Lads
    When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

Comment

Scots not there yet, spread on that game is only 10 points. Samoa could well have one last kick in them, and I'd fancy Japan to beat the US if the Scots do slip up
      Nothing against Scotland but I'd love to see Japan make it

Comment

Originally posted by Yatenga View Post
        Scots not there yet, spread on that game is only 10 points. Samoa could well have one last kick in them, and I'd fancy Japan to beat the US if the Scots do slip up
        Nothing against Scotland but I'd love to see Japan make it
        I agree that it would be terrific for Japan to make the Quarters but Samoa have been woeful all competition and expecting them to turn it around this is weekend is like thinking that Ireland in 2007 could beat France and/or Argentina after the train wreck performances against Namibia and Georgia.

I am very happy to be proven wrong, but it is hard to see Samoa sorting themselves out for the Scotland game.

Comment

Originally posted by Benji View Post
          to win the World Cup, Ireland must beat France, Argentina, Australia (IMO) and New Zealand (IMO) OR Lose to France and beat New Zealand, South Africa (IMO) and Australia (IMO)

One game at a time lads, Feck it I cant wait for Sunday. I'd say come kick off time I'd nearly be thinking I could play the last 15 if needed.
          Come on Lads
          I guess we will be meeting New Zealand in the QF and then we will be heading back home after that you have got to be realistic and not simplistic

there is now a very real possibility that it will be a all southern hemisphere semi final affair New Zealand , South Africa , Australia , Argentina

Comment

Originally posted by Out Half View Post
            I guess we will be meeting New Zealand in the QF and then we will be heading back home after that you have got to be realistic and not simplistic

there is now a very real possibility that it will be a all southern hemisphere semi final affair New Zealand , South Africa , Australia , Argentina
            OK, being realistic we haven't lost to France in 4 years, so we will beat them.

I don't actually believe this, but it's not being unrealistic to say that we can, and maybe should, beat France.

Comment

Working...
            X